ADVERTISEMENT

Where's everybody tailgating at VT?

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
We plan on being at the Church at North Main around noon, hopefully we run into a bunch of RU fans there.

If you're in the area, looks for the flags:

yMotjDr.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: RutgersWill
By the way, spoke with them at the church this morning. Tailgating is allowed, alcohol is allowed but they prefer that you have it in a covered container. i.e., if you're drinking a beer pour it into a red solo cup. I would suspect the other churches in the area that allow parking probably have the same preference.

By the way #2, I will have a grill there if anyone is looking to char something on it. Tyler and I will be bringing stuff for the two of us, but I've got plenty of propane and am more than willing to cook anything you bring.

Reactions: Knight Shift
By the way, spoke with them at the church this morning. Tailgating is allowed, alcohol is allowed but they prefer that you have it in a covered container. i.e., if you're drinking a beer pour it into a red solo cup. I would suspect the other churches in the area that allow parking probably have the same preference.
Churches trying to hide reality. Can you use foul language in the lot, or do you have to hide it by using hand signals?

Last edited:
Do they put their holy wine, aka the blood of Christ, in a red solo cup?

So you'd prefer they not be hypocritical and refuse to allow tailgating at all? Now there's a mock-worthy opinion.
Wow, I think you missed the point, and I'm checking out on further debate here to avoid a thread derail. God forbid I quote the Bible again, and someone accuses me of being a holy roller. Their drinking rule is a little silly IMO, but it's their church and property and they can make whatever rules they want. If people don't like those rules, they can park elsewhere. No need for a holy war to start of over something so minor. I respect people who are religious, but don't respect those who try to impose their religious values on others and look down on them. If that makes any sense. Live and let live.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Wow, I think you missed the point, and I'm checking out on further debate here to avoid a thread derail. God forbid I quote the Bible again, and someone accuses me of being a holy roller. Their drinking rule is a little silly IMO, but it's their church and property and they can make whatever rules they want. If people don't like those rules, they can park elsewhere. No need for a holy war to start of over something so minor. I respect people who are religious, but don't respect those who try to impose their religious values on others and look down on them. If that makes any sense. Live and let live.
yep.. misunderstood. a string of one-liners by different posters often can do that to me. I just don't understand the need to display disdain for religion. While not religious myself, I suspect religion is responsible for so much that is good about America's history that the movement to mock it and erase it is hazardous to our, alleged, god-given rights. So when I see such being casually tossed about.. it irks me.

Guys, c'mon, it's not so much a church thing but a southern thing. Let's not get into more bickering after a monumental RU win.

By the way, at the Lutheran Church where we ended up parking, they had no problem with beer bottles. They just didn't want anyone getting stupid drunk. Dear god, I wish our RU parking attendants would learn a thing or three from them about friendliness and civility.

• Angry
Reactions: RU8444
Nothing wrong with mocking hypocrisy of religious people.
If you are referring to my reply, in this thread, how would you know it was hypocritical when you have no idea what my beliefs are? If you are attempting to defend the asshole I was replying to then you are as big an idiot as he is. You do not mock anyone's scared religious beliefs ever!! Nothing to do with lightening up, it is just plain wrong and ignorant.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
If you are referring to my reply, in this thread, how would you know it was hypocritical when you have no idea what my beliefs are? If you are attempting to defend the asshole I was replying to then you are as big an idiot as he is. You do not mock anyone's scared religious beliefs ever!! Nothing to do with lightening up, it is just plain wrong and ignorant.
Holy smokes. Go read my reply to @GoodOl'Rutgers and have a 10 beers and relax.

Last edited:
Reactions: KT8813
Lol.. All I was saying is if they asked the tailgaters to use a solo cup for their alcohol, does that mean they used solo cups for their wine. It was a joke. That makes me an a-hole? You must be a really fun person to hang around. Again....

stripes lighten GIF

No mocking of hypocrisy. I was only asking if they used the same drinking vessel as what they requested. Apparantly that caused some panties to get bunched up a bit.
I misread your post. On some topics like religion in politics, for some people, there is a small margin of error in interpretation. I usually avoid discussion of religion with strangers or on social media, but I'm willing to listen, debate and learn.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT