ADVERTISEMENT

Could the Game be Postponed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a postponement can be ruled out at this point. The flooding of the Raritan is going to be a major issue. The runoff from all the other waterways into the Raritan is going to cause major issues tomorrow.

Guys, the game can not be moved to this weekend. Rumble on The Raritan is this weekend. 24 high school teams are playing in Rutgers Stadium starting Friday at 11:00.

I think we have to consider that the Team that actually "owns" the stadium may have priority over HS games they are hosting. But yeah it does add another twist to the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
My heart goes out to OP. Imagine living your life in fear like that. We had some rain the day before a football game let’s cancel it

we have a clear leader in worst post of the year
This is an overreaction. Nobody is living in fear. People are simply discussing the possible impacts from a very severe storm. While we all hope the game is unaffected, it is far from certain.

This storm is bad man, alot worse than anticipated.

areas that arent flood zones are getting flooded. People trapped in cars. Its very bad. Newark airport has 3 feet of water in terminal B

If I’m reading that correctly, the river is forecast to reach major flood stage prior to the game tomorrow. Which is not surprising at all. If true, then while the game might not be cancelled or postponed, it might force some serious shuffling by RU to route everybody to the high side of the stadium only, Might be various fire codes or other things that prevent the game.

What exactly do you mean by “routing them to the high side of the stadium?” Are you talking about for parking? Even if the river floods Johnson Park it’s not like it’s going to flood all the way up the staircase in front of the student end zone, right? That’s way too high that would be like tsunami stuff.

Reactions: newell138
There has been basically nothing in Ocean County, but if there is going to be a postponement, make it early in the morning. Some people drive from out of state to come to our games.

Reactions: cicero grimes
If Route 18 is flooded out tomorrow the game will most likely have to be moved. Not saying it’s going to happen but it’s not out of the question.

No one can say for certain what Route 18 will look like tomorrow. The rain is still coming down and more headed to NB.

Some people in this thread could really look like aholes by tomorrow lol.

wait so this is how it works, if the game is cancelled then its okay to call people aholes

but if its not cancelled then its okay to call people aholes because I can guarantee you that you would be the first one crying about it

wtf is wrong with you..its a message board, people can have opinions on whats going to happen

This was not a "Historic" storm - lots of rain yes - lots of flooding yes. But this has occurred many times. The only difference is now we get deluged with Nixle, Amazon, and NWS alerts on our phones. Of course, I am english and the brits never panic.

Listen I’ll admit my initial reaction to the OP may have been a tad knee-jerk, an hour ago, but even hearing some of the reports from some parts of the states that are coming in it will still take a hell of a lot to reschedule this game.

• Haha
Reactions: tRUncheon
What exactly do you mean by “routing them to the high side of the stadium?” Are you talking about for parking? Even if the river floods Johnson Park it’s not like it’s going to flood all the way up the staircase in front of the student end zone, right? That’s way too high that would be like tsunami stuff.
Didn’t it flood all the way up and about 4 feet high at the river road entrance back a few years? That was either a hurricane or tropical storm. This storm didn’t have the winds, but did have crazy amounts of rainfall.

Reactions: Greg2020
We are going to wake up tomorrow to some ugly scenes I think. Towns will be under water. 10" of rain possible. Its already a disaster in many surrounding towns.

Reactions: Greg2020
wait so this is how it works, if the game is cancelled then its okay to call people aholes

but if its not cancelled then its okay to call people aholes because I can guarantee you that you would be the first one crying about it

wtf is wrong with you..its a message board, people can have opinions on whats going to happen

its more of how people display their opinions than the opinions themeselves which make people A-holes.

OP was crushed for not even having an opinion..but for just asking a question,

I think we have to consider that the Team that actually "owns" the stadium may have priority over HS games they are hosting. But year it does add another twist to the situation.
No it doesn’t matter.
ocean city was hosting games Sunday and it flooded . They were able to move games day of. This is not a factor

Reactions: newell138
This was not a "Historic" storm - lots of rain yes - lots of flooding yes. But this has occurred many times. The only difference is now we get deluged with Nixle, Amazon, and NWS alerts on our phones. Of course, I am english and the brits never panic.

This kind of storm is unprecedented. NWS declaring flash flood emergencies for first time ever in some areas. The terrible flooding occurring in so many different areas. Rain amounts in this time frame going to be records.

Maybe you should go read over page 1 of this thread. Bunch of people attacking the OP when he asked a very valid and important question. The initial responses were laughing and basically trying to make the OP as a moron.

One poster brought up COVID. One poster said it could be worst OP by even thinking it was a possibility.

I never said it would get cancelled and I’m be pissed as hell if it gets cancelled.

If you don’t think the initial responses it this thread we’re ahole like then you’re just as bad as them. Grow up.

4" in the last hour in Bergen 6.5 over the last 6. Power in my condo hanging by a thread as there's flooding in the basement setting off alarms which brought out the FD.

Didn’t it flood all the way up and about 4 feet high at the river road entrance back a few years? That was either a hurricane or tropical storm. This storm didn’t have the winds, but did have crazy amounts of rainfall.
I have yet to figure out how to post a picture on this site since they updated it, lol, but looks like that would take a SERIOUS flood to get up over those steps and into the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT