ADVERTISEMENT

Another Rutgers player hits the portal (women's team)

I can't stand all you guys stating "her time has passed." So many of you use that comment over, and over again, enough already.
You have to be blind to reality if you can’t see that

RUWBB 1996-2009 >>>>> RUWBB 2010 - Present.
The squandering of talent, top notch classes and opportunity has been impressive. Over the last decade RU has been a fine/quality program but not close to where it was up to and just after the National Finals appearance.

Bottom line: CVS will leave when she wants to...you simple do not force a 1000+ game winner and a hall of fame coach out...RU does not have to guts to deal with those optics. Regardless of whether the program is on fire or in a dumpster fire, she’s the one making the call.

Long, slow slog into irrelevance coming up.

I am curious about how some of the posters on here that have decided our women's team players are transferring because the game has passed CVS by and/or there is something terrible going on behind the scenes with the program that we don't know about view what is happening with the transfers from the men's team. Has the game passed Coach Pikiell by? Is there something terrible going on behind the scenes there too? Both teams had pretty good seasons this year, both would have made the NCAA's the previous year, yet both teams are faced with players unexpectedly transferring. Any ideas?
Personally, I think CVS is planning to retire and will announce it after the women's final is played so as not to take attention away from the teams and coaches playing tonight. I think her players are aware of her decision. Otherwise, I can't see Zippy, in particular, choosing to leave. she is very active in not only playing basketball at RU, but is involved in the athletic council. I hope I am wrong, as I am one who wants Coach to stay, but we shall see.
The men’s team only has 1 player transferring who is not a senior and would have graduated this year you can’t compare the men’s and women’s team as far as transferring at Rutgers.
On another note it’s just a huge problem at many schools as some schools have as many as 7 players transferring this year

I am curious about how some of the posters on here that have decided our women's team players are transferring because the game has passed CVS by and/or there is something terrible going on behind the scenes with the program that we don't know about view what is happening with the transfers from the men's team. Has the game passed Coach Pikiell by? Is there something terrible going on behind the scenes there too? Both teams had pretty good seasons this year, both would have made the NCAA's the previous year, yet both teams are faced with players unexpectedly transferring. Any ideas?
Personally, I think CVS is planning to retire and will announce it after the women's final is played so as not to take attention away from the teams and coaches playing tonight. I think her players are aware of her decision. Otherwise, I can't see Zippy, in particular, choosing to leave. she is very active in not only playing basketball at RU, but is involved in the athletic council. I hope I am wrong, as I am one who wants Coach to stay, but we shall see.
Obviously you don’t make your way over to the MBB forum too often.

You have to be blind to reality if you can’t see that

RUWBB 1996-2009 >>>>> RUWBB 2010 - Present.
The squandering of talent, top notch classes and opportunity has been impressive. Over the last decade RU has been a fine/quality program but not close to where it was up to and just after the National Finals appearance.

Bottom line: CVS will leave when she wants to...you simple do not force a 1000+ game winner and a hall of fame coach out...RU does not have to guts to deal with those optics. Regardless of whether the program is on fire or in a dumpster fire, she’s the one making the call.

Long, slow slog into irrelevance coming up.
Yes,
since the 2010-11 season CVS has proven the game passed her bye and a slow decent into becoming a dumpster fire.
Must hang our heads in shame talking about the RU WBB program only going 212-139
since 2010-11.
58-24 the last 3 seasons

Reactions: ScarletteK80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT