ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you most upset with over the past week?

Who are you pissed at for the past week?

• Barchi

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hermann

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Flood

Votes: 34 20.0%
  • Politi

Votes: 34 20.0%
  • Sargeant

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Duggan

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Manahan

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Barnwell

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • 5 Players charged

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • "Unnamed University Official"

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters

JPhoboken

Heisman Winner
Mar 15, 2005
Lots of anger, just curious to see who most people are really upset with.

I am upset with the players charged. I am doubly upset with Barnwell. I am upset with Flood for what appears to be willful disregard of University policy. Any displeaure I have with anyone else is derivative.

I am upset with the players charged. I am doubly upset with Barnwell. I am upset with Flood for what appears to be willful disregard of University policy. Any displeaure I have with anyone else is derivative.

Rushing to judgement re: Flood before all the facts are in is foolish.

---
Yeah, I went back and forth between barnwell and the five charged.......chose the five

Most upset with? Boggs and Johnson (breaking and entering and armed robbery)
Runners up? Barnwell and Peele (blown second chances, participation in the fight)
Honorable mention? Stephenson brothers and Gross (participation in the fight)

A bit further down past that would be the "unnamed university sources".

The bottom feeders at the Ledger are just bottom feeding as usual - it's like being upset at TMZ or the National Enquirer. No use being upset - if enough people just ignore them, they'll be working other jobs soon enough.

I would have selected everyone except Flood and Hermann.

I think the current problems go back to RU past admins who have habitually fed media gorilla, sacrificed decent if not perfect staff and hired more decent yet imperfect staff - who have to work with banana peels being thrown under their feet from multiple directions (and by people supposedly on their side)

Players in order of the severity of their indiscretion. The only word that comes to mind is 'stupid'

I am not angry about the media, as I ignore NJ's media anyway and hold them in such low regard as to have no expectations of professionalism on their part. Therefore, when they fulfill those expectations as they sadly almost always do, I do not get angry (anymore - I'm so used to it).

I feel very let down by the players, assuming that the charges filed against them are accurate. All of the "family" rhetoric that all members of the team and the coaching staff constantly invoke seems to have gone out the window with those 5. I work with students and know that they frequently make bad choices and somehow seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that there will be consequences for their actions. But these guys clearly should have known better - how could they possibly think that no one would know who they were?

The biggest question that I have about this entire mess, which began on April 25, which was right after the spring game IIRC, is why it all took so long. Could the timing of this bombshell have been worse? Did the length of time consumed by the investigation indicate that there was/is a lot of doubt about who the perpetrators really are?

Frankly, I believe that Flood didn't know about the investigation, or, at least, who was being investigated. Had he known, he would never have allowed them to continue practicing right up to the 11th hour before the season opener, leaving himself with no time to coach up their replacements.

In summation, I support Coach Flood and hope that he is able to survive this and that he can rally the team to surpass expectations (once again) this season.

This is 100% on the players. They're adults getting well over $150K in direct benefits for free (and far more if they take advantage of their education and their network) and they, alone, are responsible for their sheer stupidity. Dumfuks.

I think Politi's getting votes here because people have three votes and may only have 1 or 2 answers... so he gets a third vote for just general dislike. "Huh... don't know what to do with my extra vote... you know what? screw *that* guy"

I think Politi's getting votes here because people have three votes and may only have 1 or 2 answers... so he gets a third vote for just general dislike. "Huh... don't know what to do with my extra vote... you know what? screw *that* guy"
If people are voting for Politi, I am quite certain he has earned it.

As much as I despise the 5 players actions if they are found guilty via our legal system, the local media has once again poisoned the well with their yellow journalism. The written word is extremely powerful and I am absolutely convinced the local media uses it for the sole purpose of profiting from sensationalism. It ruins reputations and individuals, which is also criminal. Politi had some nerve blasting JH about loss of jobs with her comment about her hope of the NJSL dying. What a hypocrite. His written words are just as harmful to the livelihood of many people that are affected by his slander. His cohorts are no better.

Its not a voting option but I am most upset by our "fans" imploding,lashing out at the coach, lashing out at the players and not supporting Rutgers football.

Its not a voting option but I am most upset by our "fans" imploding,lashing out at the coach, lashing out at the players and not supporting Rutgers football.
Someone pointed that out early on, I tried to add fans as an option, but it wouldn't let me.

The players , how could it be anyone else. Can I put the RU PR department as an honorable mention, our crisis management sucks.

If the five players don't do anything, nobody else has to be in a position to do (or not do) anything. Ergo, it's no contest.

Lots of anger, just curious to see who most people are really upset with.
I am angry at all 5 of those ex players ...They have such brought negative attention to a program that is the best..........I hope that all 5 of them have a new residence behind bars for a period of time .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT