ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy Theory? Confirmed

G- RUnit

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2004
Some posters have ripped me on the hoops board but….
B1G should do an investigation. One of the most biased officiating I’ve ever seen.
The bogus calls on RU and no penalties against MSU?
We beat the refs today!!

B1G should do an investigation. One of the most biased officiating I’ve ever seen.
We beat the refs today!!
Hahaha. Every conspiracy theory needs lies to move it forward. All Rutgers penalties came in the first half. Zero in the second half. Rutgers 6 penalties. Michigan State 5

Hahaha. Every conspiracy theory needs lies to move it forward. All Rutgers penalties came in the first half. Zero in the second half. Rutgers 6 penalties. Michigan State 5

Most if not all of the MSU penalties were relatively inconsequential at the time (block in the back during a kickoff, delay of game during kickoff)

Whereas the calls against RU helped MSU move down the field/ kept their drives alive!!

PLUS the MULTIPLE NON-CALLS on MSU in the first half (in particular) - obvious open field hold/drag-down (resulting in first down), two obvious off-sides, the targeting on dremel (same hit that they called targeting on us btw) and the 2nd half uncalled OPI on them in the end zone.

The multiple NON CALLS on MSU in the first half you could argue affected the game more than the calls!!

I knew someone would make this exact argument - made the exact comment to my friend during the game (“you know some idiot on the message board is going to say that the number of calls/ yards was even so it was called fairly”

Sorry buddy. But the timing / nature of the calls makes a HUUUGE difference as do the NON CALLS.

Your point is wrong and silly

The officiating is the first half was absurdly bad in MSU’s favor

Last edited:
No, they were not.
That doesn't mean that female refs are as competent as men.. just that many male refs are also incompetent. I am not suggesting all female refs are incompetent. But, I suppose we need not mention gender at all.. just incompetence... or bias.

Reactions: Kbee3
Most if not all of the MSU penalties were relatively inconsequential at the time (block in the back during a kickoff, delay of game during kickoff)

Whereas the calls against RU helped MSU move down the field/ kept their drives alive!!

PLUS the MULTIPLE NON-CALLS on MSU in the first half (in particular) - obvious open field hold/grag-down (resulting in first down), two obvious off-sides, the targeting on dremel (same hit that they called targeting on us btw) and the 2nd half uncalled OPI on them in the end zone. The NON CALLS on MSU in the first half you could argue affected the game more than the calls!!

I knew someone would make this exact argument - made the exact comment to my friend during the game (“you know some idiot on the message board is going to say that the number of calls/ yards was even so it was called fairly”

Sorry buddy. But the timing / nature of the calls makes a HUUUGE difference as do the NON CALLS.

The timing of MSU penalty in the 2nd half started the turnaround dope!

• Haha
Reactions: Bagarocks
Please , by all means stop with conspiracy thoughts regarding football or anything else. It does not hold up to rational thought in almost all cases.

Was at the game. Biased? I don't know.
Bad? Absolutely!!
2 missed facemasks, and the roughing the passer, BAD!

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Please , by all means stop with conspiracy thoughts regarding football or anything else. It does not hold up to rational thought in almost all cases.

Fwiw - I have never even broached the topic of “conspiracy”

But that first half was not even close to be called fairly .

Conspiracy or not - that is just fact. The MSU fans around us were acknowledging it and apparently there was the same discussion on an MSU message board or blog “the refs love us”

Again conspiracy or not - the first half officiating was REALLY REALLY bad in their favor

PLUS the MULTIPLE NON-CALLS on MSU in the first half (in particular) - obvious open field hold/grag-down (resulting in first down), two obvious off-sides, the targeting on dremel (same hit that they called targeting on us btw) and the 2nd half uncalled OPI on them in the end zone. The NON CALLS on MSU in the first half you could argue affected the game more than the calls!!

So true.

Thank you! One of the worst officiating games I’ve seen since OSU hoops.

Sorry Dude but no rationale explanation.
It was as bad as I’ve ever seen. It absolutely holds up. Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire!

Thank you! One of the worst officiating games I’ve seen since OSU hoops.

Only difference is that it WAS fairly called in the second half - and looked what happened

There is simply NO WAY we come back if the refs continued to **** us like they did in the first half

Totally affected the game

First half they hose us repeatedly- msu leads big

Second half called fairly - we roll back

Can anyone rationally argue that that didn’t happen?

Reactions: G- RUnit
As I said above I am not using the “conspiracy” word but hear me out:

Let’s say they didn’t correct the 15 second clock error at the end (which given this squad could absolutely have happened!!) … and that somehow changes the result.

And the Big10 acknowledges and apologizes to RU for the error the next day (but RU is stuck with the loss)

Have we not heard that story before??!?!!

Conspiracy? Probably not but total lack of respect to the new guys?…. More likely

PLUS the MULTIPLE NON-CALLS on MSU in the first half (in particular) - obvious open field hold/drag-down (resulting in first down), two obvious off-sides, the targeting on dremel (same hit that they called targeting on us btw) and the 2nd half uncalled OPI on them in the end zone.

The multiple NON CALLS on MSU in the first half you could argue affected the game more than the calls!!

Yes it was.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Sorry Dude but no rationale explanation.
It was as bad as I’ve ever seen. It absolutely holds up. Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire!
Whose smoke and whose fire? Because there are bad calls and mistakes doesn’t mean there is a “ conspiracy”.

The Refs were in complete deflection of their duty.
This is total BS
Greg needs to file a complaint and send the video.
Of which penalty in the 2nd half?? You people need to loosen up the aluminum hats!

As for the clock, it was wrong by 2 seconds.

I’m cool.😎

But there was a big (IMO) delay of game clearly missed.

As for the clock, it was wrong by 2 seconds.

I’m cool.😎

But there was a big (IMO) delay of game clearly missed.
The delay of game was really bad. I thought it was obvious and they ended up getting a PI AND a roughing call on it. The others that I'm remembering begin really bad (I've had a few) were the blatant hold on Bailey as he had a clear path to the QB, an incredibly obvious push in the back on Longerbeam that should have been an OPI, the roughing call was terrible. He literally was falling backwards into him after being pushed. The facemask on Monangai was a little less obvious in real time, so I can live with that, but the others were egregious misses IMO, and as others have said, had very real impacts on the game. The targeting was I think by rule. the right call, but as someone who actually likes football, is a god awful interpretation of the rule. YI get trying to protect WRs and QBs who are defenseless, but a LB meeting a RB in the hole should never ever even be subject to targeting. It's crap. Try as you might, you can't legislate violence out of a violent sport. Stop trying. That was a beautiful play by Powell and it sucks he gets dinged for it.

We beat the refs today!!
Good lord.

I’m rewatching the game and there were some calls (or non-calls) that I didn’t notice in person and boy was it bad.

That doesn't mean that female refs are as competent as men.. just that many male refs are also incompetent. I am not suggesting all female refs are incompetent. But, I suppose we need not mention gender at all.. just incompetence... or bias.
What the good Christ is wrong with you

I think the conspiracy is that it happens to Rutgers in every Big 10 game that they play in. Especially against the name brand teams. Each crew seems worse than the last bad crew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT