ADVERTISEMENT

2023/24 Bowl Games - Big Ten Teams

Thanks. I guess so. But the Bronx is just no picnic. I’m old school, a bowl should be to good weather or an exciting city with a dome. Pinstripe seems like a punishment.

I know it’s played in the Bronx, but most events are held in nyc. To those of us not from here, it’s a great holiday destination

Reactions: Wagram97
ND to the Pinstripe Bowl doesn’t make sense. They are 9-3 and will get a much better bowl than that.
I agree except I believe that ND is contractually obligated to be part of the ACC bowl tie ins. So how many bowls are left. Pinstripe might be their only alternative

I agree except I believe that ND is contractually obligated to be part of the ACC bowl tie ins. So how many bowls are left. Pinstripe might be their only alternative

ACC owes ND nothing. Probably want to make their actual members happy before ND.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I believe the highest attendance for Pinstripe was RU- ND at 47k. Might this one break it?
47,122 Notre Dame 29 Rutgers 16 December 28, 2013
49,012 Penn State 31 Boston College 30 (3OT) December 27, 2014

All other Pinstripe Bowls were under 40,000.

Reactions: Wagram97
Vegas picked in front of Pinstripe. So ironically, it was Northwestern’s win over Illinois, not the RU loss to Maryland that kept RU out of Vegas

It does to ND. They don't have to share with anybody.
I am not saying you are wrong but if they are part of the ACC tie in package I find it hard to believe that the ACC just lets ND walk away with all the money from one of their bowl games.

Lo mein ? Egg rolls ? what are you talking about ?

Haha damn auto correct. Someone asked why pinstripe picks ahead of Vegas. It’s cause pinstripe is dishing out more money, hence the get to pick before them

I am not saying you are wrong but if they are part of the ACC tie in package I find it hard to believe that the ACC just lets ND walk away with all the money from one of their bowl thelll

I am not saying you are wrong but if they are part of the ACC tie in package I find it hard to believe that the ACC just lets ND walk away with all the money from one of their bowl games.
I think it was the same deal as when Notre Dame could steal a Big East bid. Only difference now is that they have to play 5 ACC games.

Haha damn auto correct. Someone asked why pinstripe picks ahead of Vegas. It’s cause pinstripe is dishing out more money, hence the get to pick before them
Oh, i thought you are at a Chinese restaurant and your phone ….

Rutgers was available? Kansas would have been a fun test.
Pinstripe selects before Guaranteed Rate. There was no chance that we were going to slide past the Pinstripe. That had been established for some time. The question was whether a bowl would pick us before the Pinstripe had the chance. Answer is no.

Reactions: MinaD20
B1G has to get better bowls.
Embarrassing for 2nd best league in country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT