ADVERTISEMENT

#17 Women's Basketball Program of All Time

Whose opinion? Because it looks fairly good.
Big Game Boomer on Twitter. He’s a known troll who makes these “top X lists” such as “Best and Worst 50 student sections this weekend” and “Best Pizza place in every college town” but for example for Alabama he’ll write “Chuck E Cheese”, Piscataway he’ll do Pizza Hut or something to purposely rise provoke people. This list seems decent though so I don’t know

Big Game Boomer on Twitter. He’s a known troll who makes these “top X lists” such as “Best and Worst 50 student sections this weekend” and “Best Pizza place in every college town” but for example for Alabama he’ll write “Chuck E Cheese”, Piscataway he’ll do Pizza Hut or something to purposely rise provoke people. This list seems decent though so I don’t know
Never thought he was a troll. Most of his stuff seems on.

Surprising to see LaTech still so high. They were a power early on in the sport but lately not so much.
Anyone know which school is #21? I can't recognize the mascot.

Surprising to see LaTech still so high. They were a power early on in the sport but lately not so much.
Anyone know which school is #21? I can't recognize the mascot.
It is "of all time". Their time if long gone. So is ODU's. Ditto, Southern Cal. A lot of the schools are on there for their over-all contribution to the game.

La Tech was one of the formative powers of the game. I might not rank every team exactly the same, but I think over-all it is a good representation of women's basketball "greatest programs of all time".

Reactions: ecojew
Grentz and Stringer
That says a lot right there - RU has had amazing stability in coaching for the women's team. That is so important to building a solid program. That is also certainly true for several of the other schools on the list, particularly the top 3.

Reactions: RUnTeX and MADHAT1
That says a lot right there - RU has had amazing stability in coaching for the women's team. That is so important to building a solid program. That is also certainly true for several of the other schools on the list, particularly the top 3.
Many of the schools are the product of one extraordinary coach. Many of those coaches are no longer there, and that would make a chart of the schools "today" different, of course. Some appear to be well positioned (Texas for example) to continue successfully under new coaches while others have, for one reason or another, faded.

The other schools that absolutely have had multiple successful head coaches include Maryland, Ohio State, Purdue, Duke, Iowa and LSU. Arguably NC State with Kay Yow and now Wes Moore.

Schools that have not "proven" things except under one coach include Texas Tech (Marsha Sharp) and Georgia really (Andy Landers). Some of the others might be identified by one great coach (Sylvia Hatchell for example) but seem to be possibly poised for a good future (in this case, Courtney Banghart).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT