ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Penn State

Picture a large rectangle, now cut a slightly smaller rectangle out of the middle, leaving a very thin border. We only run plays to that very thin border. It's not only very limited, it's very predictable.

I think gavin’s pass may have been slightly tipped at line of scrimmage. Anyone get a good look at it?

Well we know he's playing next week hence why I said 4 games.

If we some how win against MD he won't be able to play in the bowl game and keep his red shirt.
I realize that but seems like you said 4 games. I would take that as of now. And he was in the game two times earlier. He will not play in 5 games this year. Either MD or bowl but not both.

I realize that but seems like you said 4 games. I would take that as of now. And he was in the game two times earlier. He will not play in 5 games this year. Either MD or bowl but not both.
We aren't winning against Maryland with Noah at the helm unless the defense forces 6 turnovers like they did against Indiana.

There’s no way this team deserves a bowl game, it’s like giving out a participation trophy, but I do realize the importance of getting more reps for the upcoming players.
We'll find out next week.

Why are those heroic defensive dudes on the field? They did a day's work already>

Lol at anyone defending Vedral today.

How do you explain the blown screen passes for Christ's sake?

He can't make routine throws with any type of consistency. The offense for some reason is tailored to his extreeeeemly limited skill set and that makes it look like we aren't even trying most of the time.

It's a joke. 30+ guys sick for PSU and because our QB suckes they still win. And yes, you blind, apologetic morons, he does suck.

Think about this, Scored 38 last week and in 4 years vs Penn State have scored I think 21.

Lol at anyone defending Vedral today.

How do you explain the blown screen passes for Christ's sake?

He can't make routine throws with any type of consistency. The offense for some reason is tailored to his extreeeeemly limited skill set and that makes it look like we aren't even trying most of the time.

It's a joke. 30+ guys sick for PSU and because our QB suckes they still win. And yes, you blind, apologetic morons, he does suck.
30+ players didn’t dress for the game?

someone ask coach or oc... or vedral... when psu comes out on the first 2 plays with 8 in the box.. why did we run it anyway?

on the first 3rd an long, we did a qb draw.. why? this question, i think, is moot compated to the first question.

my guess is the answer us the same... we cannot throw the ball.. don't trust it.

I remember during a post game interview last
year, the reporter asked Schiano why not play
SKI more often, seeing that he is moving the ball, throwing touchdowns playing very well.
Schiano says no, he is not made for this system and I must use who I think can play the system.
Basically he said he rather lose then play Sitkowski, Well Ash heap got his way.
No wonder no other team in the country wanted him. He is the worse coach in football.

Last edited:
I notice that when PSU (or most other teams) throw an outlet pass, either there are NO defensive players nearby, or the other team's offense has two or three guys ready to block. When RU does one, there is either one small guy out there to block, or nobody out there to block, or the other team has already read the play and has three defenders ready to pounce. Is that because our playcalling is too predictable, our plays take too long to develop, our guys miss their assignments, some combination of everything? It's uncanny.

Last edited:
Reactions: rurichdog
We can’t throw, true. But even if we could, you’d see the same playcalling because we need to shorten games and keep the clock running to avoid 80 point losses

I notice that when PSU (or most other teams) throw an outlet pass, either there are NO defensive players nearby, or the other team's offense has two or three guys ready to block. When RU does one, there is either one small gut out there to block, or nobody out there to block, or the other team has already read the play and has three defenders ready to pounce. Is that because our playcalling is too predictable, our plays take too long to develop, our guys miss their assignments, some combination of everything? It's uncanny.
Because we can’t run the ball. If your safety doesn’t have to commit to stop the run, he can sit back and read those WR screens.

Yes they were out sick for the game including three starters on the o line and the 2nd string Qb
Didn’t hear that on TV or pregame reports. I’m surprised they can field a team with 30 kids missing.

No that's a lack of depth.
Not true.. not lack of depth (which may be true but is not relevant to this loss) we ran 50 plays, PSU ran 74, That is, our D had to play 74 plays.. against a struggling offense... that had good field position most of the game.

The D is on the field waaaaay too long.. and that is on the offense.

Reactions: RU-AGK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT