ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Breslauer stepping down

RocktheRac

Heisman Winner
Sep 10, 2001
I thought I'd post this as separate from Dick Lloyds retirement thread.

Effective May 17, Danny Breslauer will be stepping down from his broadcasting positions. Danny has been admitted into NYU-Stern's MBA program where he will transition into a career in media corporate strategy. Best of luck Danny in the future and thanks for covering Rutgers sports. It has been a pleasure listening to you over the years.

Best of luck to Dan. Hopefully he will be national before long. He is so good at what he does, he deserves a shot.

Danny will be missed.Maybe its time to bring back Bruce Johnson.

Good luck to Danny. I remember when he was such a fan he would get sick during games..lol. He has come along way. His work at WRSU and then later for R Vision and broadcasting RU womens hoops was nothing short of outstanding. Hopefully one day he returns back someday and takes over broadcasting duties for RU hoops and football.

Very talented kid -- seems strange to say this, but his going for an NYU MBA with a concentration that will put him behind the scene seems a waste of an unusual talent. Best of luck to him anyway; hopefully he will demonstrate the same skill in his new chosen pursuit.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

... he was such a fan he would get sick during games..
I get sick watching the games too
dead.r191677.gif

Wow. I really thought he had a bright future in broadcasting. Happy for him if that is what he wants to do.

Is he the guy who did the women's game on WCTC this year in the B1G tourney?

I heard somebody on my way to work doing the Northwestern game. He was very good.

Same guy?

Originally posted by RocktheRac:
I thought I'd post this as separate from Dick Lloyds retirement thread.

Effective May 17, Danny Breslauer will be stepping down from his broadcasting positions. Danny has been admitted into NYU-Stern's MBA program where he will transition into a career in media corporate strategy. Best of luck Danny in the future and thanks for covering Rutgers sports. It has been a pleasure listening to you over the years.
That was him. He is incredible talent. I'm friends with the guy and can say he has a memory of RU sports that is encyclopedia like, and there is not a bigger fan and cheerleader of RU out there. He'll do well wherever he goes.

I don't chime in very often around here anymore, but for this, it's worth it. I remember watching Danny grow up at the games more than a decade ago and am proud to know him. He's a wonderful broadcaster, person and Rutgers alum. I have no doubt he will wildly succeed in this new pursuit as well.

ScarletNation,

Thank you so much for your support over the years during my sports broadcasting career. While at WRSU, WCTC & RVision, it was great to know that the Rutgers community was behind me and enjoyed my work. It was a true team effort at RVision since 2009 and it has been an incredible experience. Rutgers Athletics put together an excellent tribute today and I hope it also answers some of your questions about my life chapter decision:

http://www.scarletknights.com/genrel/051515aac.html

As I head to NYU-Stern next month to get my MBA and transition into broadcast media management, I can't promise I'll be posting like the old days... but as always, I'll bleed scarlet and take in every game as a diehard Rutgers fan. Hope all of you are well and Go RU!

Best wishes,

Danny Breslauer (aka "rutgersfandan")

Good to see that rutgersfandan up on the board one last time!

Best of luck to you sir...in all your future endeavors!

ScarletNation,

Thank you so much for your support over the years during my sports broadcasting career. While at WRSU, WCTC & RVision, it was great to know that the Rutgers community was behind me and enjoyed my work. It was a true team effort at RVision since 2009 and it has been an incredible experience. Rutgers Athletics put together an excellent tribute today and I hope it also answers some of your questions about my life chapter decision:

As I head to NYU-Stern next month to get my MBA and transition into broadcast media management, I can't promise I'll be posting like the old days... but as always, I'll bleed scarlet and take in every game as a diehard Rutgers fan. Hope all of you are well and Go RU!

Best wishes,

Dan

I gave you a like so you'll be batting 1.000 (2 posts / 2 likes....)...maybe that's your slugging percentage.

Best of luck....and remember "Nobody Ever Died For Dear Ol Rutgers"....but there have been several who've wound up in the ICU!

MO:cool:

Best of luck Dan. I know you will do well. Hopefully you can still come around for some of our games. It would be great if you could break in at ESPN or some other major sports media position. I know you will be better and will work harder than many that already have one of these jobs.

ScarletNation,

Best wishes,

Dan has always been a class act. Enjoy this next chapter in your life.

Danny,

Always enjoyed your work. All the best to you as you move on to your next chapter. Keep up the great work!!

Dan: wishing you all the success in the world, academically and personally .

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. They mean a lot.

I would not be opposed to the career path proposed by rutgersguy1. I look forward to representing my alma mater well in all aspects of life!

* And yes, Upstream... those Draft Picks chicken fingers were very good. We'll make it happen.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. They mean a lot.

I would not be opposed to the career path proposed by rutgersguy1. I look forward to representing my alma mater well in all aspects of life!

* And yes, Upstream... those Draft Picks chicken fingers were very good. We'll make it happen.
I never understood how you were almost thrown out of Draft Picks because you were under 21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT