ADVERTISEMENT

Big East…

DePaul would have trouble beating Rider. Bottom of conference is bad. For example, michigan beat the Johnnies.

The Big East has UConn and they will be the favorite to repeat as the national champion.Nobody cares about the worse teams in conferences.

I mean it's pretty normal for power conferences to have a terrible team or two. DePaul is super bad, GT is bad, but the rest of the conference is all pretty solid. Seems like a pretty standard middle of the road power conference.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I mean it's pretty normal for power conferences to have a terrible team or two. DePaul is super bad, GT is bad, but the rest of the conference is all pretty solid. Seems like a pretty standard middle of the road power conference.
not two hapless teams. thats the very definition of not a very good conference.

Reactions: shields
The Big East has UConn and they will be the favorite to repeat as the national champion.Nobody cares about the worse teams in conferences.
I do. If you're talking about conferences overall you need to factor in every single team, not cherry pick the top teams and pretend the rest don't exist

If UCONN was in the Sun Belt conference would that make it a good conference?

not two hapless teams. thats the very definition of not a very good conference.
I mean the rest of the conference is solid though. And it's only DePaul that is absurd bad, Georgetown is still within the bounds of like normal bad.

I mean the rest of the conference is solid though. And it's only DePaul that is absurd bad, Georgetown is still within the bounds of like normal bad.
in crunchtime at the end of the season when teams are fighting tooth and nail to get into the NCAAs having either one of these 2 teams on your schedule is a freebie.

Reactions: shields
in crunchtime at the end of the season when teams are fighting tooth and nail to get into the NCAAs having either one of these 2 teams on your schedule is a freebie.
I get that (though.. Minnesota last year was worse than GTown this year.. and you probably remember what happened to us there). I'm just saying, you average the teams together, its a fairly normal conference. TRank has it as the #4 conference, as does Massey Ratings.

DePaul would have trouble beating Rider. Bottom of conference is bad. For example, michigan beat the Johnnies.
St, John’s has improved and Michigan has tanked. It would probably be a very different game now…plus Pitino is at least twice the coach Slappy is.

Here is HOF Head Coach, talking about his players at St John's, after their loss to Seton Hall....keep in mind they had (I think) a 20 point 1st half lead, before folding....and he turned over almost the entire roster and got rid of better players that Mike Anderson and the old staff recruited and had there. The entire roster (minus Joel Soriano) is 100% on Pitino.

I get that . My point was Michigan stinks and still beat the Johnnies. Depaul would have problems beating monmouth. Agree with patrick. Also back then mcDaniel was playing every game.

But you get nothing in the metrics for whooping them. A loss or a close win drops you. So yeah your record improves but that’s the least important criteria for making the tourney it would seem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT