ADVERTISEMENT

Alvarado Final 3

GTECH is a good school in a great city and in a great league.

If thinking that the only reason he went there is because he got something extra makes you feel better great but IMO it's kind of an insult to the kid.

RU and GTECH have very similar situations-----good schools in great leagues with programs down at the moment.

My thoughts on it are that he was the kind of kid distance from home didn't really matter to and Atlanta won out over New Brunswick.

You have no idea. Your speculation is just like everyone elses. Actually probably less.

You have no idea. Your speculation is just like everyone elses. Actually probably less.
My speculation is: the past of both RU & GT had a lot to do with his decision
and the facilities GT has now also helped GT more than RU plans to upgrade facilities helped Rutgers cause.

Obviously I was exaggerating my response to the news.

But IMHO this is the exact type of recruit we need at this time. He is a foundation player. If he was 6'4" Duke would have been on him.

We are not getting top 50 kids at this time. We need kids that even though they might not have all the supposed measurables they have the heart to run thru a wall to win. Give me a team of players like that any day.

You are right. Still, he had limitations to his play. I am not sure if he was a "true" point,either.

I would have liked him. I do not think he would have been a game changer, but he would have been good.

Hopefully we can grab someone else. I take someone with no so much of a shot, but a good driver with long arms. I think Alverado reaches a ceiling. It is going to be hard to find a player now with no ceiling, but the staff will try. At least we have that now.

You are right. Still, he had limitations to his play. I am not sure if he was a "true" point,either.

I would have liked him. I do not think he would have been a game changer, but he would have been good.

Hopefully we can grab someone else. I take someone with no so much of a shot, but a good driver with long arms. I think Alverado reaches a ceiling. It is going to be hard to find a player now with no ceiling, but the staff will try. At least we have that now.

Guess we will totally disagree here. He is 100% a true point guard. His shot has developed, he can penetrate, and more important he penetrates intelligently. Plus he plays hard nosed defense.

Not sure we can find a 2017 point guard recruit with his intangibles.

Hard to be a great PG in the basketball of today when you're undersized and not overly athletic.

I think he would have been an OK player------a minutes guy.

Guess we will totally disagree here. He is 100% a true point guard. His shot has developed, he can penetrate, and more important he penetrates intelligently. Plus he plays hard nosed defense.

Not sure we can find a 2017 point guard recruit with his intangibles.

We saw different tapes. I did not watch every one of them. I do not think we can find Alverado, but someone slightly below him. He was out best option. The staff will follow the other scent they get. I trust them to find someone pretty good. Not Alvarado good, but very close.

We saw different tapes. I did not watch every one of them. I do not think we can find Alverado, but someone slightly below him. He was out best option. The staff will follow the other scent they get. I trust them to find someone pretty good. Not Alvarado good, but very close.

I'm not going by tapes, I saw him play live several times. Videos are highlights, of course they will show him shooting more.

Reactions: higgins3
I'm not going by tapes, I saw him play live several times. Videos are highlights, of course they will show him shooting more.

You are right. Especially given that you have seen him a bunch. We missed out on a great guard.

I will say this-when we had Myles Mack, people said he did not have the athleticism to play defense. I do not believe that.I saw Mack run, I saw Mack sprint, his coordination was solid. He could rarely dunk, but he has dunked. I think he did not give the right effort, or he did not care to play it.

I do believe it is harder to cover up your lack of height, lack of athleticism at the guard position. As you go down to forwards, you can cover up three inches if you are the most physical player. Guards, not so much. I also really value guard defense, and think it is the most important defender on the floor for the obvious reasons.

I wonder who we go after next.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I have come to dread any formal announcement for a recruits decision, football or basketball, 90% of the go elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT