ADVERTISEMENT

2016 lineup

Maybe he's trolling, or maybe this was like Earl Hall. Where a kid wanted to come to Rutgers, but people talked him out of it.

Just saying, Rutgers has friends, but we also have Rivals and Enemies.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if we could start recruiting out of PA.

Hard to imagine how we're supposed to win with only one PA kid on the roster.

But if the supposed shit liner got talked out of it..then culpability can be placed on Creedo for making it public before it was a done deal...

If he means well then why did he troll us?
His only problem was he stated it as fact. If he did hear something,and I'm not even gonna dispute that he did, but he should have called it as a possibility instead of a guarantee. There are insiders on every board... he still could be one of those people but maybe he just needs to be more careful in the future. Nothing's gospel until it's gospel...

Reactions: jerzey devil
I've followed this and there are some insiders on this board already. There was a huge red flag that kept popping up and people understandably wanted to ignore it. One insider kept saying the coaching staff had not been contacted; anyone who knows anything about transfer rules knows you just don't say hello I'm here to wrestle for you. Especially within conference. Could there have been rumors sure...but no one is transferring without the head coach knowing. It's laughable.

I've followed this and there are some insiders on this board already. There was a huge red flag that kept popping up and people understandably wanted to ignore it. One insider kept saying the coaching staff had not been contacted; anyone who knows anything about transfer rules knows you just don't say hello I'm here to wrestle for you. Especially within conference. Could there have been rumors sure...but no one is transferring without the head coach knowing. It's laughable.
This was a huge red flag. I just kept wanting to believe sigh.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Very true but they also could just be keeping a quiet as possible if it was as big as he said. Oh well. Very surprised he still was slinging the BS when he said Friday was the day. Like mater of fact.

Very true but they also could just be keeping a quiet as possible if it was as big as he said. Oh well. Very surprised he still was slinging the BS when he said Friday was the day. Like mater of fact.

I think what the above posters are saying is that there is no such thing as a quiet transfer. The school he is transferring from has to grant the transfer, it would have been known by the insiders of PSU wrestling. It is also usually announced by the school he's transferring from--it is not up to the kid or the school he's transferring into to keep it quiet. It could still happen but you'll all know about it before it actually happens because PSU will announce a transfer out.

Did PSU's incoming class sign their Grant In Aids. That would prevent them from signing with another school in the B10. Otherwise, an incoming frosh could jump ship to Rutgers.

Did PSU's incoming class sign their Grant In Aids. That would prevent them from signing with another school in the B10. Otherwise, an incoming frosh could jump ship to Rutgers.
You make a great point put still doesn't change the fact that Creedo made declarations as fact. A Manville could still decide on attending another school but according to Creedo, that should have happened already. It didn't. If it would indeed happen in the future, can't say Creedo was in the "know". Why is that you ask. Because what Creedo said was going to happen was suppose to go down yesterday. It didnt..

Maybe he's trolling, or maybe this was like Earl Hall. Where a kid wanted to come to Rutgers, but people talked him out of it.

Just saying, Rutgers has friends, but we also have Rivals and Enemies.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if we could start recruiting out of PA.

Hard to imagine how we're supposed to win with only one PA kid on the roster.
I am pretty sure when he initially stated his comment and hen restated he said this was a guarantee.....he shouldn't have said that. Instead he should have used the word possibility.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
First, RUCreepo is not Van Ness. Rodney is highly cognizant of too vs to vs two. He knows punctuation, grammar and cares about RU. Rodney is a good man who comes to matches regularly.
RUCreepo is a fraud and phony. I doubt all credentials and other details posted so I will stay away from name he is clearly pretending to be. What else has been real about him? Regardless, RUCreepo is not pro-RU. Spreading rumors and names prematurely, even if he believes they are true, hurt Rutgers. If real, keep quiet until names are inked and contracts done. If Creepo is spreading names or details he knows to be fake, that is not fair to the names and the innocent. They will hold it against us and so will their friends. So how is that pro-RU? I repeat, he is a fraud and phony.

First, RUCreepo is not Van Ness. Rodney is highly cognizant of too vs to vs two. He knows punctuation, grammar and cares about RU. Rodney is a good man who comes to matches regularly.
RUCreepo is a fraud and phony. I doubt all credentials and other details posted so I will stay away from name he is clearly pretending to be. What else has been real about him? Regardless, RUCreepo is not pro-RU. Spreading rumors and names prematurely, even if he believes they are true, hurt Rutgers. If real, keep quiet until names are inked and contracts done. If Creepo is spreading names or details he knows to be fake, that is not fair to the names and the innocent. They will hold it against us and so will their friends. So how is that pro-RU? I repeat, he is a fraud and phony.

Maybe, he's bi-polar!! It sometimes seemed like more than one poster at times...

And I deleted his recruiting threads multiple times. I can't moderate this place as easily if half the posters want to give in to his rumor mongering and take over other threads. I'm thankful for the posters that truly care about RU and it's sports here instead of just themselves.

It will not be difficult to spot RUPretender going forward. His unique destruction of the language makes it easy. In a way I'm relieved to think that a person who posts such poorly written ego driven drivel is not a Rutgers wrestler, graduate, or even has the cash to buy a ticket. By the way, the word is "Credo", not "Creedo". No need to throw out a gratuitous insult as he has handled that better than any of us could ever do. Too many good things going on with Rutgers wrestling to waste time on this type of nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU and josh1728
I By the way, the word is "Credo", not "Creedo". No need to throw out a gratuitous insult as he has handled that better than any of us could ever do. Too many good things going on with Rutgers wrestling to waste time on this type of nonsense.

Actually, I believe "Creedo" was probably intentional:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=creedo

The intended Rick Roll video probably never got posted as some posters beat him to the punch. BTW, apologies in advance for the non-PC stuff on the Urban Dictionary.

Reactions: DUForever
Yes. I believe he signed last night. Wants to wrestle 149 and will redshirt next year with I think 1 to go?

From Pt Pleasant Beach Twitter.

Thrilled that @johnfinn101 will continue his wrestling and academic career in RED! #RU #Big10 @RUWrestling

Eleazar Deluca

149? So redshirts next year, and then what? He's not beating out either Giraldo or Dip at 149? More likely, he wrestles at 157lb like he did this year. This move tells me that Lewis will not redshirt next year, and Deluca taking over that 157lb after Lewis graduates.

TheShoreConference.com Wrestler of the Year
(Sr) John Finnerty - 145
Record: 35-6 - Team Leader in Wins
#1 in Shore Conference
Set School Record for Career Wins
6th Place New Jersey
Region 6 Champion
2nd Place District 23
Secaucus Tournament Champion
3rd Place TCNJ Pride

TheShoreConference.com Wrestler of the Year
(Sr) John Finnerty - 145
Record: 35-6 - Team Leader in Wins
#1 in Shore Conference
Set School Record for Career Wins
6th Place New Jersey
Region 6 Champion
2nd Place District 23
Secaucus Tournament Champion
3rd Place TCNJ Pride

Someone should tell him to delete the picture of him drinking a beer on his Twitter. Yes I was drinking my senior year of HS, but we didn't have Twitter and I was not trying to wrestle in college.

Does he have any other accomplishments other then 6th in States? Has he improved that much where he is expected to be a starter?

Why would you expect him to be a starter? Close to 40 kids on the roster, only 10 starters, most wont start.
Because people saying he could take over 57 after Lewis graduates and because that he is coming now that changes Lewis to possibly not use his RS.

Because people saying he is could take over 57 after Lewis graduates and because he is coming now that changes Lewis to possibly not use his RS.
Two different guys, one is a transfer from Northern Colorado and was a starter there. The one who was 6th in state is an incoming freshman from Pt. Pleasant Beach.

Reactions: KidDagger
The B10 is no joke. Unless you're ranked in the Top 20 at your projected weight, what's the point of coming to Rutgers. I don't see how either of these kids will help this program.

Obviously you keep an open door policy, but moving forward, we need Top 20 kids at every weight.

The B10 is no joke. Unless you're ranked in the Top 20 at your projected weight, what's the point of coming to Rutgers. I don't see how either of these kids will help this program.

Obviously you keep an open door policy, but moving forward, we need Top 20 kids at every weight.

Deluca does have a win over a #20 kid in the country this past season, and many of his losses are very close. After redshirting, he'll only get better (all the wrestling against Lewis, Theo, and other RU kids day in and day out), and we don't have anyone after Lewis so it makes sense.

Deluca does have a win over a #20 kid in the country this past season, and many of his losses are very close. After redshirting, he'll only get better (all the wrestling against Lewis, Theo, and other RU kids day in and day out), and we don't have anyone after Lewis so it makes sense.

Are you paying attention to tOSU, Iowa, PSU and Michigan.

Those squads are bringing in the #1 kid at their prospective weight. And you want us to go outside of the Top 20 for their opponent.

Prior to the B10, a guy like Deluca would have been fine. Now a kid like that chums the water.

Are you paying attention to tOSU, Iowa, PSU and Michigan.

Those squads are bringing in the #1 kid at their prospective weight. And you want us to go outside of the Top 20 for their opponent.

Prior to the B10, a guy like Deluca would have been fine. Now a kid like that chums the water.

Relax man. #1 kids are not dime a dozen. And our wrestling team is the highest ranked sports team at RU, and how many #1 kids do we have on the roster? You think our coaches are not working hard? The addition of kid like Deluca is a plus with no one behind Lewis.

Deluca looks interesting. Why is he leaving the West and Troy Nickerson to come to Rutgers? $$$$

kids outside who were not ranked in the top 20 make all american every year. every school in the B1G has rosters with plenty of kids who were not top 20 in their weight. every kid in the room "helps" the program.

Reactions: burnsie1983
kids outside who were not ranked in the top 20 make all american every year. every school in the B1G has rosters with plenty of kids who were not top 20 in their weight. every kid in the room "helps" the program.

Martinez and Nolf will pin Deluca in the first period. Marinelli at Iowa will demolish him as well. In fact, he would only get majored by tOSU's Ryan. At some point you have to realistically assess the kids that you offer.

Why create an environment where you're applauding your kid for not getting majored, tech'd or pinned.

Meanwhile, Reenan signs with NC State.

Martinez and Nolf will pin Deluca in the first period. Marinelli at Iowa will demolish him as well. In fact, he would only get majored by tOSU's Ryan. At some point you have to realistically assess the kids that you offer.

Why create an environment where you're applauding your kid for not getting majored, tech'd or pinned.

Meanwhile, Reenan signs with NC State.
while also being exaggerated, none of that has anything to do with the fact that every room needs kids outside of the top 20 when they were recruits.

why do you keep posting on this board? you appear to know very little about sports and basically nothing about wrestling.

Are either of them receiving any scholarship money? I doubt Finnerty is receiving any.

If they are not taking scholarship money/spots from a top recruit, what is really the difference? If they can't handle the competition in the room, that will reveal itself rather quickly and your concerns will be moot.

Man, El Curioso...when you have a roster of 30-40 kids not all of them are going to be a Marinelli, Hall, Suriano, Ashnault etc. Those depth guys are crucial to the program. The young man you are talking about may not start right away, but who's to say where he'll be at in 3-4 years. He may be a valuable spot starter or may even win the spot outright. Either way, he's probably more accomplished than you or me (definitely me).

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT