ADVERTISEMENT

Could the Game be Postponed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would have to be in the immediate vicinity of the stadium and be very bad. I think as long as the teams can make it to the stadium the would still play.

raritan almost surely gonna flood. Will that effect it?

With this crazy rain and weather would they consider moving the game to Friday?
Game will be played. Too many factors at work and Temple is right down the road, so travel isn’t an issue on either end. Rain moves out by midnight and preparations continue. I’ve already got two folding chairs in my trunk and there’s no turning back now.

Is river road at risk of flooding? I know Johnson park will be flooded as usual

Reactions: RU22
Raritan flooding and River Road is the concern. Plus the grass lots will be mush. Moving to Friday gives it an extra day to dry out and let people get their power back and basements pumped out.

Reactions: RutgersFan2021
Raritan flooding and River Road is the concern. Plus the grass lots will be mush. Moving to Friday gives it an extra day to dry out and let people get their power back and basements pumped out.

grass lots being mush has zero impact.

my concern would be raritan flooding too.

I'm sure the Big Ten Network will be completely understanding about that. Plus all of the HS teams who are playing there on Friday won't be bothered at all having their games cancelled.

I'm sure the Big Ten Network will be completely understanding about that. Plus all of the HS teams who are playing there on Friday won't be bothered at all having their games cancelled.

big ten net would be fine. There’s there Friday night game. Fox would probably prefer it Friday.

it may be “just rain” to you. Very good.

there’s hundreds or thousands of people effected tonight by flooding, tornadoes.

l
My heart goes out to these folks. But..
  1. Football is probably the last thing on their minds right now.
  2. One day is not going to make any difference to them.

I would guess that many high school games will be canceled.

River Riad is already flooded and impassable with about 4 hours of rain left. It's no slam dunk that people (including the teams) will be able to get to the stadium.

Anybody seen those damned unicorns: I need to get them on the ark.

I don’t think it’s an absurd question.

The Raritan River, Route 18 and NB have flooded in the past, to the point of being impassable.

Seems like there has been some unprecedented rainfall in a short period of time, there are currently flood emergencies up and the rain isn’t over yet. There is also always a lag with flooding of rivers and streams, just because it’s not at flood stage now doesn’t mean it can’t be in 12-24 hours.

I don’t think it’s an absurd question.

The Raritan River, Route 18 and NB have flooded in the past, to the point of being impassable.

Seems like there has been some unprecedented rainfall in a short period of time, there are currently flood emergencies up and the rain isn’t over yet. There is also always a lag with flooding of rivers and streams, just because it’s not at flood stage now doesn’t mean it can’t be in 12-24 hours.

and according to posts it is a flood now.

this reminds me of the “can the ncaa Tourny be postponed” thread from 2020. All lots of laughing and making fun in that one too.

certainly not out of the question. Let’s hope not!

Not sure why people are discounting the possibility... Obviously there is still a lot of time before the game and we've had plenty of bad storms before... But listening to the scanner now - 18 is flooded in multiple locations in EB, flooding in multiple locations in Highland Park, NB, and Edison, water rescues being made, etc...

River Riad is already flooded and impassable with about 4 hours of rain left. It's no slam dunk that people (including the teams) will be able to get to the stadium.
How so? The Lynch Bridge goes over River Road and one can enter the Busch Campus at Campus Road. Even if Temple is staying Piscataway, they can come in off of 287 and down Hoes lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT