ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Minnesota

It was a good defensive performance, especially where we had to step up.

So happy to get that WIN! We really needed it and we did not play well.

Actually our second team didn’t play well. First team played great defense and came through. Harper needs to learn how to box out and we won’t let up another offense I’ve rebound

Now that we won, I'm still scratching my head with Pike's substitutions. Both major substitutions in the first half and second half had Minny going on big runs. He's got to stop that $hit. Stop worrying about guys getting their minutes. If they play well reward them and let them stay out there. But if they turn into a TO machine or play selfishly or no D then take them out right away.
Who are you going to play though. Our starters can play tough d at the end because they aren’t gassed. You need to put the subs in and hold your nose at this point.

To me - the team fighting through that bad bounce, sloppy game, to come back with a Geo clutch jump shot, Harper clutch FTs, and a clutch RU defensive stand is huge for the mentality and momentum of the team.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
It's a W. And it's a Quad 2 one so it's good to have on our notches. (even though quality win wise, I think we got what we needed there)

Just need 3 (or 2?) more...
I think we need 3 more. Go at least 10-10 and we're in. Personally I see 4 more wins on the schedule.

If Geo played the entire game like those last 3mins we win this game easily. He needs to attack more and stop being lazy

Reactions: RU MAN
Who are you going to play though. Our starters can play tough d at the end because they aren’t gassed. You need to put the subs in and hold your nose at this point.
This. It was definitely a case of "hope to go up big and then hold on when tired" or "limit the bleeding for a couple minutes, then finish strong". Second team is playing weak right now.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT