ADVERTISEMENT

Could the Game be Postponed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to OP. Imagine living your life in fear like that. We had some rain the day before a football game let’s cancel it

we have a clear leader in worst post of the year
f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

I would say so. It's expected to crest early this afternoon and then begin receding. You'll have roughly 42 hours before the lots open for a 12pm kickoff. You'll still have trapped standing water but it'll be receded by then.

I would expect no Johnson Park--ing for this weekend at least maybe for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: koleszar
I look forward to your realignment posts.

However, this idea that cancelling a game at Rutgers when Route 18 is closed is somehow a “deep state” effort, makes me giggle.
that is not what he is saying. what he is saying is the overall view of any calamity rising to the level of national tragedy requiring stopping/slowing progress etc. I'ts not this event per se. imho

I would expect no Johnson Park--ing for this weekend at least maybe for a couple of weeks.
Yea that'll take a while to dry out, it becomes a marsh after flooding. No way you're driving cars on that for a few weeks.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Game will be played. Too many factors at work and Temple is right down the road, so travel isn’t an issue on either end. Rain moves out by midnight and preparations continue. I’ve already got two folding chairs in my trunk and there’s no turning back now.
Didn't age well

Reactions: Ridge 22
that is not what he is saying. what he is saying is the overall view of any calamity rising to the level of national tragedy requiring stopping/slowing progress etc. I'ts not this event per se. imho

Got it. I stand in complete agreement with the idea that we are getting softer as a nation. That’s not even debatable at this point. I just wouldn’t have used this incident to support that. You need a watercraft to get the the stadium.
Again though, if that was his premise, I get it from the big picture standpoint.

It’s not so much you and others were wrong.

its how you and others responded to the OP..as if he were an absolute idiot to question the status of the game.
AT THE TIME it seemed very far-fetched, yes, hence my responses (I'll stick to my guns on that one). HOWEVER, once we heard the Piscataway Police requested "no fans," I knew there was little chance Greg would play that game as such hence my immediate change in tone and apology to @TrueRU.

AT THE TIME it seemed very far-fetched, yes, hence my responses (I'll stick to my guns on that one). HOWEVER, once we heard the Piscataway Police requested "no fans," I knew there was little chance Greg would play that game as such hence my immediate change in tone and apology to @TrueRU.

it wasn’t far fetched at the time. Seeing videos online and hearing flood forecasts..it was a very big possibility.

Hear ya but people get very emotional over RU Football, it’s an escape too in today’s climate.

I don’t think some realized how much rain was falling in parts of the state too.

People let their emotions overshadow reality way too much..especially on social media where they are anonymous.

which is why social media sucks

For has she not stood
Since the time of… we’ll, right now
On the banks of the old Raritan

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Post of the day - you win the thread. Just edged out the Crow meal.

Reactions: OTBOTOR
My heart goes out to OP. Imagine living your life in fear like that. We had some rain the day before a football game let’s cancel it

we have a clear leader in worst post of the year
Yes. We now have a clear leader in worst post of the year.

(But your eating crow post could make a case for best post of the year…kudus)

Reactions: thegock and leonh71
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT