ADVERTISEMENT

Ash to Coach tOSU Bowl Game

Urban Meyer is probably being a bit of dick and won't let him leave or maybe he thinks his other defensive coaches are incompetent and they can't do the job without Ash. Anyway, if this weekend is the last weekend for OV before the dead period than Ash should be trying to get as many recruits on campus as possible. It is an important weekend and Ash should be here for it.

Did you see the press conference today? This isn't about Urban Meyer at all. He wants to stay and finish the job he started with the team. It will be his last time coaching Joey Bosa and crew. He's doing an honorable thing and we're grateful.

I don't have a problem with him still coaching for the bowl game but he should be here for an official visit weekend. The reality of the situation is that most of these OSU practices are all about getting underclassmen practice reps. The bowl game planning hasn't even started.

Reactions: redking
Ash pretty much put all the complainers in place today. I'm sure PlumStreet is still upset, meanwhile Ash has probably done more in 1 day than Flood did all year.

OSU OC Tom Herman did the same thing last year - actually for an additional 10 days, due to the Natty - and still seemed to have establish a successful culture in his first season at Houston. I think Rutgers' football fans will see a fully improved team environment well before this date next season, not in spite of Coach Ash's commitment to finishing what he started in 2015, but because of it. Finishing completely with full integrity is what he demands of himself. That is an essential quality of good leadership. And if some recruit does not understand or not want to be a part of that culture, Ash probably would not want him anyway. It might seem hard-nosed, but I guarantee you that Chris Ash is going to demand his players be as hard-nosed as he is.

Some of you are sweating this way too much. Mullen stayed on to coach the National Title game against Oklahoma. Strong stayed on to coach the Sugar Bowl against Cincinnati. Herman stayed on to coach through the playoffs. Start thinking big picture. I'm not saying Ash will be a savior, but if he is the right guy...do you want the right guy a month from now, or do you want the wrong guy now?

Reactions: mildone
I like the move of staying at OSU through the bowl game. I've come around. Guys like Joey Bosa won't forget it, if an Ohio kid asks Joey Bosa what he thinks of Rutgers and Coach Ash, Bosa will vouch for him. You can never have enough guys in your corner and guys that are pulling for you. This is a long game move and its smart.

meh Ive moved on after a brief problem with it. Not a big deal in the big picture
True. I was meh from the start. Some stay, some go. Seems kinda silly to bash a guy either way.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, three days later, Chris ash has been killing it on the recruiting trail solidifying our most important relationships and getting his new assistant to work as well. This is nothing like taking a vacation by Terry Shea. Chris ash is off to a tremendous start in every way. Give this guy a break haha I think we are all pass this but I wanted to put the capper on it, since he has had as productive a three day. As anyone could possibly have ever imagined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT