ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Estrada from Hofstra in Transfer Portal

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
South Jersey, Hofstra 6'4 Guard in portal as Grad Transfer. Would be a nice pickup. Sixth Man or starter if Mulcahy does not return. Or, maybe a starter.

He might not be great but he’ll def be good enough to get legit minutes next year. Not really expecting anything from Davis his freshmen year.

We’re in the unique position where “not that good” is an upgrade over what we could potentially return.
Uhh.. you do realize there are other guys in the portal besides him? In your attempt to insult our team, you fail to realize we don't have to go after someone who isn't at the skill level we need to target.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Uhh.. you do realize there are other guys in the portal besides him? In your attempt to insult our team, you fail to realize we don't have to go after someone who isn't at the skill level we need to target.
Yes and that would be even better. In fact I didn’t fail to realize it.

This NJ kid averaged 20 pts a game shooting 48 percent from the floor and 37 from 3 point range @ Hofstra. We definitely need additional shooters, even with our impressive 2023 class.

Look how deep UConn was. They have 3-4 snipers that can shoot the 3 and 2 that came off the bench. 4th and 5th years transfer portal players are the reason UConn and SDSU had so much success. Lets try to replicate

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't see top tier recruits from the transfer portal mentioning Rutgers.

Last edited:
I don't see top tier recruits lfrom the transfer portal mentioning Rutgers.

Who cares? Didn’t see it last year either and we got Spencer. We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes.

If Dean was really offered $75k to play for a mid major, we’re probably not going to be retaining Hyatt. Our boosters aren’t going to shell out money to pay for bench insurance.

Reactions: shields
sad erik estrada GIF by beinglatino

We’re not taking anyone from the portal until it’s picked over. Same thing football is doing rn. It’s a Rutgers thing.

We’re not taking anyone from the portal until it’s picked over. Same thing football is doing rn. It’s a Rutgers thing.

This is just dumb on every level.

Cam Spencer entered the transfer portal almost 2 weeks after the end of the conference tournament season and Selection Sunday last year on March 25th...he committed to RU on April 19th after guards like St Bonas Kyle Lofton (Florida) and Siena guard Marcus Hammond (Notre Dame) were under consideration.

Let's just say, RU did fine and with NIL, kids don't have to make a decision for another month (May 11th is the final day or when the portal window closes).

The first wave will mostly involve teams in total reload mode. We’re not in that situation at all.

We are looking at a potential starting point of returning 4 of our starting 5 along with 2 returning frosh who showed good promise at the end of the season. That’s 6 core rotation players right there plus we’re bringing in a frosh class of 3 including one borderline 5 star. I’m sure the strategy is to first use our resources to make sure we retain the core guys above and then we’ll use what’s left over to land the best fit in the portal possible.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This is just dumb on every level.

Cam Spencer entered the transfer portal almost 2 weeks after the end of the conference tournament season and Selection Sunday last year on March 25th...he committed to RU on April 19th after guards like St Bonas Kyle Lofton (Florida) and Siena guard Marcus Hammond (Notre Dame) were under consideration.

Let's just say, RU did fine and with NIL, kids don't have to make a decision for another month (May 11th is the final day or when the portal window closes).
Lofton did not enter the portal until well after Wright, Spencer, and Hammond committed to Colorado, Rutgers, and ND respectively.

Reactions: GRU23
Like Fernandez, he beat RU. If you can't beat them, have them join.

I know this is likely a joke, but some of the worst roster decisions in sports have been made based on "go get that guy that lit us up that one time."

GM Isiah Thomas has entered the chat

Reactions: LotusAggressor
He is not that good, he failed at Oregon transferring up a couple of years ago and reverted back to a lower level.
Nah hed be the best guard on this team next year. Wouldnt be that close either.

Hawk doesnt realize who was ahead of him at oregon.

There's a reason it's likely going to be Cincinnati, he's not a high major starting guard, in comparison to other 4th or 5th year options. As limited and inconsistent as Mulcahy is, at least he has the potential to cover 2 or 3 positions, I'm not giving Estrada a starting PG position at RU or most high major programs, who have NCAA goals.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
There's a reason it's likely going to be Cincinnati, he's not a high major starting guard, in comparison to other 4th or 5th year options. As limited and inconsistent as Mulcahy is, at least he has the potential to cover 2 or 3 positions, I'm not giving Estrada a starting PG position at RU or most high major programs, who have NCAA goals.
This is flat out wrong. He’s rates as the tenth best transfer in the country and was recruited by everyone.

This is flat out wrong. He’s rates as the tenth best transfer in the country and was recruited by everyone.

I am saying this.....the market dictates his value, not an arbitrary ranking system. There are far more talented guards than Estrada as grad transfers. If he was legitimately that high, he would have 30 Power 5 offers to sift through and pick from. If he picks Cincinnati, it will not be because he declined to pick Kansas State, Alabama or his other potential finalists.....it will be because that is the place where he would lock in minutes and not have to compete against other portal candidates.

It is not to say he's not talented, I think he's just severely overvalued. I think he would thrive at Cincinnati, but I don't think he's a better PG than Fernandes....he's more combo guard than PG. I can get better combo guards elsewhere, if I needed one.....

I am saying this.....the market dictates his value, not an arbitrary ranking system. There are far more talented guards than Estrada as grad transfers. If he was legitimately that high, he would have 30 Power 5 offers to sift through and pick from. If he picks Cincinnati, it will not be because he declined to pick Kansas State, Alabama or his other potential finalists.....it will be because that is the place where he would lock in minutes and not have to compete against other portal candidates.

It is not to say he's not talented, I think he's just severely overvalued. I think he would thrive at Cincinnati, but I don't think he's a better PG than Fernandes....he's more combo guard than PG. I can get better combo guards elsewhere, if I needed one.....
Alabama is putting the full court press on for him according to all accounts. Sorry to disappoint you here.

Why do you continuously make shit up in the most wordy way?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT