ADVERTISEMENT

Gavitt Games

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I saw on the SHU board that 8 games are listed for the Gavitt games. I did not see the full schedule anywhere but I am assuming it is official. If so why does the Big East get 5 home games and the BIG 10 only gets 3?

I saw on the SHU board that 8 games are listed for the Gavitt games. I did not see the full schedule anywhere but I am assuming it is official. If so why does the Big East get 5 home games and the BIG 10 only gets 3?
Probably because we are playing St. Johns at the Garden.

There's been no official release from either league yet. The matchups that have been announced are leaks. If these are accurate, I don't know why the B1G agreed to host two fewer games.

Here's what we know so far via social media:
Gtown @ Maryland
Creighton @ Indiana
Xavier @ Michigan
Penn st @ Depaul
Rutgers @ St Johns
Illinois @ Prov
Iowa @ Marquette
Nebraska @ Nova

I also think the matchups are dumb for the most part. Georgetown @ Maryland makes sense. Creighton @ Indiana could be fun. It's clear that the formula used to pair teams in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge wasn't used here.

Why Iowa vs Nova ? Milwaukee alot closer to Iowa City than Philly.

Iowa vs Creighton and IU vs DePaul would make sense-----or Creighton vs Nebraska.

Xavier-Michigan is fine-----the states border one another.

Even now Gavitt is protecting and favoring the CYO hoops only porgrams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT