ADVERTISEMENT

Why BTN analysts ‘came away impressed’ with Rutgers’ passing attack after training camp visit

“Their quarterback, a big fan,” Roth said. “If you know my content well enough then you know discernment, outside of physical traits and accuracy, sits right there firmly at number three. Sitting there watching their practice today, his discernment is as good as I think you can ask for. Making decisions, up-tempo decisions, high-percentage decisions. Receiving core (sic, corps!) got better. Running back is one of the better in the Big Ten. Defensively, you know they’re going to be physical.”

My motto for spring/summer workouts is "believe nothing you read and only half of what you see."
When Army was having their 15 losing seasons in a row their practices and spring games could look like tOSU vs Michigan

My motto for spring/summer workouts is "believe nothing you read and only half of what you see."
When Army was having their 15 losing seasons in a row their practices and spring games could look like tOSU vs Michigan
Mostly agree . But every year on this show they say we will stink …so it’s a good sign they are more positive this year.

Some fine young men and representative of the whole team. Longerbeam and Athan.
Coach and his staff deserve a big appreciation for the culture they have developed and it is one of the first things recruits mention when they visit. Time to get over the past and recognize we are in a big time league and we belong.

This is good news ! Just 2 years ago the BTN crew thought we were still playing Hofstra . Shows you much prep they did on us previously

Mostly agree . But every year on this show they say we will stink …so it’s a good sign they are more positive this year.

Positive is good.
Its also been an RU trait to go slack with glowing media.
Cincy after Louisville...WV after USF in 07...UConn after Cincy in 2011..Syracuse after USF in 2009 - blowouts after big wins.
Hopefully GS is popping a lot of ego balloons and keeping the fellas earthbound .
Not that Howard is scary

Funny how in the Wimsatt thread you support and even quoted the pre-season media commentary regarding the spring/summer UK hype on Gavin @ Kentucky. But in a positive thread about RU you say "believe nothing" you read about spring/summer workouts.

Reactions: rutgersdave
I hope Athan succeeds, but this type of commentary is completely worthless. Has anyone ever said a quarterback looked awful in training camp? If I felt like wasting the time, which I don't, I could find 20 different puff pieces (including by writers on this site) saying Wimsatt looked great in past training camps.

I hope Athan succeeds, but this type of commentary is completely worthless. Has anyone ever said a quarterback looked awful in training camp? If I felt like wasting the time, which I don't, I could find 20 different puff pieces (including by writers on this site) saying Wimsatt looked great in past training camps.
I think the difference in this report from past years was explained in the thread. I always love the posters who feel it's their duty to crap on fans' preseason optimism. You say you don't want to waste time, yet you clicked on the thread and responded. Now I find myself wasting time typing this response. Maybe all fandom is a waste of time? Let's ponder the question...

I think the difference in this report from past years was explained in the thread. I always love the posters who feel it's their duty to crap on fans' preseason optimism. You say you don't want to waste time, yet you clicked on the thread and responded. Now I find myself wasting time typing this response. Maybe all fandom is a waste of time? Let's ponder the question...

Methinks that's a dupe handle, and I don't mean yours

SublimeWR, Dino (Athan's bro)?

Reactions: RUPete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT