ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling VIDEO: Rutgers Wrestling HC Scott Goodale previews 2023-24 season

Coaches words are very upbeat as usual. I like the depth of the team from top to bottom. Let's keep our fingers crossed Joey gets the RS year. Nice to hear Turley is firing on all cylinders before the season begins. And very interesting Goody big time side stepped Poz/MSU/injury question yet once again. I'm looking forward to Nov. 19th and seeing our guys on the mat at The RAC!!

Sounds like our best team ever. All guys ranked. wng says reasonable expectations are 5 to 6 all americans. Coach really believes in this team. Great off- season. No reason we can't be a top 10 team at national tournament. We have the kids that can produce. Don't understand why ticket sales are slow.

Reactions: njsportsphan
why would the coach answer an injury question from long ago, move forward and move on. Let it go. What is the line up? Peterson, Dylan, Moore, ?, Clark, ?, Soldano, Paz, ? and the HW transfer? What weight is Turley?

why would the coach answer an injury question from long ago, move forward and move on. Let it go. What is the line up? Peterson, Dylan, Moore, ?, Clark, ?, Soldano, Paz, ? and the HW transfer? What weight is Turley?
Peterson
Shawver
Moore
Butler
Clark
White
Turley
Soldano
Poz
Yarislau

Because there were questions back then not answered and his injury was debated on this forum . Does it matter now? Probably not but people are still curious as to what happened and if he is past whatever happened.

Sounds like our best team ever. All guys ranked. wng says reasonable expectations are 5 to 6 all americans. Coach really believes in this team. Great off- season. No reason we can't be a top 10 team at national tournament. We have the kids that can produce. Don't understand why ticket sales are slow.
Were a better dual team than tournament team. No one on this team is winning a national title this year unless there’s multiple crazy upsets along the way so we already start in like 6th place right off the bat. We will probably finish the tournament scoring around 15th but it’s possible we’re one of a select few teams with 10 NQs, though I think it’s more realistic that we get 8 or 9

In a dual meet we can hang with anybody outside of Penn St and Iowa.

Because there were questions back then not answered and his injury was debated on this forum . Does it matter now? Probably not but people are still curious as to what happened and if he is past whatever happened.
My guess is there was a personal matter that he doesn’t want to publicize. Don’t want to speculate but generally speaking 18 year old kids away from home for the first time can experience mental health problems. Never going to know unless Poz comes out and talks about it on his own accord.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Peteras9144, thank you. You guys short of answered my question on Poz, just because the fans are curious what happened the coach doesn't need to fill us in on an injury or a personal matter. Just hope that Poz can have a great year, 197 seems like a huge jump.

Reactions: Peteras9144
I feel like I don’t know all 5 names he references. I’m not sure which list he uses for rankings. But 2 in the top 4 of their weight? I imagine Harer is one. Who is other? Are either Nini or Blanchette top 4 at their weight? That’s 3 in total I can think of, so two I must be missing.

I feel like I don’t know all 5 names he references. I’m not sure which list he uses for rankings. But 2 in the top 4 of their weight? I imagine Harer is one. Who is other? Are either Nini or Blanchette top 4 at their weight? That’s 3 in total I can think of, so two I must be missing.
I’m assuming you are talking about recent class recruits… Harer/Blanchette was ranked top 4 in weight class depending on poll.. Nini and Barbosa are ranked within top 20 of their weights.. not sure if Ryan Ford is too, he’d be the fifth I’m assuming..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT