ADVERTISEMENT

*** Where in New Jersey are you watching the game? ***

John Otterstedt

Hall of Famer
Jul 10, 2001
There is going to be a great event planned in Hoboken (read about that here). The alumni club is going to promote that event to thousands of fans, so it should definitely be a fun time. We highly encourage you to make the trip.

For those who can't make it to Hoboken, I know that the game watching experience is way better if a few other Rutgers fans are hanging around the bar. If you can't make it to Hoboken and are going to watch the game in your local bar, post it here. I'll keep updating the main post with bars, locations and attendees.

note: This thread is for NJ locations. If you are watching the game in another state, please post it here.

Last edited:
This was posted by ScarletKid2008 regarding the Hoboken event:

Thanks to @AreYouNUTS we now have a new home for RUTGERS FOOTBALL game watch parties in HOBOKEN .. and that home is THE TALLY HO SALOON at 215 Washington Street.

Below is the atmosphere and specials you can expect as a Rutgers fan:

Atmosphere:

• Game shown on 110" projection screen
  • Plus most of the (21) 42" TV's throughout the bar
  • Music to be played during timeouts and half-time (no listening to commercials)
  • Staff will be dressed in Scarlet
  • We'll have RU decor, flags, bar will be lit in red lights, etc.
  • Working on getting giveaways and a raffle item for the season

Drink Specials:
  • $10 for ANY pitcher of beer (this includes Shocktop, Goose Island, Sweetwater, Yeungling, Bud Light, Coors Light)
  • $10 pitchers of Mimosas, Manmosas, or Sangria (Red, White, Rose)
  • $5 "Bubbly" Pops (Bellini, Mimosa, Rose)
  • $5 well drinks AND Jack drinks
  • $3 "Scarlet" Shots whenever RU scores
Additional Bar Features/Entertainment

- (1) corn hole set
- (1) shuffleboard
- (2) dart boards
- (3-4) beer pong tables

All of this will be kicked-off this Saturday for the game vs Nebraska and will continue for every HOME & AWAY game remaining for 2017. If attendance is good and interest is there, we can consider doing this for a select few basketball games as well.
ADDITIONAL PROMOTION FOR THIS WEEK !
  • Any fans who attend the College Gameday event in Times Sq and show a picture of themselves at Gameday with a RU sign (also mentioning Tally Ho) will receive a FREE DRAFT BEER & SHOT.
Spread the word: We will be working with the RUAA to list this as one of the official game watch parties which is included in a weekly email blast to RU alumni.

TALLY HO SALOON
215 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
http://tallyhoboken.com/

Can't deal with the losses and blowouts to make a day out of it.
Yeah I agree. With three tailgates in a row I need to get stuff done. I will be checking in on radio and have the TV on in the background. If we keep it close and make it interesting, I'll zone in on it, but can't blow a day in a bar right now.

Looks like I'll be watching from my couch with my 2 Rutgers Fans In Training. As others have said, 3 tailgates have piled up the to-do list, so hoping to knock a few off of that. Will treat it like a tailgate, though, as we'll be grilling stuff up leading into and during the game.

Not sure where I'm going to watch the game yet. After the game, I'm heading to Edison to see John Eddie. Since moving to Nashville, he doesn't perform that often in NJ. When he does, it's usually in Asbury Park or Atlantic City. A Middlesex County gig is a rarity. I encourage music fans in the area to attend the Jersey Shore legend's show. It's supposed to be a beautiful night. Even more beautiful if we're celebrating a Rutgers victory. :sunglasses:

http://johneddie.com/events/edison-nj-0

This was posted by ScarletKid2008 regarding the Hoboken event:

Thanks to @AreYouNUTS we now have a new home for RUTGERS FOOTBALL game watch parties in HOBOKEN .. and that home is THE TALLY HO SALOON at 215 Washington Street.

Below is the atmosphere and specials you can expect as a Rutgers fan:

Atmosphere:

• Game shown on 110" projection screen
  • Plus most of the (21) 42" TV's throughout the bar
  • Music to be played during timeouts and half-time (no listening to commercials)
  • Staff will be dressed in Scarlet
  • We'll have RU decor, flags, bar will be lit in red lights, etc.
  • Working on getting giveaways and a raffle item for the season

Drink Specials:
  • $10 for ANY pitcher of beer (this includes Shocktop, Goose Island, Sweetwater, Yeungling, Bud Light, Coors Light)
  • $10 pitchers of Mimosas, Manmosas, or Sangria (Red, White, Rose)
  • $5 "Bubbly" Pops (Bellini, Mimosa, Rose)
  • $5 well drinks AND Jack drinks
  • $3 "Scarlet" Shots whenever RU scores
Additional Bar Features/Entertainment

- (1) corn hole set
- (1) shuffleboard
- (2) dart boards
- (3-4) beer pong tables

All of this will be kicked-off this Saturday for the game vs Nebraska and will continue for every HOME & AWAY game remaining for 2017. If attendance is good and interest is there, we can consider doing this for a select few basketball games as well.
ADDITIONAL PROMOTION FOR THIS WEEK !

• Any fans who attend the College Gameday event in Times Sq and show a picture of themselves at Gameday with a RU sign (also mentioning Tally Ho) will receive a FREE DRAFT BEER & SHOT.
Spread the word: We will be working with the RUAA to list this as one of the official game watch parties which is included in a weekly email blast to RU alumni.

TALLY HO SALOON
215 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
http://tallyhoboken.com/
That looks like an awesome setup.

Normally, RU#s and I several of our tailgate crew head to the Olive Branch to watch away games. It's always a great environment to watch the games.

For this game, we will all be catching up on the game on DVR later Saturday evening as one of our crew had an older relative pass away and we'll be at the service and repast during the game.

It's in Parsippany. We were going to have the tailgate on the sand at out lake beach, but my buddy wants to break in his new back yard properly.

Isn't it " Parisppany"?

23453677-mmmain.jpg

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/09/dot_to_fix_misspelled_sign_for_lake_parisppany.html

Last edited:
John, I was planning on watching the game at your house. So sorry, when your wife invited me over, I had NO idea that you weren't going to be there! [roll]

I'm too much of a psycho to watch at a bar. The only 2 times I ever tried I left at halftime.

Going to watch by myself in the living room where I can pace back and forth, yell, and curse without bothering anyone else.

Funny thing is when I'm at the stadium I'm as calm as one can be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT