ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Ohio State

Purdue is a completely different team when Edey sits. He went out with 2 fouls at the 4:30 mark of the half and Purdue leading by 4.

After he sat Purdue was outscored by 9.

Ohio State up 35-30

sure they win alot and probably win this one, even by double digits but their style of play leaves the window open most games for them to get beat

everyone can see another early Purdue exit from the NCAA tourney from here
Ironically, I think their reliance on Edey — and all of those 2-point shots — leaves them vulnerable to hot shooting teams. Mind you, they’re better at shooting threes this year, but yeah they are susceptible to being upset if a team figures out how to limit Edey or he has an off game.

I do like this second matchup @ Purdue, given we have a guy like Ogbole, a more athletic 290lb, to throw at Edey this second go around.

This game could be a good result, Purdue loses here like Wisconsin losing 4 straight and 5 of 6 kind of effect.

Last edited:
I do like this second matchup @ Purdue, given we have a guy like Ogbole, a more athletic 290lb, to throw at Edey this second go around.

This game could be a good result, Purdue loses here like Wisconsin losing 4 straight and 5 of 6 kind of effect.
Agree 100% with the Ogbole piece and we will have JWill this time

Purdue isn't going on a 4 game losing streak. I hope they come back and win

Agree. I think we are better off if Purdue comes back an wins this game. You would think Purdue would have an easier time getting good perimeter looks for Smith, Loyer..etc with Edey in the post.

I know that but struggling two straight games vs Minnesota and @ Ohio St will mean a loss is going to come. Why not us, a team we always play well against.

We are catching Purdue right at the right time to pull it off.

Last edited:

I’m thinking it’s too early to write a check that Ogbole can’t cash. But agree that he can help us inside on both ends of the floor. Purdue game will tell RU fans a lot about Ogbole. Fingers crossed.

OSU played well. Purdue just did not shoot many threes. They are very good but not as balanced as UConn IMO.

I’m thinking it’s too early to write a check that Ogbole can’t cash. But agree that he can help us inside on both ends of the floor. Purdue game will tell RU fans a lot about Ogbole. Fingers crossed.
There is pretty much zero chance that Ogbole won't be able to do better than Wolf on Edey

Ogbole is 290 lbs of pure muscle and has a 7'6 wingspan

Wolf is like 6'9 (probably shorter) 225

Ohio State interim coach Diebler will discuss a conversion to permanent head coach before Ohio State faces Rutgers on March 10, 2024.

Expect Diebler to secure a 500% raise and the permanent HC job if he wins another game or two this season.

There is pretty much zero chance that Ogbole won't be able to do better than Wolf on Edey

Ogbole's Rutgers bio says he weighs in at 260 and 242 pounds. Not sure why the bio writer couldn't settle on one weight or the other.

What is the source of the 290 Ogbole weight? That is a lot of muscle added in the few months since the bio was written.

The only reason Purdue is still in the game is because they made 20 straight foul shots.
This is why Purdue makes an early exit in the NCAA’s they don’t have the ridiculous Big 10 refs calling their game and they don’t end up with such a wide disparity at the free throw line
It was 20-5 and Purdue only had 3 fouls with 3:30 to go!!

Reactions: G- RUnit and RU84

Agree on Ogbole as the better option. That being said, Zed Key did a nice job on Edey.

Ogbole's Rutgers bio says he weighs in at 260 and 242 pounds. Not sure why the bio writer couldn't settle on one weight or the other.

What is the source of the 290 Ogbole weight? That is a lot of muscle added in the few months since the bio was written.
The last game broadcast announcers said Ogbole now up to 290 lbs

All that matters is that we win. If we finish with 20 wins we are in matter what. And if we are at 19 and win two games in the big ten tourney we are also in.

Ohio State with wins over Purdue and Alabama...welcome to the outer fringes of the bubble
Today, it only puts them at 3-10 Q1/2, Q1 2-6 Q2 1-4 BUT 7-1 Q3, Ws vs 82 Minn(31-75), vs 84 RU, N vs 105 UCLA(51-100) could all become Q2 wins would help. W vs Q2 75 Maryland is a factor too but 2-6 3-5, 5-1 or 2-6, 4-4, 4-1 look better with 5 gms tg. I doubt Minn, RU and MD all get and stay above 75 at the end.

SOR is 95 before this win but could improve if Q3s become Q2s.

1 Q1(@ MSU), 3 Q2s(@ Minn, vs NEB, @ RU) and 1 Q3(vs UM) left with an 0-7 road record, 4-0 neutral.

B1G just became a little more muddled after today though.

Today, it only puts them at 3-10 Q1/2, Q1 2-6 Q2 1-4 BUT 7-1 Q3, Ws vs 82 Minn(31-75), vs 84 RU, N vs 105 UCLA(51-100) could all become Q2 wins would help. W vs Q2 75 Maryland is a factor too but 2-6 3-5, 5-1 or 2-6, 4-4, 4-1 look better with 5 gms tg. I doubt Minn, RU and MD all get and stay above 75 at the end.

SOR is 95 before this win but could improve if Q3s become Q2s.

1 Q1(@ MSU), 3 Q2s(@ Minn, vs NEB, @ RU) and 1 Q3(vs UM) left with an 0-7 road record, 4-0 neutral.

B1G just became a little more muddled after today though.
Just don't see OSU getting in unless they win the B1G Tournament. They have some talent - especially in their backcourt. They're a dangerous team right now with Holtmann getting fired and will screw someone else's chances of getting in the NCAA. They're out though

UConn is better than Purdue.

Purdue loss the game 73-69 and the number one seed to UConn.

UConn already had the number one seed and a red carpet in the East Regional to get to Final Four. They won't have to play more than 100 miles from their campus in first two weekends.

At this point they are HUGE favorites to win the natty. They demolished Marquette yesterday.

Because OSU looks to be a team that could end up with 18-20 wins and be another team we will be up against for a bid if we make a nice run here. Also we now play Purdue off a loss instead of a 10 game win streak. They will be more focused now, just human nature
My bad on the question- I was not thinking they were in the conversation because they have been a long skid lately. We can control what is in front of us and the last game of the season against Ohio State. Wonder if RU will get any extra "points" for their later performance with Jeremiah being activated vs. Ohio State being 2-10 in their last 12 games. More focused? We will see.

Purdue- IDK, this loss can cut two ways. But I'm a glass half full kind of fan, but I can appreciate the half-empty/worst case scenario side of it too.

Ohio State up 35-30

sure they win alot and probably win this one, even by double digits but their style of play leaves the window open most games for them to get beat

everyone can see another early Purdue exit from the NCAA tourney from here
Lol they’re 23-3 but sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT