ADVERTISEMENT

Does Rutgers stand a chance with 4-star qb Gavin Wimsatt ?

Us, Cincy or Kentucky—family just came to Piscataway on their own dime. If he didn’t like what Schiano had to say, I don’t see a family coming all the way from the western part of Kentucky and spending all that money.
He will be a nice get .Haven't had a B1G time potential guy for too long.GO GET HIM GREG.

I hope GW realizes when he is at school he will be away from home anyway. It is just like swimming, if you can swim in 6 ft. of water you can swim in 600 ft. of water. His mother seems to be down, and he has bonded with coaches and players. I think he realizes he is in a better situation to play at RU as well. I say the game changer is this recruiting class.

Mark Stoops been at Kentucky for 8 years. Has he ever been on the hot seat?

Kentucky plays very conservatively on offense, defense, and special teams. Opposing coaches talk about Kentucky in terms of "you know what they're going to do," and "they know who they want to be."

That means Kentucky has an identity, and the identity is run the ball, eat clock, accept punts and field position, protect your defense, and force your style of football onto your opponent.

To those who would suggest that Stoops "will never change," and that this kind of offense and this kind of conservative coaching will characterize all of his future teams at Kentucky, I'd just say that we can't know that for sure.

I do admit to wondering if Stoops has really internalized this need to change the offense. He was very sure of the old method, which is the current one, and may not be keen on the idea of making fundamental changes. Part of me wonders if he wants to get through this season, into a more conventional schedule, and continue doing things the way that won them games from 2016-2019.

It's clear to me that Kentucky needs to start catching up to the trend in college football and beyond college in order to have a chance to get back on track as a program.

Quarterbacks and wide receivers are the most important players on the field in the new college game.

Last edited:
Kentucky new offensive coordinator is Liam Coen, previously LA Rams asst coach. No Power 5 experience and most likely pro style offense.

Reactions: RealNinja
Evan Simon and Cole Snyder would disagree with you.

Initially I thought this to.
Not so sure after last season when OC Gleeson or Greg didn’t give either one a chance to play in any game ..especially when Noah got injured.

Reactions: Greg2020
There was no reason to play Simon when he didn't have the benefit of spring practice or training camp to get ready and the year didn't count towards his eligibility. So expecting him to be given a chance to play because Vedral was hurt with 2 other QBs ahead of him is silly when his only reps were running the scout team against the defense.

There was no reason to play Simon when he didn't have the benefit of spring practice or training camp to get ready and the year didn't count towards his eligibility. So expecting him to be given a chance to play because Vedral was hurt with 2 other QBs ahead of him is silly when his only reps were running the scout team against the defense.

Then let’s see who gets time this season at QB.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Yuuup, that makes it official for me. To me that reads that Wimsatt and Brown are aware of each other's commitments and will be coming out w/ videos any day. LETS GO!

dear lord what a monumental moment in history that would be for RU football !!

I’m checking this thread 3x a day for updates on Gavin. We need a top dynamic QB so badly. It’ll change everything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT