ADVERTISEMENT

Email Regarding Rutgers Alumni Verification

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Has anyone else continually received this email from Donna K. Thornton & the Rutgers Alumni Association asking to call and verify your information with them?

As a football/basketball season ticket holder, they obviously have my information. They also have my info in other regards as I get mailings from them.

Do I need to call them to get this verified? It is a 1-800 phone number to call, so I am guessing this is done outside of RU. I don't really know if I need to do this. Has anyone gone through with it?

I called and answered all their questions. They are basically doing an alumni guide, so they will ask you questions about your current status as well as a few questions about your time at Rutgers. And then they will try to sell you the guide for something like $130.

I called and answered all their questions. They are basically doing an alumni guide, so they will ask you questions about your current status as well as a few questions about your time at Rutgers. And then they will try to sell you the guide for something like $130.
What questions did they ask?

All schools seem to be doing that right now. I got a similar email from my school (I did not go to Rutgers). Most likely the same 3rd party.

They are updating your alumni info for several reasons. Mainly to help stay in touch and of course to fund raise. From the info they have or obtain they now mail, email, call and send various info to alumni some of which is annoying and some of which is helpful.

I really do not think.there is any exchange of information between the ticket office and alumni records since I do not believe that the ticket office differentiates between alumni and non.alumni. Also I am sure they have different ID base numbers which makes cross checking more complicated.

Obviously having the info requested is big help but since they have it then it can annoying when you get solicitation calls in the middle of dinner etc. But overall it's the basic glue that holds us together and often an excellent way to stay in contact with classmates and friends.

RU62 didn't get an email. He got a phone call from Alexander Bell.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep. Some people are getting post cards, others are getting e-mails. Like RU62 noted, basically the University is attempting to update all of their alumni and Foundation database. Whatever is in Athletics' DB and any other orgs. within the University are silos that other orgs. do not have access to. Damn frustrating.

Anyways, the third-party company doing this has very professional staff going through the content with those who respond. The opportunity is present to buy a huge honking book with all the names and contact info and/or a CD once the project is done. a chance to get a copy of the info. for their professional use. They did something similar several years ago.

I went through it. Rather harmless. They confirm the name they have on file, your contact information, and what info you want included in the book and on the CD. If you don't respond, my understanding is that they go with whatever info is on file unless you have previously asked Alumni Relations to keep it private. Some of the questions are actually interesting as you have the chance to define what you do and your connection to the University.

You can also tell them to omit certain questions / answers from your profile (if you have them set one up for you at all).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT