ADVERTISEMENT

NIT

I grumbled about Nevada last year that went over us and was losing in first half by 25 to Arizona State.

Reactions: RUkhoury
Entertaining game between the Hall and Indiana State. Back and forth, nice plays, a lot of threes, A raucous crowd which is 95 %. ISU in a famed arena. It does remind you of the movie Hoosiers. Both sides playing their hearts out. Now 60-57 SHU with 10 minutes to go.

77-70 and lose 79-77.
ISU should have did clock game rather than threes.

Wow. It took a real effort by Indiana a State to blow that game. They did nothing right during the last two and half minutes.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
These announcers were so blatantly biased towards Indiana State, it was the first and only time I ever rooted for Seton Hall ( although Holloway seems like a great up and coming coach)

You had UVA out, though, no? It was all very tight at the top of the bubble.
last out but ahead of SHU....it was very tight. No one knows what would happen if it was Oklahoma or shu or Indiana State....thats how the cookie crumbles, shu winning the nit doesnt really mean they should have been in the ncaa over virginia

These announcers were so blatantly biased towards Indiana State, it was the first and only time I ever rooted for Seton Hall ( although Holloway seems like a great up and coming coach)
why wouldnt they root for Indiana State...would have made for a great story playing in Hinkle and being from Indiana and being a midmajor

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
Good for SHU getting an NIT title.

But now the portal value of their players with remaining eligibility will go up and the shit show will begin in haste.

Reactions: King of S
My wife asked me at like 3 minutes who would win the game. I said whichever team plays the same game down the stretch as they did the first 37 mins. ISU just did too many things they hadn't there and SH had all the confidence of their VERY GOOD coach. Congrats to them.
NIT don't matter LOL. That was a fantastic game at a fantastic place with a fantastic crowd.

Congratulations to Seton Hall. They played really well in the NIT. Indiana State completely fell apart down the stretch by getting outscored 9-0. The center took two three pointers in the last two minutes and missed both. The team settled for several threes in the last two and a half minutes. I don't know why they didn't attack the basket. They should have had the game but SHU was more aggressive all game and got the W. SHU could return Richmond, Davis and Addae -Wusu. If so they could be very good once again.

Addae was stamping his foot after a call, lucky no technical foul.

That was a great game. Did not take Sha long to win a title and established himself in the NJ coaching circle. He seems like a very good people manager.

Reactions: batts and eso1989
last out but ahead of SHU....it was very tight. No one knows what would happen if it was Oklahoma or shu or Indiana State....thats how the cookie crumbles, shu winning the nit doesnt really mean they should have been in the ncaa over virginia

They should have been in ahead of both UVA and Mich State .

Michigan St had 3 Quad 1 wins-----SHU had 5. SHU had a win over the # 1 seed in the whole tournament and a win over a 2 seed.

But when you win a National Championship you become royalty. Izzo and Bennett being their HC's got those teams in.

That was a great game. Did not take Sha long to win a title and established himself in the NJ coaching circle. He seems like a very good people manager.
St Peter's made his name and this NIT win might bring him bigger and better things if the Hall does well in 2o24-25
Sha is a good coach , which means his Hall days are numbered if the Pirates have a good season next year unless Felt can some up with enough money.
This season might not have been enough to get top programs feel he's the man for their job, but it did put him on their radar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT