ADVERTISEMENT

Collins Postgame Press Conference Today

NiTeKnight

Junior
Nov 28, 2003

Collins said Jeremiah Williams is a Chicago kid that they know well.
Nice to play such great defense without Mag and get a win.
Go RU!

Reactions: DirtyRU

Collins said Jeremiah Williams is a Chicago kid that they know well.
Nice to play such great defense without Mag and get a win.
Go RU!
He actually had things to complain about. Langborg committed a foul, he should have been assessed a flagrant 1, but that was not worthy of ejection from a game, if Mag or JWill got tossed from a game for that I would be pretty pissed. JMike also hit Bouie on the head on the last shot. But you know what, when does Rutgers ever catch a break??? There were bad calls that went in Northwestern’s favor too, but RU did seem to get screwed less than normal tonight. I’ll take it, they never catch a break.

Last edited:
Chris Collins is one of the good guys in the Big Ten like Pike

Still hate stuck up Northwestern people, only school who voted No to adding RU to the Big Ten .. probably because they knew it’d be another athletic program that will pass them by, we brought them misery in football and basketball this year, in different ways

We will need to find the magic bag man for NIL for JWill after this year

Loll if that's the actual rule, why is anyone arguing that it's not a F2? Case closed
Exactly. He clearly meant to throw an elbow to clear space. His left hand was well off the ball. I don’t think he was intending his elbow to land in JMike’s groin. But it did, and that’s a flagrant 2.

That’s not a bad call. But it is a very unlucky call.

Would he be allowed to transfer for a 3rd time without sitting out?
I think in this day and age you can do about anything . We really should have filed suit against ncaa sooner. NCAA loses every legal battle it seems
We are gonna have to pay the man

Reactions: malaka27
Raise your hand if as a Rutgers fan you completely expected the refs to come back from the review and assess the foul on JMike for his nuts being in the cylinder.

<...raises hand...>

We have a history of Big10 refs calling fouls on RU players’ chins connecting with opposing players elbows

So an RU player getting called for his nuts colliding with an opposing players fist? Possible

Did anyone get the feeling that Pike wasn't thrilled with Mag not playing? Seemed a little short when discussing that, just saying that Mag said he couldn't go at the last minute. Nothing about doctors or anything..?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
YES…. And from about 10 feet away it was 1,000,000% intentional.
Agree … and it wasn’t a matter of him swinging the basketball to create space… it looked like it was throwing an elbow while the ball was pretty much cradled in the other hand. The rule is the rule, NW has to live with it just as we would have to if we were the offender.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Scangg
We have a history of Big10 refs calling fouls on RU players’ chins connecting with opposing players elbows

So an RU player getting called for his nuts colliding with an opposing players fist? Possible
I said this exact same thing at the time, that they were reviewing it for so long because they were going to call it a cylinder violation against Davis.

Reactions: RW90
In the presser he clearly said it was Mags call.
"Right before the game THEY said he couldn't play." And then moments later he references "the doctors" after mentioning Noah's injury as well. So to me, that sounds like both were a call on the trainers' part. Pike says THEY. And "the doctors". Here it is at the exact moment he says it:

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
I missed that, not in the press conference I guess?
Yup, see my post above, hit play on the vid and you will here him say THEY, not HE. Sounds like the trainers evaluated Mawot's soreness and made the call. Now is it based on feedback from Mawot? Of course it is. Like any patient, ha. But Pike doesn't say it was Mawot's call. Unless he says that later in the press conference? If so, my apologies.

"Right before the game THEY said he couldn't play." And then moments later he references "the doctors" after mentioning Noah's injury as well. So to me, that sounds like both were a call on the trainers' part. Pike says THEY. And "the doctors". Here it is at the exact moment he says it:

You’re correct, in real time thought he said “he”.

Exactly. He clearly meant to throw an elbow to clear space. His left hand was well off the ball. I don’t think he was intending his elbow to land in JMike’s groin. But it did, and that’s a flagrant 2.

That’s not a bad call. But it is a very unlucky call.
Exactly what happened 💯

And that's the best way to phrase it. It's not a bad call it's just an unlucky unfortunate break for NW

It is what it is though. Take your hand off the ball to throw an elbow and you're responsible for where it lands, intentional or not

I don't know what Steve meant but in the last 5 to 10 years using "they" as singular has become pretty prevalent. Not sure why

Pike knows what he's doing -- Hyatt got the start and extra time because of Mag's injury, but Pike also made a point to say that Hyatt had a great practice the day before. He also praised Oskar for staying ready even though his number has not been called lately.

Loll if that's the actual rule, why is anyone arguing that it's not a F2? Case closed
Anyone who argues it is not an F2 will receive the following punishment, which according to last night's BTN crew, is "a basketball move."

U4940P1DT20141226152637.gif

Because no one knows the rules including players, coaches, talking heads, and TV analysts. Listen to those idiots on the 49ers mic'd up that had no clue about the overtime rules in the freaking Super Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT