ADVERTISEMENT

2016 lineup

Delveccio has better shot than Giraldo. Dels a hard worker who prob took advantage of red shirting & worked his ass off. I still cant beleive how bad AG looked.
Delveccio, Ash, Lewis & Gravina AA next year.

I can believe it..worked so hard making weight, his body had nothing left at match time

Wyoming Seminary Stud Nick Reenan just released from his letter of intent to Northwestern. Would love for Rutgers to make a play for this stud.
We already have a stud at this weight class in Kevin Mulligan. So you want to use a scholarship on Reenan? Just want to clarify. Thanks. $$$$

We already have a stud at this weight class in Kevin Mulligan. So you want to use a scholarship on Reenan? Just want to clarify. Thanks. $$$$
He is ranked at 195 but he weighs much less around 180. So although I don't think we have a shot at getting him yes you absolutely reach out to him. Like every other major program is.

What do elite recruits think of RU? I know in eastern pa and nj they are looked at as a place to become an AA. Just wondering what the national outlook is if anyone knows.

RUCreedo said the the PSU transfer would be on the Rutgers campus week after Nationals. Was just curious, who'd it end up being?
Didn't you hear we actually got a two for with Retherford and Nolf both deciding too continue their careers at RU. I'm surprised you didn't hear about it there's an 8 page thread on the psu wrestling board. You should go check it out.

Didn't you hear we actually got a two for with Retherford and Nolf both deciding too continue their careers at RU. I'm surprised you didn't hear about it there's an 8 page thread on the psu wrestling board. You should go check it out.
Hey smart ass,I'm only as good as the messenger that told me.If the kid shows up tomorrow,next week, 3 months,or not at all,what does it matter? If someone tells me something that is beneficial too the program I will share it.Couldn't you come up with something a little bit better than that excerpt?

Hey smart ass,I'm only as good as the messenger that told me.If the kid shows up tomorrow,next week, 3 months,or not at all,what does it matter? If someone tells me something that is beneficial too the program I will share it.Couldn't you come up with something a little bit better than that excerpt?

RELAX! my sarcasm was not directed at you. I meant no mal intent towards you. I think your information is quite informative. It was directed at the psu fan. I despise them no matter if they say they come with no ill intent. Their smugness always comes through as their posts eventually reek of demeaning inferences.:victory:

Any new updates Creed? #Forthefans

RELAX! my sarcasm was not directed at you. I meant no mal intent towards you. I think your information is quite informative. It was directed at the psu fan. I despise them no matter if they say they come with no ill intent. Their smugness always comes through as their posts eventually reek of demeaning inferences.:victory:
My apologies.You never know what people are really saying in their posts.I spoke too my contact,and apparently he said it will be very soon.I know people want dates,times,minutes,seconds,and miliseconds,but all I can say is that this young man is very impressed with our program and thinks Cael is a not for him

Reactions: koleszar
Rutgers is the most logical choice for your boy. And I should get a modicum of credit for correctly figuring out whom it was. If he comes to Rutgers, he will start Day 1.

RUCreedo. It may be best that you stop spreading rumors from "friends" and sources who have had a few drinks. Earlier you spoke about a rumor that Goodale may move to an administrative role in the athletic department. Seems strange as Hobbs was recently hired and did not know Goodale prior to being hired. Then you say a "friend" had told you about a Penn State transfer. So far no one else has verified this rumor including the in the know Penn State folks. Let's have two independent sources. Then you called out Josh a big supporter of the program and not a Johnny come lately. It seems that you enjoy the attention. You have good wrestling insights which add value. Speculation helps no one. Not the coaches, not the wrestlers, not the transfer if he comes to RU. Let's wait to see what happens.

Reactions: jerzey devil
RUCreedo. It may be best that you stop spreading rumors from "friends" and sources who have had a few drinks. Earlier you spoke about a rumor that Goodale may move to an administrative role in the athletic department. Seems strange as Hobbs was recently hired and did not know Goodale prior to being hired. Then you say a "friend" had told you about a Penn State transfer. So far no one else has verified this rumor including the in the know Penn State folks. Let's have two independent sources. Then you called out Josh a big supporter of the program and not a Johnny come lately. It seems that you enjoy the attention. You have good wrestling insights which add value. Speculation helps no one. Not the coaches, not the wrestlers, not the transfer if he comes to RU. Let's wait to see what happens.
These aren't rumors my friend.These are very valued members of the wrestling community that have insight.As far as the Goodale's adminstrative position,I never once said that was a definite.I simply asked wng if there was any validity too the rumor.There was talk of this before Julie Hermann was even hired.So how does Pat Hobbs play into this?I wouldn't think anyone has verified this potential transfer rumor,seeing it he hasn't told any of the Penn State faithful yet.I called out Josh not for his support of the program,but the fact that he claimed he was a former Rutgers wrestler.On several occasions he has maintained this stance,in opposition of my wrestling days,or lack of as he claimed.I simply provided a crib list of wrestlers from the very inception of the program,to the 2015 year.His name wasn't on there.That tells me at best, he may have been a backup( which he wasn't and none of my former RU Wrestling alum ever heard of the guy, other than the SKWC,which I commend his efforts).The only attention I enjoy my friend,is my family when I get home and my kids come running up too me.Not some random person who tries too discredit my years of dedication to RU as a wrestler.I have great insight,because I was a NJ great at one time.Not the best,but pretty darn good.Speculation is what these boards are for.If trusted friends of mine ( who happen to be some of the finest wrestlers this state has seen,and not "simple ole drinking buddies") have some "juicy" info that will benefit the program,I will share it.There is nothing wrong with that,whether it's fact of fiction.Is everyone in an uproar,because ole "Mr. Personality" Cael Sanderson got wind of the thread I created? Well,tough shit for him.Maybe his Penn State faithful are mocking this on other boards,because they are concerned.If a person is sure of themselves,there is no need too put insult too injury out there. Cooperman left..I called it first.Camp was coming too Rutgers..I called it first.In those excerpts,I was greatly criticized.So,before you jump down my throat,or call me out on this,lets see what unfolds the next couple of weeks.You never know with kids.They are always changing their minds,and he may very well be here soon,or not at all.Time will tell

Last edited:
Cooperman left..I called it first.Camp was coming too Rutgers..I called it first

RUCreedo - I respect your knowledge and accomplishments. We disagree on providing information that is not verified. I believe it can hurt the program and wrestlers.

Did you previously post under a different name? If yes, what was it ? You said you were the first to call Coop leaving and Camp coming to Rutgers. It seems that you joined the forum on 12/31/2015. Both of these events occurred before January 2015. Is the date you joined wrong and a mistake by rivals ?

Racpack,not giving out names of my contacts,because I respect their privacy,does not discredit the RU program or the wrestlers.My contacts remaining anonymous,also does not give or take away any validity too my prior posts about this potential transfer.

Let me clear things up.I posted on the wrestlingtalk.com about Cam and Coop.The logistics of when I signed up for Rivals.com is accurate.I have a question for you.Are you one of the coaches,or at the very least someone close too them? Your prior post seem to indicate that you have some sort of personal or vested interest in the program.You are simply not "just a fan".

These aren't rumors my friend.These are very valued members of the wrestling community that have insight.As far as the Goodale's adminstrative position,I never once said that was a definite.I simply asked wng if there was any validity too the rumor.There was talk of this before Julie Hermann was even hired.So how does Pat Hobbs play into this?I wouldn't think anyone has verified this potential transfer rumor,seeing it he hasn't told any of the Penn State faithful yet.I called out Josh not for his support of the program,but the fact that he claimed he was a former Rutgers wrestler.On several occasions he has maintained this stance,in opposition of my wrestling days,or lack of as he claimed.I simply provided a crib list of wrestlers from the very inception of the program,to the 2015 year.His name wasn't on there.That tells me at best, he may have been a backup( which he wasn't and none of my former RU Wrestling alum ever heard of the guy, other than the SKWC,which I commend his efforts).The only attention I enjoy my friend,is my family when I get home and my kids come running up too me.Not some random person who tries too discredit my years of dedication to RU as a wrestler.I have great insight,because I was a NJ great at one time.Not the best,but pretty darn good.Speculation is what these boards are for.If trusted friends of mine ( who happen to be some of the finest wrestlers this state has seen,and not "simple ole drinking buddies") have some "juicy" info that will benefit the program,I will share it.There is nothing wrong with that,whether it's fact of fiction.Is everyone in an uproar,because ole "Mr. Personality" Cael Sanderson got wind of the thread I created? Well,tough shit for him.Maybe his Penn State faithful are mocking this on other boards,because they are concerned.If a person is sure of themselves,there is no need too put insult too injury out there. Cooperman left..I called it first.Camp was coming too Rutgers..I called it first.In those excerpts,I was greatly criticized.So,before you jump down my throat,or call me out on this,lets see what unfolds the next couple of weeks.You never know with kids.They are always changing their minds,and he may very well be here soon,or not at all.Time will tell

So now you are saying that you're not 100% certain that this is going to happen? Which in that case makes what you have heard nothing but a RUMOR.... Now i'm not trying to discredit you or your sources in any way.. But you were pretty adamant about this being a done deal a couple weeks ago...

Any chance Goodale can do some work on repairing or creating a better relationship with Brandon Slay.

That Dude is carrying some major weight, especially in the recruiting world of Elite Blue Chippers. I know for a fact that he was the guy that steered Earl Hall away from Rutgers.

Mark Hall says that he's put his career in the hands of Slay. We need Slay to be a friend of our program. Slay is the Godfather, and we need him on our side.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/942431-mark-hall-on-pwc-psu-and-his-freestyle-goals

So now you are saying that you're not 100% certain that this is going to happen? Which in that case makes what you have heard nothing but a RUMOR.... Now i'm not trying to discredit you or your sources in any way.. But you were pretty adamant about this being a done deal a couple weeks ago...
jd..I'm only as good as the messenger that said it.Apparently this young man thinks our program is the second coming.Campolattano also said he wanted too be an NCAA champ and Coop put a video out with Goodale and Leo a couple of years ago,professing his eternal loyalty too the program and 2 months later he was "Adios Amigos".Nothing is 100%,accept for death and taxes.Is this kid set on us? If my sources serve me right,it's a done deal.If this kid has other thoughts,then I don;t know what too tell you.Would it even matter,if we got another mid weight good wrestler? We have plenty of options and for the first time,we don;t have too be reliant on that fact.

jd..I'm only as good as the messenger that said it.Apparently this young man thinks our program is the second coming.Campolattano also said he wanted too be an NCAA champ and Coop put a video out with Goodale and Leo a couple of years ago,professing his eternal loyalty too the program and 2 months later he was "Adios Amigos".Nothing is 100%,accept for death and taxes.Is this kid set on us? If my sources serve me right,it's a done deal.If this kid has other thoughts,then I don;t know what too tell you.Would it even matter,if we got another mid weight good wrestler? We have plenty of options and for the first time,we don;t have too be reliant on that fact.

Which is exactly my point... You may have a great source who is pretty reliable... But unless you can actually verify the info... You're only posting a rumor on here...I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just pointing out that something like this in the future you may want to hold onto a lil longer...Because if this does fall through, its only going to lead to a lot of frustration for you and other people on this board..

Any chance Goodale can do some work on repairing or creating a better relationship with Brandon Slay.

That Dude is carrying some major weight, especially in the recruiting world of Elite Blue Chippers. I know for a fact that he was the guy that steered Earl Hall away from Rutgers.

Mark Hall says that he's put his career in the hands of Slay. We need Slay to be a friend of our program. Slay is the Godfather, and we need him on our side.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/942431-mark-hall-on-pwc-psu-and-his-freestyle-goals
What Brandon Slay did if it is a fact was completely irreprehensible. It's been an unwritten rule for decades if a team sends a kid to USA wrestling for training they are in no way, shape or form supposed to encourage a kid to another school. In fact they are supposed to reaffirm that commitment to that school. If this is truly what he did he needs to remove himself from USA wrestling. The intent of USA wrestling is to train kids for future Worlds and Olympics not become a recruiting ground for schools the coaches favor. It's ultimately the kids decision but if true, what a shameful act by Brandon Slay. Slay should be the one mending fences with us not the other way around.

What Brandon Slay did if it is a fact was completely irreprehensible. It's been an unwritten rule for decades if a team sends a kid to USA wrestling for training they are in no way, shape or form supposed to encourage a kid to another school. In fact they are supposed to reaffirm that commitment to that school. If this is truly what he did he needs to remove himself from USA wrestling. The intent of USA wrestling is to train kids for future Worlds and Olympics not become a recruiting ground for schools the coaches favor. It's ultimately the kids decision but if true, what a shameful act by Brandon Slay. Slay should be the one mending fences with us not the other way around.

Not saying I disagree. However, Slay is someone we need on our side.

Reactions: koleszar
Kid RU should keep an eye on is Brian Courtney from pA. Saw him win Flo nationals this weekend, kid is good 120 lb junior. NJ kids that did well were Pena from Nutley (142) and Santos from St Peters (137)
Maybe Courtney doesnt get a spot at PSU with Suriano and the other PA stud

What was that situation with Slay anyway? Was it Earl Hall from Iowa State? Slay is an idiot anyway.No loyalty to anyone.Great wrestler,but buddies of mine who knew him at Penn said he was an asshole and half.We have great,standup coach in Donnie Pritzlaff.We don't need anyone else dipping into the cookie jar.

What was that situation with Slay anyway? Was it Earl Hall from Iowa State? Slay is an idiot anyway.No loyalty to anyone.Great wrestler,but buddies of mine who knew him at Penn said he was an asshole and half.We have great,standup coach in Donnie Pritzlaff.We don't need anyone else dipping into the cookie jar.
Well if El Imperio's facts are correct he was the driving force behind Earl Hall decommitting from RU. A huge no-no in USA wrestling coaching circles. Could you imagine if this became a consistent theme. All college coaches would forbid their wrestlers from ever going. Thus why USA wrestling coaches have kept an unwritten rule that they would never sway a kid to another school. Rather they try and encourage kids to stick with their commitment. They also try to limit outside contact from college coaches. This way college coaches will continue too send them.

Last edited:
Kid RU should keep an eye on is Brian Courtney from pA. Saw him win Flo nationals this weekend, kid is good 120 lb junior. NJ kids that did well were Pena from Nutley (142) and Santos from St Peters (137)
Maybe Courtney doesnt get a spot at PSU with Suriano and the other PA stud
PSU fans I talked to at NCAA's said Courtney is almost certain to go to Cornell.

PSU fans I talked to at NCAA's said Courtney is almost certain to go to Cornell.
Damn. Kids got a motor. He beat a state champ to win flo nats on Sunday. And had beat 3 defending state champs to win pa states few weeks ago

I believe that may have been a big reason that SG wouldn't release Hall from his scholly for a year

Yeah,Courtney is done deal for Cornell.Kid is a beast,Mr. Smug Face, Rob Koll will get his money out of him.I always loved when Dave Shultz packed Rob Koll in like 40 seconds.The only other wrestler,besides Koll,that I would want too see slip on a banana peel,is Jack Cuvo.Funny story.I was with the team at the East Strousburg Tournament and Cuvo was standing next too me in McDonalds.He kept taking everyones food and hiding it.Fast forward.This kid Thiery Chaney,who wrestled and was ranked for the now defunct William and Mary program was really pissed that someone took his food.He found out it was Cuvo and wung his egg and cheese biscuit at Cuvo,just grazing his head.It got tense,but Gary Kessel( Cuvo;s coach at the time) quelled the fire.The funny thing was Cuvo was sitting back down,nobody told him he had pieces of biscuit still in that yellow-orangey mess of a hairdo of his.You should of heard his teammate Annibal Nieves laughing the whole time and Cuvo with that 5th grader voice of his going "whats wrong,whats wrong??"

Yeah,Courtney is done deal for Cornell.Kid is a beast,Mr. Smug Face, Rob Koll will get his money out of him.I always loved when Dave Shultz packed Rob Koll in like 40 seconds.The only other wrestler,besides Koll,that I would want too see slip on a banana peel,is Jack Cuvo.Funny story.I was with the team at the East Strousburg Tournament and Cuvo was standing next too me in McDonalds.He kept taking everyones food and hiding it.Fast forward.This kid Thiery Chaney,who wrestled and was ranked for the now defunct William and Mary program was really pissed that someone took his food.He found out it was Cuvo and wung his egg and cheese biscuit at Cuvo,just grazing his head.It got tense,but Gary Kessel( Cuvo;s coach at the time) quelled the fire.The funny thing was Cuvo was sitting back down,nobody told him he had pieces of biscuit still in that yellow-orangey mess of a hairdo of his.You should of heard his teammate Annibal Nieves laughing the whole time and Cuvo with that 5th grader voice of his going "whats wrong,whats wrong??"
Not what you are talking about, but there is some nasty stuff in these videos.

Schultz vs. Koll at Olympic Trials (the move at the end)

Schultz vs. Koll at Olympic Trials - Match II
(the throw at the 4:00 mark)

Last edited:
Reactions: DUForever
RUCreedo - I am a guy who likes RU sports and loves wrestling in general. I just don't enjoy when other people are bashed or unconfirmed rumors are spread. I believe that if one has nothing good to say than say nothing. Most of your posts are quite informative. You really know wrestling. Just don't appreciate negative comments against Gonzalez, Koll, Slay, Cuvo, Sanderson, and even Josh. When you post positive stuff and general wrestling info it is great to read.

Reactions: gogs7
RUCreedo - I am a guy who likes RU sports and loves wrestling in general. I just don't enjoy when other people are bashed or unconfirmed rumors are spread. I believe that if one has nothing good to say than say nothing. Most of your posts are quite informative. You really know wrestling. Just don't appreciate negative comments against Gonzalez, Koll, Slay, Cuvo, Sanderson, and even Josh. When you post positive stuff and general wrestling info it is great to read.
You need too lighten up my man.You get so defensive and touchy over people who don't really affect your life or mine.Which tells me you are somewhat related too the coaching or have some direct involvement with the coaches.You're telling me what I voiced on here,is a false rumor? It can't be a rumor,unless the source it is spoken about denies it.Which is not the case here.I can't force this kid to be here tomorrow.He'll be here,don;t you worry.Second, the Pete Gonzalez comment was a gift.There are so many infractions that guy has done,that is also public knowledge.Google his name,if you don;t believe me. Cuvo,the same.I don't think what I wrote about Cuvo was inappropriate.He was messin with other people and got a McDonalds biscuit whipped at his head,and part of it stayed there. That's funny,not insulting.Slay,you got too be kidding me,right? The guy took a kid ( who was a 2 time AA at Iowa State) and deliberately swayed him in another direction( specifically another university) and caused RU and the RU Wrestling staff,time money and legalities.Are you kinda with me here? Sanderson and Koll..you want me too say I'm sorry..ok,I'm sorry.I still have my opinions about them,and when you realize guys like them will do everything in their power too keep us down in the recruiting process,you'll be better off.Josh,look the guy says he wrestled for RU,there are no records of him there,nobody I know affiliated too the program ever heard of him.I only called him out, because he said I never wrestled for RU,and when in fact he probably didn't.What he does with the SKWC is incredible.That was not the reason I had a disagreement with him.Look,I don't need too explain myself.My opinions,sources,and leads are spot on.This Penn State transfer may take some time.I got ridiculed the same way, when I said Camp was coming here..and how did that turn out? Ok,thats what I thought.I also said Coop was leaving,and Goodale,Leo and he, had too do this 5-10 minute long "Cooperman dedicated coach of the year bullshit" excerpt...and where was Coop 2 months later? Gone! So,put some trust and faith in my blogs and if this transfer doesn't work out,I'll humbly accept the backlash.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT