ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m never going to transfer” “I am never going to enter the portal.”

Look, he's a kid. Give him a break.
I agree

I can understand why Gavin is feeling uncertain about his role on our team next year. Because let’s face it, his role on the team next year would have been very uncertain.

I wish he had stayed for next year at least and tried to tighten up his shortcomings. He was making progress there and I still think he has a chance to be a very good college player. But I can also understand how he feels knowing that we are currently recruiting other players at his position(s) in the portal.

I agree

I can understand why Gavin is feeling uncertain about his role on our team next year. Because let’s face it, his role on the team next year would have been very uncertain.

I wish he had stayed for next year at least and tried to tighten up his shortcomings. He was making progress there and I still think he has a chance to be a very good college player. But I can also understand how he feels knowing that we are currently recruiting other players at his position(s) in the portal.
There is competition on every team…he cannot avoid it via transfer. Every team is recruiting other players, constantly. If he doesn’t want to compete we are better off without him.

I feel bad that Gavin has gone into the portal. I think he would have had a much better season in 24-25 but we will never find that out. It is his life and his decision and I respect him for that. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward but I know it is very disappointing to me and I am concerned about the future of college basketball. I feel NIL must be changed by the NCAA. There is absolutely no loyalty anymore to most teams because of the money grabbing by so many players. So much for being a student athlete anymore. A college education means a lot and it appears that an athletic scholarship does mean anything anymore to most athletes. It is not the world I was born into.

I look forward to this dishonorable man lighting it up and whatever small conference he can get playing time in.

When I was 19 years old I was carrying a rifle and was expected to kill or be killed. Griffiths doesn't deserve a break. He's just another spoiled rotten guy who doesn't care about anyone but himself. He won't be missed.
Do you feel like same way about Jeremiah Williams, hyatt, and palmquist? All these guys transferred in at one point or another.

Being accountable for your performance and words are now meaningless to millions.
and let’s face it, he probably would have bolted after next season regardless. Time to root for the school name at a given time and not the particular players.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I look forward to this dishonorable man lighting it up and whatever small conference he can get playing time in.
Griffiths isn't going to a small conference team.A Big East team likely destination.

With the players getting paid via NIL and the now legal brown bag, there us no reason to take it easy in them treat them like pro's.

Reactions: RU-AGK
He’s such a phony.
Pike gave him every chance to succeed.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out and apologize for your stupid Mags response.

I don’t understand what this kid is looking for, hopefully he finds it out there somewhere. He never struck me as the sharpest tool in the shed, I don’t think this is a very smart move. I don’t see him being able to go to another high major school and walk in and be a starter, maybe if he goes to the worst of the worst like DePaul. It feels like any good, high major program that would take him that they would use him as a shooter off the bench, like RU would have done, possibly play him less than Pike would have. I don’t get it, does he think he’s transferring to UCONN and having a significant role? He ain’t no Cam Spencer. He’ll have a much smaller role with them than RU. My guess is when we hear “it’s not about the money, it’s about his role” that it’s not accurate, it’s always about the money on some level. Remember hearing that about Paul last year, did Paul go to Washington for free? I don’t think so. Gavin’s transfer is likely about his role and maybe he’s being told he can get more money. I think he’s making a mistake as next year might have been the year to prove his worth (almost like a contract year) then hit the portal next year. We’ll see what happens but this kid may fade off into basketball oblivion based upon where he goes next year, who knows maybe he turns into a stud but I think he just passed up a huge opportunity to grow his future portal stock next season with a lot of eyes on RU games, then he could hit the portal after having a strong Sophomore season. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
Do you feel like same way about Jeremiah Williams, hyatt, and palmquist? All these guys transferred in at one point or another.
Palmquist came as a freshman, Williams came because of injuries and legal issues and Hyatt should have stayed at LSU.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
He could have avoided all this nonsense if he just didn't make that stupid statement. If he had just kept his mouth shut and transferred, most people wouldn't be nearly this mad.

It seems like every day I care less and less about college basketball. These first four days of the tournament I use to be glued to the set for every game. Now I'll just check the scores occasionally. I've already begun to virtually ignore the NBA. I use to be a die hard Nets fan when they were in Jersey now I couldn't name three guys on the team.
You can tell me that the world has changed and I know that. Doesn't mean that I have to like it or get on board with it. Everyone can tell me how popular these sports are but I sometimes wonder how many of these "fans" are watching because they have money on the game.

I mean, yeah. I’m not gonna hold it against him for life. But it’s still a shitty thing to do and makes him look bad.

Plenty of divorce in this world. Most of em meant it at the time when they aaid “til death do us part”. Situations change.

He was behind both Derek and J Mike on the depth chart most of this year. One of those 2 was pushed out. He came in with a much higher ranking than JMike. Not recruiting a shooter on the portal wasn’t going to be an option following this past season.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT