ADVERTISEMENT

All this May stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul would have to guard the 4 for the most part imo while Gavin adds muscle.

Rough minute distribution pending transfers (keeping in mind positionless basketball)

PG: Fernandes (26), Simpson (14)
SG: Spencer (32), Simpson (8)
SF: Griffiths (24), Mulcahy (16)
PF: Mulcahy (16), Hyatt (16), Chol (8)
C: Cliff (32), Woofolk (8)

Davis should RS unless there’s an injury. I don’t think he’ll be better than Simpson.

We will definitely struggle defensively without Mag.
Everyone who thinks Griffiths is going to play 20ish minutes is going to feel silly in 7-8 months.

Now hearing some good news may emerge from this. Stay tuned.

questions-tell-me-more.gif

Losing Ndongo will hurt because he was blowing up but you could see from his tape that he could handle , could shoot , could drive , play defense and block shots. If we are losing another ( Speculation is that is Mag ) , another huge loss . Although he will. E coming off ACL surgery , he was starting to come on offensively to go along with his excellent defense both individually and as part of team defense but also rebounding on both ends.
Optimistically , offensively with Gavin and Cam and Noah and Derek and even Davis , we should be able to shoot better spread the floor and break down more teams.
Cliff coming back is important for next year’s team but I would understand if he goes. His potential is what the NBA covets.
But we will be woeful rebounding which I think is even more important than defense , and the reason the team 2 years ago did not go far enough and why last year ‘s team after Mag went down the rebounding numbers suffered. If Mag is the transfer and I hope he is not , then bringing in a solid rebounder at the 4/5 is essential to help Cliff because Hyatt is not enough and Choi is unknown. Pike has some work to do in the portal before 2024 recruits arrive to make our team a solid NCAA tourney team .
Hope 72’s last post leads to that good news

Everyone who thinks Griffiths is going to play 20ish minutes is going to feel silly in 7-8 months.
Because you think it will be significantly less? What’s the over/under? I’d be surprised if he doesn’t end up in the 16-25 range.
What range do you think?

Chinyelu Kante Ndongo... even Fall was in the mix at one point. Tough to land talented big men with so few to go around

Really wish we landed one of them *sigh*
Couple of posters jinxed us as they counted their chickens before they were hatched ….and they filled out a future lineup card . That’s a no no . 😀

Reactions: RUBOB72
Lance Ware was a consensus top 50 in Cliff's class. It wouldn't be a bad risk and it fills the Ndongo, possibly Mag need.

Has great skills but low motivation. He basically screwed himself. Hung his head or did not hustle when something went wrong. Not a fit here. Like Jay Pal a lot better. Kid has exploded at a lower level. Shot 60 percent from field and 80 from line. True stretch four that got better year over year. If Rutgers fans want these kids, they have to start writing checks to NIL just like many of us do. We also need our AD to go out and lobby sone local corporations to act as NIL donors.

Last edited:
Losing Ndongo will hurt because he was blowing up but you could see from his tape that he could handle , could shoot , could drive , play defense and block shots. If we are losing another ( Speculation is that is Mag ) , another huge loss . Although he will. E coming off ACL surgery , he was starting to come on offensively to go along with his excellent defense both individually and as part of team defense but also rebounding on both ends.
Optimistically , offensively with Gavin and Cam and Noah and Derek and even Davis , we should be able to shoot better spread the floor and break down more teams.
Cliff coming back is important for next year’s team but I would understand if he goes. His potential is what the NBA covets.
But we will be woeful rebounding which I think is even more important than defense , and the reason the team 2 years ago did not go far enough and why last year ‘s team after Mag went down the rebounding numbers suffered. If Mag is the transfer and I hope he is not , then bringing in a solid rebounder at the 4/5 is essential to help Cliff because Hyatt is not enough and Choi is unknown. Pike has some work to do in the portal before 2024 recruits arrive to make our team a solid NCAA tourney team .
Hope 72’s last post leads to that good news
Why will we be “woeful rebounding” with Cliff, Hyatt, Woolf, a healthy Paul, Griffiths, Cam, etc?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Yes,Rutgers is losing someone but everything will work out.
Gavin will end up starting,will be at Rutgers in June and is ready for prime time.

Kante is still wide open but for many reasons Rutgers is not in the picture.

Cliff is still very likely back,as is Paul.

No holiday tourney game.

MSG is out,but Barclay's appears in play.

Northwestern and Ohio State got much better and Penn State is now decent.

Davis is coming.

2024-5 should be beyond exciting and Rutgers will be at the RAC and not a relocated building.

Steve is on top of things and I see the Karl Hobbs departure as a long run positive with the caveat that Ndongo might have started this season. He is a real stud.
Didn’t PSU lose pretty much everyone?

Why will we be “woeful rebounding” with Cliff, Hyatt, Woolf, a healthy Paul, Griffiths, Cam, etc?
Because our forwards and guards didn’t rebound enough leaving or hoping Cliff would grab everything. Go rewatch some tape. It was very evident. Mag was giving you offensive and defensive rebounding which suffered and declined after his loss for the season.
Caleb was the only guard that consistently rebounded and helped Cliff on the defensive back board. Giving teams 2 and 3 shot attempts to score is a recipe for disaster . We should have been a great rebounding team with our big guards , Caleb , Paul and Cam and we weren’t. Off the top of my head , Paul ‘s failure to get a rebound against Minnesota when we were up 3 allowed them to get the rebound and cut it to 1. If he rebounds he is likely fouled and we go up 4 or 5. That is just 1 example.

Because our forwards and guards didn’t rebound enough leaving or hoping Cliff would grab everything. Go rewatch some tape. It was very evident. Mag was giving you offensive and defensive rebounding which suffered and declined after his loss for the season.
Caleb was the only guard that consistently rebounded and helped Cliff on the defensive back board. Giving teams 2 and 3 shot attempts to score is a recipe for disaster . We should have been a great rebounding team with our big guards , Caleb , Paul and Cam and we weren’t. Off the top of my head , Paul ‘s failure to get a rebound against Minnesota when we were up 3 allowed them to get the rebound and cut it to 1. If he rebounds he is likely fouled and we go up 4 or 5. That is just 1 example.
You mean when Paul was playing with multiple injuries and clearly struggling to go up off the dribble let alone up battling for rebounds? Caleb doing the same with a bad back?

You mean when Paul was playing with multiple injuries and clearly struggling to go up off the dribble let alone up battling for rebounds? Caleb doing the same with a bad back?
Nuts , go look at our losses over the last 2 years and then look at the rebounding totals . There is not just data but the eye test. All players are partially playing with bumps and bruises as the year goes on. Not a reason not to rebound. Mag did the dirty work and no one filled his void.

Nuts , go look at our losses over the last 2 years and then look at the rebounding totals . There is not just data but the eye test. All players are partially playing with bumps and bruises as the year goes on. Not a reason not to rebound. Mag did the dirty work and no one filled his void.
After the Michigan State game to the end of the season we averaged 31.3 rebounds and our opponents 31.6
Ignore the first 6 games
In the games from Miami to Minnesota (the game before Mich St) we averaged 34.8 rebounds and our opponents 30.0
It's not just the eye test.

I get it, I do, but Paul could barely get off his feet let alone battle. Why do you think he was (pretty much) only driving to 1 dude if the basket the last 3/4 of the season? He had to keep the left shoulder out of contact as much as possible.

This. I aint going to brooklyn. Msg is very easily public transportation wise. BK is a bitch
Theres literally subways that drop you right outside Barclays that you can get from Penn or Port Authority. If taking one subway is the reason you can't get to the game, we have to start wondering how much you really support the team.

Barclays is terrible...hard pass

At this point I care more about the opponent than the venue. We desperately need to add an NCAA opponent on the non-conference schedule. If Villanova turns out to be the Gavitt opponent, that may not translate to one either. SHU and Wake are long shots. If we’re adding another Temple type that could theoretically could mean we not only don’t play any tourney teams, but we don’t even have a Q1 game on the OOC.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If we have Mag or say Jay Pal and Cliff stays and Paul comes back and nobody injured for more than a few games next year, nobody averaging more than 31.9.
good, sounds like you agree 30+ is likely for Griffiths, I agree, a big part of the reason for getting better players is to play them

Reactions: Knight Ed
Has great skills but low motivation. He basically screwed himself. Hung his head or did not hustle when something went wrong. Not a fit here. Like Jay Pal a lot better. Kid has exploded at a lower level. Shot 60 percent from field and 80 from line. True stretch four that got better year over year. If Rutgers fans want these kids, they have to start writing checks to NIL just like many of us do. We also need our AD to go out and lobby sone local corporations to act as NIL donors.
Pal's stats last year were very good and a big jump from previous seasons. He is possibly a late bloomer finally reaching his potential. I hope we land him

Wally Judge was more highly rated than Griffiths out of high school. He came to Rutgers for his 4th and 5th years in college and played 22 minutes both years on terroble teams.

Saying I’ll feel silly for predicting 24 minutes in his first year…is silly.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Wally Judge was more highly rated than Griffiths out of high school. He came to Rutgers for his 4th and 5th years in college and played 22 minutes both years on terroble teams.

Saying I’ll feel silly for predicting 24 minutes in his first year…is silly.
Great comparison. I feel really silly now.

• Haha
Reactions: cm_13 and Scangg
Theres literally subways that drop you right outside Barclays that you can get from Penn or Port Authority. If taking one subway is the reason you can't get to the game, we have to start wondering how much you really support the team.
I live in hoboken and grew up in north jersey. To this very day ive never stepped foot in brooklyn.

Im not taking the path to 33rd and then getting on a subway to see us play temple

I live in hoboken and grew up in north jersey. To this very day ive never stepped foot in brooklyn.

Im not taking the path to 33rd and then getting on a subway to see us play temple
I was grown up and raised in Hudson County-- no big deal . But does anyone on these boards ever drive --- especially into Manhattan or Brooklyn? It's really not that bad and they have some great restaurants on Court street.

Not even going to check out Brooklyn once? Lol I mean even if you think it's a bit of a pain and don't want to go often, it's worth a visit. Go for the Rutgers game and make a day out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT