ADVERTISEMENT

Wayyyy tooo early Defense depth chart predictions.

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
OK, let's hear your predictions for the defense's depth chart for 2022

Here's my CHOP at it:

DE- Aaron Lewis, K Fletcher
NG- Kyonte Hamilton, JKroma h
DT- Ifeanyi Maijeh, M Ahanotu
DE- Mohamed Toure, C stewart

LB- Tyreem Powell, D Jennings
LB- Khayri Banton, A Dean
LB- Moses Walker, A Johnson

CB- Kessawn Abraham , R Longerbeam
S- Avery Young, A Clark
S- Christian Izien, D. Igbinosun
CB- Max Melton, C. Braswell

Just guessing at the LB (pulling names from the roster for the backups). I'm assuming that Moses Walker is going to start as a freshman and maybe Johnson too. Hopefully we get a LB transfer. Otherwise, I see a lot of 5-2 fronts on D.
Our DB's will be the defensive strength of the team. I feel ok at DL. Toure was great last yr. Hopefully Lewis continues his development in his jounior year. Hamilton should be good at cocknose.

Here's my CHOP at it:

S- Avery Young, A Clark

Just guessing at the LB (pulling names from the roster for the backups). I'm assuming that Moses Walker is going to start as a freshman and maybe Johnson too. Hopefully we get a LB transfer. Otherwise, I see a lot of 5-2 fronts on D.
Our DB's will be the defensive strength of the team. I feel ok at DL. Toure was great last yr. Hopefully Lewis continues his development in his jounior year. Hamilton should be good at cocknose.
I don't see Walker and Johnson at the same spot. Johnson is built like a Mike and I thought Walker was more a hybrid SS type?

Here's my CHOP at it:

S- Avery Young, A Clark

I am limited of knowledge with guys I havent seen much so I'll just make some comments.

DE- Aaron Lewis, K Fletcher - Lewis could become a star
NG- Kyonte Hamilton, JKroma h -for NT/DT - would like to see GS go for at least one big time guy in the portal
DE- Mohamed Toure, C stewart - Toure - see Lewis

LB- Tyreem Powell, D Jennings - Powell looks like a mult year star for us

CB- Kessawn Abraham , R Longerbeam - Longerbeam has so much potential
S- Avery Young, A Clark
S- Christian Izien, D. Igbinosun - Izien was our MVP last year.
CB- Max Melton, C. Braswell - Max has NFL written on him

Here's my CHOP at it:

S- Avery Young, A Clark

DLine
Flip Fletcher and Stewart
Fletcher is an edge rusher like M Toure

But I think W. Bailey will be backing up Toure until Fletcher bulks up.

LBs
Banton size is a concern but he has plenty time to bulk up before Boston College
By mid season Powell and Walker will be the two guys

DB
We run mostly a 4-2-5
I see Longerbeam and Clark fighting it out for the 3rd spot. Staff seems to want Clark as a CB
A. Young is going to have to fight tooth and nail to keep Igbinosun off the field
And keep an eye on on my personal favorite CB Shaquan Loyal

Avery Young was better at cb. He was getting early round NFL draft predictions at corner.

Reactions: miket007
I don't like Toure starting at DE. I believe Jennings will get the nod to play with Powell over the youngsters. Young gets moved back to corner and starts with Melton and won't be shocked to see Longerbeam get the nod over Abraham. Izien and Igbinosun hold down the saftey spots. Really looking forward to what Clark, Loyal and Long bring or if Braswell has recovered which can shake things up in the cb rotation....

I don't like Toure starting at DE. I believe Jennings will get the nod to play with Powell over the youngsters. Young gets moved back to corner and starts with Melton and won't be shocked to see Longerbeam get the nod over Abraham. Izien and Igbinosun hold down the saftey spots. Really looking forward to what Clark, Loyal and Long bring or if Braswell has recovered which can shake things up in the cb rotation....
Toure- not sure what to call him but he will get a lot of play time and even more air time. Electric when rushing the passer
Would love to see Young back at CB but he also gives a chance to play him where needed.
Longerbeam looks like a huge star in the making.

I think the DL will have Brown and Rainey too.
I’m not sure of that. I think both were down on the depth chart. They are bigger guys and I’m not sure the have the quickness, athletic ability to contribute a great deal on the DL.

I still think we’re to light in the ass at the linebacker position for a black and blue league.
Heights and weights are inflated and to me these LB’s look like strong safeties.
I know you can show me similar weights on opposing teams, but I just think you need an anchor at 240 somewhere in that group

I still think we’re to light in the ass at the linebacker position for a black and blue league.
Heights and weights are inflated and to me these LB’s look like strong safeties.
I know you can show me similar weights on opposing teams, but I just think you need an anchor at 240 somewhere in that group
Powell has the body that can easily handle an additional 15-20lbs. If he comes in next year near 240- he will be a beast. By his final couple of years, I think he ends up playing in the 245 range and still look thin.

Reactions: zappaa
We are pretty strong at CB and not nearly as deep at Safety. I don’t see Young moving back unless some of the younger guys can play Safety. Abraham won some awards so would be surprised if he does not start though against some teams we will start 3 CB’s and play 2 LB’s. I would like to see Toure line up in different spots and cause headaches. He can do it all pretty well. Wonder if we see some Angoy at NT. He’s got the size for the run oriented teams. I think our LB’s are big enough. They will add weight and they can run and tackle which are more important as long as the DT’s can eat up blockers.

Reactions: zappaa
Hopefully Clark will step up …Safety should not be weak based on Christian and Igbinosun.

I am limited of knowledge with guys I havent seen much so I'll just make some comments.

DE- Aaron Lewis, K Fletcher - Lewis could become a star
NG- Kyonte Hamilton, JKroma h -for NT/DT - would like to see GS go for at least one big time guy in the portal
DE- Mohamed Toure, C stewart - Toure - see Lewis

LB- Tyreem Powell, D Jennings - Powell looks like a mult year star for us

CB- Kessawn Abraham , R Longerbeam - Longerbeam has so much potential
S- Avery Young, A Clark
S- Christian Izien, D. Igbinosun - Izien was our MVP last year.
CB- Max Melton, C. Braswell - Max has NFL written on him
I guess strike Clark from the 2 deep.

Really confounding,

Clark’s departure is a blow going forward. It may not be a huge impact next season but after that it leaves a hole, especially at safety where the depth is not as good as it is at CB.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Clark’s departure is a blow going forward. It may not be a huge impact next season but after that it leaves a hole, especially at safety where the depth is not as good as it is at CB.
Yeah he was going to be a foundational part of the D.

Does anyone suspect that Clark’s departure will derail Schiano’s use of the portal by summer? We in 2022 understand the portal giveth and taketh and as Greg has recently proven he’ll use it to the max . The fact that Clark was first injured and then did not play again ,as well as not playing in the Bowl game, I’m sure this leaving had been known and in the works for several months.

Does anyone suspect that Clark’s departure will derail Schiano’s use of the portal by summer? We in 2022 understand the portal giveth and taketh and as Greg has recently proven he’ll use it to the max . The fact that Clark was first injured and then did not play again ,as well as not playing in the Bowl game, I’m sure this leaving had been known and in the works for several months.

Saw him on the sideline at the Gator Bowl in a walking boot.

Some serious disrespect in here for arguably the best defensive player this season, Kessawn Abraham. Young is not an nfl cornerback lol stop making stuff up.

Some serious disrespect in here for arguably the best defensive player this season, Kessawn Abraham. Young is not an nfl cornerback lol stop making stuff up.
He had a really good year but Izien and Melton had better years. And that isn’t a knock on KA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT