ADVERTISEMENT

Football Walk on RB/LB withdraws from portal

giphy.gif

He played a lot on ST and continued to play after he entered the portal. Cant blame a kid for exploring options, given the uncertainty during the season. What do we know, Maybe he is more comfortable here and can help is win games.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Wasn't this the kid who posted Rick Mantz' "feel free to try out for the team if you really want to waste your time" email to Twitter?

Ok if you read the tweet and responses, he is a Mech engineering student, was showing that he was proud he overcame all this doubt. Tweets with people that are saying how great this is.....and got over 14k likes.

As usual this place twisted it in to a hate for Mantz, and Mantz is a jerk debate....etc. sounds a bit bitter, but maybe we need more of that attitude here...he could be a Schiano man

Ok if you read the tweet and responses, he is a Mech engineering student, was showing that he was proud he overcame all this doubt. Tweets with people that are saying how great this is.....and got over 14k likes.

As usual this place twisted it in to a hate for Mantz, and Mantz is a jerk debate....etc. sounds a bit bitter, but maybe we need more of that attitude here...he could be a Schiano man

That's kind of a dickish response to text/email a kid. Yeah, I get it he's not good enough, but it's not exactly Tuscaloosa depth we got here. Tell him when the walk-on tryout it, and wish him success with his future football career. Mantz should leave out his personal commentary.

Being a walk on is tough. I walked on for a different sport at Rutgers. Coach said and I’ll never forget the words after my tryout. We could put you in the team, but you’ll never play and you’d be a glorified orange cone at practice.

I probably should have went for it but I was like. Ehh I’ll just be a regular student. Didn’t need those 7am practices to be a practice cone.

Lately, I have been feeling that way. Life is good.

That is awesome.
Hope it stays that way for you.

I just saved the gif to my phone so I can be reminded of it.

Also brings to mind this tweet I recently saved from RU coach Ross Douglass:

“Whenever you feel like complaining always remember that there is somebody who would love to be in your situation. Be thankful 100”

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT