ADVERTISEMENT

When does spring practice start?

Originally posted by Tango Two:

Rutgers football officially announced its spring practice schedule and other key dates.

The annual Scarlet-White Game will take place at High Point Solutions Stadium April 24 at 7:30 p.m. and will be televised live on Big Ten Network.
Another 1st for Rutgers football.........."and will be televised live...".
Good times.
This post was edited on 3/11 2:54 PM by Kbee3

Originally posted by Local Shill:
Not even close to a first.

Before Greg pulled the plug on it maybe 3 or 4 years into his tenure, the spring game was televised for years.

Not necessarily live but it was available. - usually on MSG Network or some such.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
"Not necessarily live" is kinda significant to me. I might be able to get some pals over to watch the Spring game or get the bartender at a local joint to put the game on....if it's LIVE. No chance if it's a replay.
Also, if they have shown Rutgers Spring game live in the past......my mistake. I honestly don't recall ever having that option.
This post was edited on 3/11 5:02 PM by Kbee3

I'd say having the spring game broadcast live on BTN is kind of a big deal.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
I'd say having the spring game broadcast live on BTN is kind of a big deal.
At what point will the threads start about all the empty seats
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Flood said today that there'll be events surrounding the game that will be announced in the next few weeks. One change is the flag football game will now be played at halftime. He also said playing on a Friday night was his decision as opposed to the BTN as several here guessed. He said the main reason is to get kids and families there who would not be able to attend on a Saturday because of the own events.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT