ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin's First Season as a Starter was an Unmitigated Success

Sure,

Sure, I guess Schiano needs to find us some WRs with 5ft verticals or go out and find us some athletic 10 ft tall WRs...
I’d love to hear his answer to recruits who want to return punts too. Probably something like “well, we don’t return punts. Above all else I’m interested in player safety and that’s too dangerous. But we do practice fair catch signals. I’ve seen your tape. You look like you’d be great at signalling fair catches.’

Reactions: RUShea
So Schiano and Kirk are recruiting a portal P5 starting qb to back-up Wimsatt? That's your story?
Are they really recruiting for a true competition ? I mean, really ? Who knows. It’s not outrageous to be looking for decent backup, and it’s up to AK. He didn’t commit as far as we know.

I think next year’s QB1 is already decided. Anyone who thinks otherwise is also just guessing

Stop .
If we had a teel or hart this team is 8-4

Then the bowl is a toss up . Can he get better ?? Yes

But 7-6 as a starter with the second hardest schedule in the country ….people here say how great nova was with a better supporting cast, the best OC rutgers ever had, and he went 8-5 as a senior . So gw gets credit . But he can be better

Last edited:
Reactions: motorb54
Are they really recruiting for a true competition ? I mean, really ? Who knows. It’s not outrageous to be looking for decent backup, and it’s up to AK. He didn’t commit as far as we know.

I think next year’s QB1 is already decided. Anyone who thinks otherwise is also just guessing
According to Richie they are recruiting for a true competition. You have something to refute that?

• We won at least 7 Games for the first time since 2014
    • 11 rushes for 87 yards vs VT
    • 16 rushes for 143 yards vs Indiana
    • Made key throws to win MSU Game
    • had a 58.6% Completion Rate vs Northwestern
  • He had 11 rushing touchdowns and 9 passing touchdowns, to go along with 8 interceptions
  • Had had 1,735 passing yards
  • Had 497 rushing yards
  • was only sacked 14 times all year
  • Passing completion % was 47.8%
  • played well enough for Rutgers to be competitive against Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, and Penn State till team ran out of gas in the fourth quarter
  • Had a significant proportion of Rutgers 2,193 rushing yards
  • Only 19 and will work hard in the offseason to get better
  • He improves his ability to complete short passes, he will achieve the desired passing completion rate
    • Needs to average 2 more completions a game to average a 55% passing completion percentage rate
    • Needs to average 3 more completions a game to average a 60% passing completion percentage rate
That's "WINSATT" baby and don't you forget it!!

According to Richie they are recruiting for a true competition. You have something to refute that?
Easy to say that, but actions speak louder than words. We will see. What do you think occurred:
1. No offer.
2. Offer not accepted.
3. Silent commit.
4. Other (explain)

I’ve used the analogy ‘kick the tires’. I think what happened was, AK visited to kick the tires just like all visitors do. And he didn’t feel he’d be given a real opportunity to compete so he’s now looking elsewhere. Who knows, maybe Simon told him the deal about Schiano ‘competitions’.

I don’t believe for a second he’d turn us down if he felt he’d have a real opportunity with his former OC.

Therefore, my opinion is unless a silent commit (but why ?) he doesn’t believe the opportunity exists.

Alternate explanations are also guesses.

Last edited:
Easy to say that, but actions speak louder than words. We will see. What do you think occurred:
1. No offer.
2. Offer not accepted.
3. Silent commit.
4. Other (explain)

I’ve used the analogy ‘kick the tires’. I think what happened was, AK visited to kick the tires just like all visitors do. And he didn’t feel he’d be given a real opportunity to compete so he’s now looking elsewhere. Who knows, maybe Simon told him the deal about Schiano ‘competitions’.

I don’t believe for a second he’d turn us down if he felt he’d have a real opportunity with his former OC.

Therefore, my opinion is unless a silent commit (but why ?) he doesn’t believe the opportunity exists.

Alternate explanations are also guesses.
So again, your 'guesses' mean my post about looking forward to a real qb competition was naive. Okey dokey.

someone on TOS had the thought that Gavin would start but would have a shorter leash. That sounds right to me. barring someone coming in and blowing everyone else away, which i really don't see, Gavin will be QB1.

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Stop .
If we had a teel or hart this team is 8-4

Then the bowl is a toss up . Can he get better ?? Yes

But 7-6 as a starter with the second hardest schedule in the country ….people here say how great nova was with a better supporting cast, the best OC rutgers ever had, and he went 8-5 as a senior . So gw gets credit . But he can be better
Teel or Hart couldn't succeed with this WR Corp.

Hart had Tres Moses, Clark Harris, Brian Leonard (NFL), Marcus Daniels, and Willie Foster

Teel had Shawn Tucker, Tiquan Underwood (NFL), Brian Leonard (NFL), Clark Harris (NFL), Kenny Britt (NFL), Tim Brown, James Townsend, Sam Johnson

Wimsatt has Dremel, Washington, Jackson, Strong, Jonny, and Bowman

Hart had Tres Moses, Clark Harris, Brian Leonard (NFL), Marcus Daniels, and Willie Foster

Teel had Shawn Tucker, Tiquan Underwood (NFL), Brian Leonard (NFL), Clark Harris (NFL), Kenny Britt (NFL), Tim Brown, James Townsend, Sam Johnson

So you’re saying our recievers stink ?

So you’re saying our recievers stink ?
the receivers are doing their best, and i appreciate their effort. but they are clearly not on par with previous bowl winning Rutgers Receiving Corps such as Gary Nova and Mike Teel's.

look at how many of those previous kids were drafted. of our current kids, MAYBE a few get a shot as UDFA's.

tRHJjLO.jpg

what else is the staff going to say, "We're recruiting for a fake competition"

Athan would get his opportunity, but he would have to outplay the incumbent by a lot.
Al knows the deal. Schiano’s not replacing his ‘star’ QB recruit. And if we’re lacking enough NIL to attract anyone, steering it to JM and half the defense proves he doesn’t care to spend on an upgrade QB instead, absurd as that is.

Reactions: rutgersal
the receivers are doing their best, and i appreciate their effort. but they are clearly not on par with previous bowl winning Rutgers Receiving Corps such as Gary Nova and Mike Teel's.

look at how many of those previous kids were drafted. of our current kids, MAYBE a few get a shot as UDFA's.
You didn’t answer the question.

Simple yes or no. Which ?

You didn’t answer the question.

Simple yes or no. Which ?
No, our receivers don't stink. But clearly we need more talent in the room to mount an effective passing attack. look at miami's WR's. thats what we need. hopefully miller comes in and contributes significantly.

Reactions: Plum Street
No, our receivers don't stink. But clearly we need more talent in the room to mount an effective passing attack. look at miami's WR's. thats what we need. hopefully miller comes in and contributes significantly.
Miami QB is a much better passer. If we traded QBs we’d win 45-7, even with our WRs.

Sure,

Sure, I guess Schiano needs to find us some WRs with 5ft verticals or go out and find us some athletic 10 ft tall WRs...
Literally how ridiculous the mindset is. Of course having great WR makes a QB better but if he can’t throw it to them it doesn’t matter. We had some amazing catches this year as well. Strong, dremel and Jackson all had highlight reel catches.

Means nothing. He’s Schiano’s mouthpiece, forwarding spin. Last year Schiano said Simon had a real chance to beat out GW too but it was a lie.

GS can talk about a QB competition all he wants but it doesn’t mean it’s true.
Richie has to report on what he's told
lulZ so Richie is in on the GW conspiracy. Good stuff.

Jeez man, how many wide open guys that are missed do you have to see? How many passes into trouble do you have to see? Qb rating of 145 stop.

Jeez man, how many wide open guys that are missed do you have to see? How many passes into trouble do you have to see? Qb rating of 145 stop.
for every wide open throw, there was a pass breakup of a throw that would have been caught by a better receiver. How many times did you see a defender breakup a pass for Kenny Britt or Leonte Carroo? That's the type of Alpha Male WR which we need in our Corp, which we are presently missing.

Yes, the season was a success. GW, for the most part, managed the games OK behind a monster runner. Truth is that had we not had Kyle, we would be looking at a very different outcome because Gavin is unable to make something happen with his arm.
Mike Teel leaned on Ray Rice.
Gary Nova leaned on Jawan Jamison.

Yes, GW managed games behind a monster runner. That's what our inexperienced quarterbacks do.

lulZ so Richie is in on the GW conspiracy. Good stuff.
Proving you are naive. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s reporting what GS tells him. Of course Schiano will say that.

Saleh still says every week that Zack Wilson is still the Jets QB of the future after Rodgers retires. He knows it’s a lie, reporters know it’s a lie, but it’s what they report. They can’t say different if they want ongoing access to the coach.

That’s just how it works. Schiano wants to be viewed as open to upgrade. Let’s see if he means it.

Believe what you want, but trusting what Schiano tells RS is certainly naive.

Last edited:
Al is more right than wrong this time.

I think it’s 60/40 GW starts next year. No matter who we bring in. And if that happens, it’ ll be the correct decision by the coach.

Proving you are naive. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s reporting what GS tells him. Of course Schiano will say that.

Saleh still says every week that Zack Wilson is still the Jets QB of the future after Rodgers retires. He knows it’s a lie, reporters know it’s a lie, but it’s what they report. They can’t say different if they want ongoing access to the coach.

That’s just how it works. Schiano wants to be viewed as open to upgrade. Let’s see if he means it.

Believe what you want, but trusting what Schiano tells RS is certainly naive.
Oh so now Schiano is using Richie to pull a big ruse on RU fans and fake recruit a qb in the portal. You have SDS.

Also, you dodged the question. Is the Minn QB a silent commit already ? If not, why not ?

You seem so sure Schiano wants better Qb play so he’d be committed to reunite with the OC, right ?

Or is he waiting for a USC offer and $2 million NIL deal ?
Nope, no dodge brah. I'm having fun watching you triple and quadruple down on your SDS conspiracy theories.

• We won at least 7 Games for the first time since 2014
    • 11 rushes for 87 yards vs VT
    • 16 rushes for 143 yards vs Indiana
    • Made key throws to win MSU Game
    • had a 58.6% Completion Rate vs Northwestern
  • He had 11 rushing touchdowns and 9 passing touchdowns, to go along with 8 interceptions
Not exactly Michael Vick/ Eric Crouch/ Michael Bishop numbers to compensate for his 48 yard passing games.

Most of his TDs were in the Brotherly Shove formation on the goal line, and that took him multiple times to score.
  • Had had 1,735 passing yards
  • Had 497 rushing yards
  • was only sacked 14 times all year
Thank to Offensive Line for that protection.

If you want to talk about improving, that OL was basically the same group from last year that was a major weakness, and “a reason why GW couldn’t perform last year.”
  • Passing completion % was 47.8%
  • played well enough for Rutgers to be competitive against Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, and Penn State till team ran out of gas in the fourth quarter
Other than Ohio State, his passing and/or KC l’s playcalling prevented Rutgers to even have a chance to win. The DEFENSE ran out of gas in those games.
  • Had a significant proportion of Rutgers 2,193 rushing yards
That would be 2023 MVP Kyle Monongai
  • Only 19 and will work hard in the offseason to get better
  • He improves his ability to complete short passes, he will achieve the desired passing completion rate
    • Needs to average 2 more completions a game to average a 55% passing completion percentage rate
    • Needs to average 3 more completions a game to average a 60% passing completion percentage rate
Going into his fourth year of college football. Not good, no matter how deep you have to dig to get positive stats for this young man. Esp when college freshmen and sophomores are better QBs than GW. Too bad chances are not good to see if there’s 1/2 on the RU bench this spring.

Not fake recruit. Recruit a decent backup qb. Or at least try to. I told you that already
So you're sticking to your theory that Schiano and Ciarrocca are recruiting a starting P5 qb just to back-up Wimsatt. Anything else would be naive. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT