ADVERTISEMENT

Why Ryan Pisarri is more than a Rutgers Athletics caretaker

When he saw Pisarri’s text, he also saw an opportunity of his own – and invited Pisarri to be a special guest at the collective’s Aug. 28 kickoff event. He did so with tempered expectations; Hobbs never went to a Knights of the Raritan event.

Within a day, Pisarri confirmed his attendance. He also participated in Zoom meetings with both Newman and, later, the collective’s entire executive committee to hear out their strategy for the 2024-25 school year

There are a lot of things Pat did extremely well, and we owe a lot to what Pat has done, but my experience with Pat was NIL was not one of the things he wanted to deal with, nor wanted to take the lead on, and we’ve been dealing with that for the last three years,” Newman said. “At least in the first two weeks of Ryan being in the chair, it has been a 180-degree change with his approach to working with us.”

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

NIL is just part of running a B1G athletic department.

A necessary evil in today’s environment that can’t be taken lightly but shouldn’t be the driving force.

NIL is just part of running a B1G athletic department.

A necessary evil in today’s environment that can’t be taken lightly but shouldn’t be the driving force.
How about these:
--Some key folks are openly in Pisarri’s corner. Men’s basketball coach Steve Pikiell

Among Rutgers coaches, Pikiell has company in this thinking. "I love him,” wrestling coach Scott Goodale said.

He's climbed the administrative ranks at Rutgers over 13 years and knows every inch of the place.

he executed a lot of the essential nuts and bolts behind the scenes in Rutgers Athletics’ build-up under Hobbs, and whereas Hobbs rubbed some folks the wrong way, Pisarri’s people skills have impressed just about everyone he’s come across on the banks.

Gibbs called Pisarri “a natural leader” and said that view is shared throughout North Jersey’s football community.

In sum:
Basketball coach is on board.
Wrestling coach is on board.
He knows the ins and outs if Rutgers, and he has people skills, which was one of the prior guy's weak points.
He is respected in the North Jersey football community.

He and Greg are from the same town--I'm guessing Greg is on board.

How about these:
--Some key folks are openly in Pisarri’s corner. Men’s basketball coach Steve Pikiell

Among Rutgers coaches, Pikiell has company in this thinking. "I love him,” wrestling coach Scott Goodale said.

He's climbed the administrative ranks at Rutgers over 13 years and knows every inch of the place.

he executed a lot of the essential nuts and bolts behind the scenes in Rutgers Athletics’ build-up under Hobbs, and whereas Hobbs rubbed some folks the wrong way, Pisarri’s people skills have impressed just about everyone he’s come across on the banks.

Gibbs called Pisarri “a natural leader” and said that view is shared throughout North Jersey’s football community.

In sum:
Basketball coach is on board.
Wrestling coach is on board.
He knows the ins and outs if Rutgers, and he has people skills, which was one of the prior guy's weak points.
He is respected in the North Jersey football community.

He and Greg are from the same town--I'm guessing Greg is on board.
But what are his thoughts on hockey? 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Can you enlighten me on hockey? I though there was no hockey team, but I have seen Rutgers hockey on X. Is the team new, or am I hockey oblivious?
Club team.

Been around for ages.

Sometimes there’s enough for two teams, one at the D1 level (for club) and another at D2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT