ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest RU Wins

RU-Esq

All American
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2008
Somewhat stating the obvious but it seems like RU football has had a lack of significant football victories in its history ... in fact, some of the more attention-grabbing wins may have come during the pre-Schiano (and certain pre-Shea) era. The ones off the top of my head (which is sad) would be the late 80's wins over PSU and MSU (on the road) - and the '06 win over Louisville. Of course, there was the 85(?) tie with Florida (#1 at the time). I think certain wins over Pitt while they were decent in the late 00's could also be counted as decent wins. Not sure how many victories over ranked teams there have been (and I always discount the South Florida wins) - but not too many historically - or over "big name" football factory schools (which is why the UM game last year I also consider up there among RU's greatest victories). Some of that has been a lack of opportunity with scheduling - but many times it's just been the inability to beat any "name" school on the schedule. Am I missing any others (which I likely am)?

The bottom line to me is - we are playing a series of B1G games this year - including this week's at PSU - which if we win any of them, would go down as one of the biggest wins in school history. I welcome that opportunity - and will look forward to each of those games.

Reactions: jerzey devil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News