ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing soccer news

MamaRU

Redshirt
Sep 10, 2013
Not to be the bearer of bad tidings but I heard from a colleague that the soccer program will lose at least one starter this fall to academic issues.

Disappointing to say the least but I am intrigued to see what some of the newcomers have to offer...I don't see anyone starting right away with all the guys we bring back other than possibly Lurie who transferred in from Louisville/Portland. However I really want to see the Jordanian kid who played at Chievo Verona and Inter Milan, and the 6-5 Jamaican kid should be a force as well in the midfield.

Disappointing to say the least but I am intrigued to see what some of the newcomers have to offer...I don't see anyone starting right away with all the guys we bring back other than possibly Lurie who transferred in from Louisville/Portland. However I really want to see the Jordanian kid who played at Chievo Verona and Inter Milan, and the 6-5 Jamaican kid should be a force as well in the midfield.
Really souring on Donigan.

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings but I heard from a colleague that the soccer program will lose at least one starter this fall to academic issues.

Will not be happy if the program loses players due to academics, wtf.

If players become ineligible due to academics it is theirown fault. The help and assistance is there and readily available. Let's not blame the coach all of the time. Some kids never learn or are just too lazy or preoccupied with other things. Rutgers is not a picnic school if one is serious about getting an education.

Last edited:
Of players become ineligible due yo academics it is theirown fault. The help and assistance is there znd readily available. Let's not blame the coach all of the time. Some kids never learn or are just too lazy or preoccupied with other things. Rutgers is not a picnic school if one is serious about getting an education.
+1

Disappointing to say the least but unfortunately the news is accurate . A key player for sure.

Is this the last year of Donigan's deal? I think he needs to be at least on the bubble for the NCAA tournament to keep his job. Rutgers usually does a pretty good job supporting its stars academically so this individual must have really either struggled or not put forth the effort. While it may not be fair to criticize Donigan for this, it is his recruit and occurring on his watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT