ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders - State Championship

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Decisions Episode 9 - State Champs

Corey plays serious, game footage. D's up, drains threes, dunks, assists:

Reactions: vascosg
I think the key to a kid like Sanders is to let him be himself. Give structure, but this is who he is. I came away pretty impressed. Agree with Fig, the shot doesn't have that much elevation but that can be taught. The arm, ball mechanics seem to be harder.

Strokes multiple threes, finds the open man, comes in for backup after he sees potential misses from his team mates.

Hopeful for Rutgers Basketball.

I see a kid with a great deal of ability as well as a great deal of childish exuberance. College makes you grow up quick. I think he'll tone down his act as soon as he steps on campus and starts playing with new teammates. I'm sure a few of his new teammates will not want to deal with all his court antics. Here's hoping Lewis, a fifth-year senior and captain, will show the leadership ability to take Sanders aside and let him know what is and what is not appropriate.

Let's hope Lewis does not try to curb this kids enthusiasm. We need Corey to be Corey. Not some drone
I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. The main problem I have with Corey's on-court behavior is his penchant for getting in the face of opponents/smack talking after he makes an exhilarating play. I've seen it numerous times in the various videos I've viewed. He won't get away with that at the college level. In football he would be flagged for a personal foul.

I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. The main problem I have with Corey's on-court behavior is his penchant for getting in the face of opponents/smack talking after he makes an exhilarating play. I've seen it numerous times in the various videos I've viewed. He won't get away with that at the college level. In football he would be flagged for a personal foul.

And he will learn. He doesn't want to spend his whole college career on the bench.

He'll fit right in in New Jersey. You gotta problem wit that?

Reactions: AD888
He has to tone it down here. No elevation on his shot could also be a problem.

I think you're nitpicking a bit. You should be excited that he's coming here!

Shot arc looks fine. He's a good shooter with good range. Do you mean he shoots a set shot? If so, then yes, he'll have to change that.

He plays good on-ball D & help D. He looks for teammates. He crashes the boards. He's in a state championship game. All stuff to love.

If he mouths off in the B1G, he'll get an extra shot to the ribs while cutting across the lane, and will probably learn a lesson.

We've had plenty of guards with less talent who didn't show as much interest on the defensive end as Corey shows in all these clips. Can't wait to watch him at the RAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT