ADVERTISEMENT

Alexis Morris to Rutgers

I just hope ALL of you feel the same way the next time football, men's hoops, or ANY OTHER SPORT at RU brings in a similar student-athlete. I'm fine with it for now, I have faith in CVS with a situation as such, but nonetheless.

Reactions: MADHAT1
That being said....what'd she do at BU to get the boot? Thanks.

EDIT from BU boards:

"Pattern of discipline issues. Final straw was an arrest for beating the shit out of her girlfriend. "

....Yikes. Hopefully CViv is the answer to this girl's problems.

Just went through a very long thread on the Baylor forum about Morris, and no one there has been able to confirm anything. One very "connected" poster said that she got in some legal trouble over the summer, but everything else was rumor and speculation. People tried to track down record of any arrest or charges filed, but couldn't find any.

Baylor is traditionally very tight lipped about things, so I doubt anything official will come out other than that she was dismissed for "violation of team rules".

Maybe once she's on the Banks more information may become known, but all I can find so far is speculation.

People tried to track down record of any arrest or charges filed, but couldn't find any.

Not going to provide the link but pretty easy to find now. I do not put much stock in arrests that are not followed by further legal action. Anyone who has been at a political demonstration or tried to stop a fight or police harassment/brutality is at risk of being arrested. I do not know what happened after September 10th in this matter.

Charge(s):

ASLT CONT- C ( TSU2018-24412)
Arrest Date:

Sep 10 2018
State:

Texas
County:

Hays

Not going to provide the link but pretty easy to find now. I do not put much stock in arrests that are not followed by further legal action. Anyone who has been at a political demonstration or tried to stop a fight or police harassment/brutality is at risk of being arrested. I do not know what happened after September 10th in this matter.

Charge(s):

ASLT CONT- C ( TSU2018-24412)
Arrest Date:

Sep 10 2018
State:

Texas
County:

Hays

Thanks - my Google-Fu had failed me. Booked and released the same day with no bail, it seems.

Some more info on the charge:
"One commits assault by contact if he (or she) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another person when he knows or should reasonably believe that the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

Common examples include shoving someone or spitting on them. Assault by contact is usually a class C misdemeanor, the lowest level of criminal offense in Texas."

There is a fine line between a block and a charge. Depends on whos making the call. Same goes here. We don't really know . Let's wait for her to show up and play.

Reactions: RUChoppin
yes 14 years ago an RU player was arrested. Not sure how the comparisons are if charges were dropped against Morris. Arrests don’t mean conviction, and with Stringer at the help I’m highly skeptical she didn’t do her own vetting. New environment, new teammates and out of the deep roots of the lone star state. Everyone deserves a second chance if they learn and show remorse
I am not going to post the details -- you can research -- just made me leery, and "everyone deserves a second chance" is EXACTLY what CVS said when she took the student athlete referenced.

There is a fine line between a block and a charge. Depends on whos making the call. Same goes here. We don't really know . Let's wait for her to show up and play.
Well it appears from her Twitter that she arrived on campus today.

That being said....what'd she do at BU to get the boot? Thanks.

EDIT from BU boards:

"Pattern of discipline issues. Final straw was an arrest for beating the shit out of her girlfriend. "

....Yikes. Hopefully CViv is the answer to this girl's problems.

woah!

Welcome to the banks Alexis. I really like her game. If she can shoot even 35+% from beyond the arc, that will be huge for us. And C. Viv doesn't just have to have two guards in there at any given time. She can play with 3 guards and even 4 guards. And as for defense, I see the utilization of the 55 even more with speedy guards causing havoc on the floor.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Hypocritical Christian University? Are there any other types?
It would be “hypocritical” to look at a domestic violence issue any differently for a prospective member of the woman’s team than one would look at that same issue for a prospective member of the men’s team. The transfer of someone who has been dismissed from his prior institution for domestic violence to an RU men’s team would be highly scrutinized.

Last edited:
It would be “hypocritical” to look at a domestic violence issue any differently for a prospective member of the woman’s team than one would look at that same issue for a prospective member of the men’s team. The transfer of someone who has been dismissed from his prior institution for domestic violence to an RU men’s team would be highly scrutinized.
I remember this story now. And you ask a very good question.
Would everyone agree if Ash or Pikiell gave a second chance to an athlete with a similar background ?
I'm not sure i would.

Alexis, When you get settled maybe we can take AreYouNuts out for a little sit down ?

I’m just posting what was said on the BU boards. Shit happens BUT HOPEFULLY She’s got her head straightened out and being up here, with Vivian, will be a huge plus for this young lady. Now mind your own business. [cheers]

I’m just posting what was said on the BU boards. Shit happens BUT HOPEFULLY She’s got her head straightened out and being up here, with Vivian, will be a huge plus for this young lady. Now mind your own business. [cheers]

If it was written on a message board then it must be true & repeated!

She was booted for disciplinary reasons. Let’s be somewhat realistic.
yep and from what I could find , though probably deserved to be booted, Alexis might have been allowed back after serving a 1 year suspension from team. a
RebKell board :
10/08/18 2:54 pm
So a bit of follow up.

Morris is still enrolled in Baylor. At least according to some on the boards, she could potentially earn a 2nd chance starting next year. I think there are some things she has to do but I don't want to be specific with 2nd hand information on that.

She did tweet something about Baylor that was very positive and actually made the comment "we are loaded".

Hope she gets things worked out.
also found this classy tweet Alexis made
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DonORlbUYAAJaks.jpg

this was on Baylor's Sic'Em365 message board:
zt1014
12:57p, 10/7/18

Sooo many players might have repsonded with a bitter comment. That's awesome the amount of respect she showed for her former teammates, coach, and school. She has to be feeling a lot of emotions.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
yep and from what I could find , though probably deserved to be booted, Alexis might have been allowed back after serving a 1 year suspension from team. a
RebKell board :
10/08/18 2:54 pm
So a bit of follow up.

Morris is still enrolled in Baylor. At least according to some on the boards, she could potentially earn a 2nd chance starting next year. I think there are some things she has to do but I don't want to be specific with 2nd hand information on that.

She did tweet something about Baylor that was very positive and actually made the comment "we are loaded".

Hope she gets things worked out.
also found this classy tweet Alexis made
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DonORlbUYAAJaks.jpg

this was on Baylor's Sic'Em365 message board:
zt1014
12:57p, 10/7/18

Sooo many players might have repsonded with a bitter comment. That's awesome the amount of respect she showed for her former teammates, coach, and school. She has to be feeling a lot of emotions.

Again, I have ZERO issue with her being here, just want to hear all the facts.

Again, I have ZERO issue with her being here, just want to hear all the facts.
The facts that come out might not tell the whole story, but should not be glossed over because of
her talent.
I was leery of bringing Alexis in until I tried to find info about her.
What I found eased my mind a bit, but still have some concerns about her .

I just hope ALL of you feel the same way the next time football, men's hoops, or ANY OTHER SPORT at RU brings in a similar student-athlete. I'm fine with it for now, I have faith in CVS with a situation as such, but nonetheless.
I agree

Yep, for sure Noga. Excited to see another 3 pt shooter added to the bunch we currently have!

I do not condone any faith based education. Christian . Catholic. Jewish. Mormon. Muslim. They seperate and segregate..Nuts . Hope you are well...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do not condone any faith based education. Christian . Catholic. Jewish. Mormon. Muslim. They seperate and segregate..Nuts . Hope you are well...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Catholics happen to be Christians & anyone can & does go to their schools.

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT