ADVERTISEMENT

Guarantano to Tennessee

Re: It's Tennessee

So the sky isn't falling because we knew he wasn't coming here. Ehh, I would much prefer Haskins anyway.

Epic dramatic saga over, thank god. Can we talk about pizza now or something?

It was between ohio state and rutgers.

then its between tennessee too.

He just didn't want to come to rutgers. if tennessee was looking at someone else, another team would enter the picture.

It's ok, would have been too much drama and would not have beaten Rettig out anyway.

Shame on the kid's father for putting RU fans through this dog and pony show. No way I can root for this kid after this charade victimizing his dad's alma mater. Assuming the old man actually graduated.

This post was edited on 4/15 3:08 PM by Knightmoves

We should keep recruiting him until NSD.

Oh by the way, Flood sucks at recruiting.

He just didn't want to come to rutgers. if tennessee was looking at someone else, another team would enter the picture.

so be it...

only part I cared about was if he pulled other kids through...

too much manufactured drama...glad it's over

oh and don't hit me with any fake pro RU/NJ crap...don't need to hear another
word from him
This post was edited on 4/15 3:10 PM by Zombo NJ

Didn't want to believe this, but it is very true. First it was Oklahoma, then OSU, then Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if RU was in it until the end just because his family was pushing him there.

Originally posted by jay_hq:

I agree. The writing has been on the wall with this one for awhile. People wanted to think he was coming here because of his Dad, but it never really seemed like it would play out that way.

Hopefully this clarifies the decision for Haskins. It seems like he has real interest in playing for RU, and RU would be extremely happy to have him. In my opinion, we may be better off in that scenario.

No Issue with him choosing Tenn and going where he wants. I just don't get the speeches about going to Rutgers with Walker and Gary and just waiting to see how they do it the BIG. Well, RU did fine, and can compete. So whats the story?

OSU and Rutgers, then Tenn, he just did not want to come to Rutgers

Knightmoves posted on 4/15/2015...

Shame on the kid's father for putting RU fans through this dog and pony show. No way I can root for this kid after this charade victimizing his dad's alma mater. Assuming the old man actually graduated
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm with you on this. We did not need to be put down in the spotlight. Classless.

Glad it's over

I find most of this announcement process discomforting anyway. He's made his decision and good luck to him. This program still has a long way to go to really think it can compete with the factories out there. I guess the fact RU is even mentioned as a finalist is better than being totally ignored as long as it isn't some kind of pity thing that was never seriously real.

Originally posted by Knightmoves:
Shame on the kid's father for putting RU fans through this dog and pony show. No way I can root for this kid after this charade victimizing his dad's alma mater. Assuming the old man actually graduated.

Let's not get at his dad for his decision. I really believe that RU was only in it because JG was trying to be faithful to his family, specifically his dad. His dad probably had a clue that RU wasn't really at the top, but as Oklahoma fell out and OSU fell out, he may have had the same hope we, as fans, did that his son would go where he wanted him to go.

Tennessee has a lot to offer.

It's not like we lost him to Delaware.

Congratulations on his decision.

What a bunch of pathetic losers we have on this board!

He is dead to me. And the same for other traitors that abandon NJ football.

And those that say "we're talking about teenagers" and "Rutgers is not for everyone" can bite me!

This is COLLEGE FOOTBALL that we are following and supporting, of course we're talking about kids. And they are very explicitly saying New Jersey, Rutgers University, and Rutgers Football are not good enough for them. I say that if you have self-respect you will root against them!

Talk about JG hyp!e..Check THIS out B/R

I personally think this kids got quite the opinion of himself. Didnt smell right from the beginning..So, call me on the side of GOOD RIDDANCE..Says NO right after Rutgers line...

This post was edited on 4/15 3:21 PM by SBP

In Times Square no less!

Originally posted by Rutgers Man 22:
Originally posted by Knightmoves:

Let's not get at his dad for his decision. I really believe that RU was only in it because JG was trying to be faithful to his family, specifically his dad. His dad probably had a clue that RU wasn't really at the top, but as Oklahoma fell out and OSU fell out, he may have had the same hope we, as fans, did that his son would go where he wanted him to go.
I am not upset, but it clearly looks like he didn't want to come to Rutgers, and maybe it was this way for a while. OSU and RU, then Tenn. If he really wanted to come to Rutgers, and had the mindset of a Jersey kid wanting to rep NJ, he would have committed here before this.

Again, no issues with his dad or him, I just don't think we were ever a real option for him and in that case, it would have been better for Rutgers to find that out a long time ago rather than being a hat on a table.

Good luck JG at Tenn

Re: Talk about JG hyp!e..Check THIS out B/R

Just saw that too. I'm telling u it's gotta be tough for coaches man. Ur life depends on the mood swings of a 16/17 year old haha. They go get paid well so Nevermind. Ah well I am glad it's over and RU can focus on other kids which they already have been

Wish him the best and on to the next one...

Unfortunate that the claim Rutgers can not hold onto NJ kids continues to be reinforced... hopefully one day I can witness when Rutgers scores a class full of highly ranked recruits that join RU with the same level of enthusiasm as Miles Shuler did several years ago and do so with the intentions of becoming leaders for the state rather than just another name on another team's roster.

Forunately, we've been doing a good job making due with the kids that are proud to be Scarlet Knights.

Re: Talk about JG hyp!e..Check THIS out B/R

lolz. that's pretty silly. hope it works out for the kid.

"We should keep recruiting him until NSD"

This ^ . A lot of things can happen between now and NSD 2016. You guys need to reel in Haskins and keep him in the BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT