ADVERTISEMENT

5-2?

I still think if we stay healthy Iowa is very beatable,
Take care of business next week.
I want at least 7 wins and The Vegas Bowl.

I know you cannot use the transitive property for football
but Michigan spanked Indiana 52-7 today.

This conference...ugh...are we really bringing in three teams currently in the top 10?
We get two of them next year, IIRC, but only play 1 of the 3 current Big Ten East top 10 teams.

Last edited:
Honestly, it's as good as we could have hoped for at this point.

A winnable trip to Bloomington next week and we potentially have a 6-2, bowl eligible team coming off a bye week when OSU comes to Piscataway on 11/4.

Interesting.
FWIW OSU with 2 toughies before 11/4. PSU then at Wisconsin.

Reactions: Doctor Worm

This conference...ugh...are we really bringing in three teams currently in the top 10?
We get two of them next year, IIRC, but only play 1 of the 3 current Big Ten East top 10 teams.
Iowa up 7-0 over Wisconsin so far. Still say Wisconsin was beatable.

Reactions: Armor and Sword
If RU had an above average offense they would be 6-1 right now and probably would have put a big scare into Meechigan. Right now the offense is average at best.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Love that Rutgers is 5-2. Need to play with a lot less penalties and turnovers. The first half was awful. The second half historic. Defense, special teams and Monangai were dynamite. The passing game is not improving.

Iowa is very beatable!

Reactions: Knight Shift
But their corn-fed, farmgirl sisters... different story.

Iowa dominated Wisconsin today. Yeah, Wiscy was playing their backup QB for most of the game, but it doesn't matter.
Iowa didn't dominate them. They had less yards. Wisconsin just turned the ball over 2x and that was the difference.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Let's pump the brakes on Iowa. This board was all over that we would beat Wisconsin. If Iowa was at home we might have a chance but the chances of it happening out there are not good.

That’s what I thought too. But…

- An 8-4 Minny went to the Pinstripe last year

- And we haven’t been to the Bronx yet as a B1G school

- Also the Pinstripe is higher in the pecking order of B1G bowls

It’s going to be tough to miss this one for 2023.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Let's pump the brakes on Iowa. This board was all over that we would beat Wisconsin. If Iowa was at home we might have a chance but the chances of it happening out there are not good.

Followed by a week of "Actually Wisconsin will win the West easily and be ranked by end of season. We never should have thought we could beat them."

• Haha
Rutgers did help Wisky beat RU last week.

And Illinois knocks off Maryland. So that’s not a definite L.
Today’s game was so critical to give us an opportunity for a successful season, help recruiting , increase the confidence of the team and give the fans an enjoyable evening and weekend.
Very proud of how the team kept chopping and not giving up and overcoming some questionable calls and self inflicted mistakes . What a wonderful fourth quarter. Kyle was magnificent and refused to let MSU touch the ball during the last 6 minutes of the game.

Reactions: Antnee79
But their corn-fed, farmgirl sisters... different story.

Iowa dominated Wisconsin today. Yeah, Wiscy was playing their backup QB for most of the game, but it doesn't matter.
Braelon Allen fumbled again. Had a family behind us at Camp Randall last week,and between the Mom and the little kids, they gushed "Braelon Allen!" about 100 times during the game. My head was ready to explode. Happy to see the install of Longo's offense going slowly for them.

Rutgers did help Wisky beat RU last week.

Doesn't matter.
MSU fans could easily say they helped us beat them today (illegal formation penalty led to messed up punt/TD and not catching the kickoff).
Win is a win.

For those whining about RU's offense. Chew on this. Hate it if you want, but defense and special teams win games. On special teams, Dremel on K and P returns going forward, please.

Reactions: sct1111
Doesn't matter.
MSU fans could easily say they helped us beat them today (illegal formation penalty led to messed up punt/TD and not catching the kickoff).
Win is a win.
Sure it does. As you listed those are some of the reasons Sparty lost today.

The main one though is like Wisky did to us, we had more points at 00:00 than Sparty did. Which is the most important thing.

Reactions: NickRU714
If we beat Indiana next week and are 6-2, how will everyone feel if we end up 6-6? Would suck to limp to a finish like that. Have to get to 7 if we win next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Love that Rutgers is 5-2. Need to play with a lot less penalties and turnovers. The first half was awful. The second half historic. Defense, special teams and Monangai were dynamite. The passing game is not improving.
Wimsett was 6/10 or so. w 1 TD in the second. Not great but good.

If we beat Indiana next week and are 6-2, how will everyone feel if we end up 6-6? Would suck to limp to a finish line that. Have to get to 7 if we win next week.
OSU, Iowa, PSU and Maryland. I can realistically see only beating Maryland. But, beat Indiana first

Reactions: Section124
If we beat Indiana next week and are 6-2, how will everyone feel if we end up 6-6? Would suck to limp to a finish line that. Have to get to 7 if we win next week.
I don’t think it matters if you’re talking about a possible bowl destination.

It’s pretty much Pinstripe or bust for the reasons I listed above.

Would love to be wrong but don’t think I am.

I don’t think it matters if you’re talking about a possible bowl destination.

It’s pretty much Pinstripe or bust for the reasons I listed above.

Would love to be wrong but don’t think I am.
I will find my own parking, thank you. 😂
Since we will be in AZ at the end of year, really hoping for a bowl in Phoenix or Vegas.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yeah it's a shame we laid an egg against Wisconsin last week, but certainly can't complain about being 5-2 at this point especially after the refs tried so hard to screw us today.

Reactions: Section124
I will find my own parking, thank you. 😂
Since we will be in AZ at the end of year, really hoping for a bowl in Phoenix or Vegas.
I was very pro-Guaranteed Rate Bowl since Wisky went at 6-6.

But upon further research it just seems like we going to the Bronx.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT