ADVERTISEMENT

Darian Dailey Dismissed From Rutgers

Wasted his career for armed burgulary for $10.

Thats how much they were stealing between him and his criminal buddy. $20 that would be split between them two.

I guess it was too hard to say no. Not growing up in that environment I have no idea what its like. Stupid decision regardless, hopefully he can get another chance somewhere to play football and get a degree.

He'll be getting out of prison as a 29 year old convicted felon by the time he's ready to get his life together

Right thing to do but man do I wish that kid made some better choices for himself. He wasted a chance to shine this upcoming season. Hope he gets his life together from here on out.

Ughhh come on kid. Use your head! Had a potential shot to play in the pros and a guaranteed excellent college degree. Now you're just a statistic... over 20 dollars. Sad and frustrating. Really hope he's able to turn his life around. Hate watching young guys mess their entire lives up over stupidity.

I guess it was too hard to say no. Not growing up in that environment I have no idea what its like. Stupid decision regardless, hopefully he can get another chance somewhere to play football and get a degree.

Too hard to say no to armed robbery while Dailey is the driver of the vehicle ? You've got some imagination.

Reactions: bac2therac
Seperate process, and normally follows at a later date.

yes,separate process. Rutgers may have changed its rules since the last time I looked at them, but an off-campus offense can be grounds for university disciplinary action if Rutgers thinks the perpetrator would be a danger to the campus community. With armed robbery, there is no doubt he'd be a danger.

Reactions: mal359 and redking
Ughhh come on kid. Use your head! Had a potential shot to play in the pros and a guaranteed excellent college degree. Now you're just a statistic... over 20 dollars. Sad and frustrating. Really hope he's able to turn his life around. Hate watching young guys mess their entire lives up over stupidity.

This! What a stupid and wasteful decision - hope he can turn his life around sooner rather than later.

I guess it was too hard to say no. Not growing up in that environment I have no idea what its like. .

Millions and Millions of people grow up in "that environment", yet almost all don't resort to armed robbery.

Its really not hard to figure out.

Flood probably had little choice since this kid got enrolled in a competing 'program' for at least the near future. Its not clear if he is guilty of anything more then being a kid with a knucklehead friend and a wild night got out of hand. Reports have him being the driver, and not the one holding the pellet gun or doing the talking. Had he simply gone crab leg shopping with Jameis Winston he would have had a very different future immediately ahead of him, but even Winston wouldn't have skated on a situation with a gun. Bet of luck to him.

Back in 2011 there was some talk and reports on the role of gangs in college sports.. I don't know that this is the case here.. but it would be a very good thing for the sport if even hints of membership in a gang prevented even the most talented athletes from getting recruited.

That CBS story was largely based on this study, which was linked in the story above. I'd love to know what the top programs have done on the heels of this study.

The NCAA clearinghouse should have a higher standard. No one gets through without voluntarily releasing their juvenile records. That won't catch them all, but it would be a good start. It would add one more reason for kids with athletic aspirations to say no to gangs right from the start.

Last edited:
Millions and Millions of people grow up in "that environment", yet almost all don't resort to armed robbery.

Its really not hard to figure out.

Anyone who has ever been to Bradenton, FL knows that it's not the type of inner city environment being referenced. Armed robbery is rare in that area.

I hope he gets a second chance at another school and gets his act together. Good move by Coach Flood.

The right thing to do but disappointing that it's one of our own. If he made it to Rutgers because his family pushed him and tried hard to keep him on the right path, then I feel bad for his parent(s) most of all.

Anyone who has ever been to Bradenton, FL knows that it's not the type of inner city environment being referenced. Armed robbery is rare in that area.

This lol. You're probably safer in Bradenton than Hamilton Township or Long Branch.

Flood probably had little choice since this kid got enrolled in a competing 'program' for at least the near future. Its not clear if he is guilty of anything more then being a kid with a knucklehead friend and a wild night got out of hand. Reports have him being the driver, and not the one holding the pellet gun or doing the talking. Had he simply gone crab leg shopping with Jameis Winston he would have had a very different future immediately ahead of him, but even Winston wouldn't have skated on a situation with a gun. Bet of luck to him.

wild night got out of had = armed robbery ???

Your wild nights out are different from mine

Reactions: JQRU91
Glad to see this happen. Sorry that it took so long to arrive at this decision. It strikes me as pretty cut and dry that his actions were not those that Rutgers could look the other way on.

Assuming he's not in jail until his late 20s I hope he gets his life straight and gets another chance, but not at Rutgers.

Reactions: JQRU91
yeah, I just do not understand the people here that are making lame excuses for this guy.

My post was not to excuse his behavior more of a I can't imagine what its like growing up in that environment. We all did stupid things at that age but a stupid thing for me never involved armed robbery. Its sad for him and his family.

BM-pbLkCIAA28gK.jpg

time to get the sign up here?.....violation on number 4 and 5!!!!

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT