ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Holtmann fired at Ohio State

B1G used to have a core of coaches that stayed at their school forever. I don't think we'll see that ever again. I don't think Holtzy is a bad coach. I doubt he's done anything inappropriate. So, to me, the timing means they already have their next coach on the hook.
I could see Pike being at Rutgers long term

Head coaches at top tier schools have a short leash for getting fired after disappointing seasons.The Creighton head coach should be a top candidate if he was interested in the Ohio State position because they have a outstanding half court offense.
Clearly some of these programs have huge expectations and do not track around.
Talk about swim or sink.. pressure cooker job.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Drake's Darian DeVries is someone that OSU should be looking at.
But he might cost to much to buy out because he's signed thought the 2028-29 season

I could see Pike being at Rutgers long term

Let’s hope so as it seems he’s about to take the next step to elite. No reason to suspect he’d want to transfer away from a fanbase that (mostly) would lay down in traffic for him and is already making plans for his statue.

Reactions: patk89
For those that don't know, the buyout here is $12,000,000. Imagine RU taking a hit like that? The RU 1000 would be back with a flourish. Of course, OSU and UM are like SEC teams when it comes to money. Their alums seem to have no issue covering it. But that is messed up.

For those that don't know, the buyout here is $12,000,000. Imagine RU taking a hit like that? The RU 1000 would be back with a flourish. Of course, OSU and UM are like SEC teams when it comes to money. Their alums seem to have no issue covering it. But that is messed up.

Imagine the ****ing articles that would be written…

Reactions: LeapinLou
Kind of shocked by this... He did a good job in the interim admittedly... But it's Ohio State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT