ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Steve Pikiell talks Fairfield postgame

Pike says Dean is fine. Either he is being intentionally misleading and Dean is working back from injury still or Dean is way lower in the pecking order than many expected. I guess a third option could be he didn't want to show Dean at the 4?

But with Caleb out.... there were 30+ extra minutes to go around. Hyatt played a ton at the 3 which opened up potential minutes at the 4

Carino prediction of starting seems to be wayyyy off

Is there a chance Pike doesn't plan to play Dean at the 4 much AND Woolfolk takes Cliff's backup minutes at the 5? Remember Pike is defense first and Dean was not a strong post defender. Woolfolk's defense did look very good...

If so, Dean will be the biggest stock down compared to preseason projections. Someone is likely to be left out....

Rotation locked in major minutes after today...

Paul Cam Caleb Mag Cliff at the starting 5. Simpson the 1st guard off the bench at the 1 or 2. Hyatt first forward. Woolfolk backing up Cliff?

Even if Dean gets Cliff's backup minutes, if he doesn't play any 4, his role will be smallgold...

Dean's role an interesting story line and big question now heading into the season

Reactions: MiloTalon13
odd thought.. re: NIL.. are NIL partners happy with Paul's scraggly beard? Does it matter? I wonder if this (generally) will be an issue with NIL deals for others..

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Weirdly enough you’re the second person I heard mention this and no it doesn’t effect him with NIL 😂
I guess I was more interested in a more general sense of the question than Paul specifically. Glad to hear I am not totally alone. But NIL is Name, Image and Likeness.. or is supposed to be. And companies that invest in an IMAGE or LIKENESS might have something to say about how to get the best return on that investment.

This also begs the question about any morals clauses built into NIL deals. If a player damages his or her name then it should be worth less.. if anything at all.

Someday we will see lawsuits over stuff like this.. that is, if NIL is really NIL and not merely the buying of players' services on the fields and courts and so on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT