ADVERTISEMENT

Camden joint board news links

None of this is really important. Don't worry,, alums of NB-Piscataway: there are no signs Barchi wants to give substantial money to Camden. That, I hear, is one reason why the Camden chancellor resigned.

Originally posted by camdenlawprof:
None of this is really important. Don't worry,, alums of NB-Piscataway: there are no signs Barchi wants to give substantial money to Camden. That, I hear, is one reason why the Camden chancellor resigned.
Nice irony prof.

Complete speculation but I assume after fighting off the Norcross takeover Pritchett's days were numbered. I don't think many could thrive in that post if you were on George's enemy list.

Originally posted by srru86:

Originally posted by camdenlawprof:
Nice irony prof.

Complete speculation but I assume after fighting off the Norcross takeover Pritchett's days were numbered. I don't think many could thrive in that post if you were on George's enemy list.
I don't think that fighting Norcross had anything to do with Pritchett's departure. Rather he just decided that he was never going to accomplish a lot at Camden. Anyway, Pritchell landed on his feet: he has an appointment as some kind of presidential professor at Penn and will act as dean of the law school next year.

Philly Newsworks/NJ Spotlight
Understanding the governing structure for the Rowan/Rutgers eds & meds partnership

Basically it is all Norcross cronies, all the time.
"At the first board meeting last week, the governors passed a resolution that gives newly elected chair Jack Collins -- a former Republican assembly speaker from Salem County -- the authority to green-light projects and spending without approval. This decision comes on the heels of a law Gov. Chris Christie quietly signed in January that grants Rowan the power of eminent domain, an ability Rutgers does not have."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT