ADVERTISEMENT

Guarantano to Tennessee

Re: Talk about JG hyp!e..Check THIS out B/R

Originally posted by willisneverrana43:

His father is a loyal son and doesn't deserve posts like this when his son chooses a different school than his.
Well, if the vaguely implied quid pro quo is true, who exactly is he loyal to? Certainly not RU. If true, he can be trashed here as much as anyone.

Llet's all remember in a couple of years when the Kim Kardashian of high school quarterback wants to transfer back how important to Rutgers family was to him and Dad.

Originally posted by GrundyVolBob:
I am really shocked at all those here that are attacking this kid. I truly believe it was a close decision between Rutgers and Tennessee. We've had stuff like this happen several times over the years and it stings, but you don't attack the kid. Probably 75% or more would love to play in the SEC. It is THE conference right now. Butch Jones is a close personal friend to his family. They trusted him with their son. Tennessee has the best football facilities in the country right now, because ours are pretty much brand new. A 100,000+ seat stadium. I honestly believe if not for Butch Jones you would be celebrating big time right now. This reminds me of a Thompson kid who was the #1 rated RB in the country about 30 years back. He lived in Knoxville. Where did he choose to play football at??? Penn State. Why they were the bigger program at that time. This stuff happens. Not saying what you should be doing, but attacking the kid is definitely the wrong thing.
Very Few are attacking him. But to understand the point most of us are making, you need to be a Rutgers fan with historical perspective. By the way, Jones coached his dad at Rutgers, but as far as I know, he is not a close personal friend of the family.

But we are trying to be competitive in a very good new football conference, with facilities that need to be upgraded, and trying to do this against teams that are getting full BIG shares, while we get very little for 5 years.

We need to win in order to elevate the program and we need to get high level recruits to get that done. Most of us believe JG was never going to come here. There were signs and hints, but he kept making visits and talking about how great Rutgers was, it was home, felt very comfortable here, and he loved the coaches. He even made speeches about representing NJ and trying to get other studs like R. Gary and K. Walker to go with him to Rutgers. He stated that it was an idea they were all comfortable with and the only thing holding him back was do see how Rutgers did in their first year in the BIG. THese were his words. Well, we were 8-5, with a convincing bowl win over UNC. We were competitive and successful for our first year in the BIG.

My point is why drag Rutgers through all of this if you never really had any intention of going to Rutgers. FIrst it was Rutgers in the Lead, Then OSU and Rutgers, then Tenn. in the last couple months.

I think most of the posters here have no issues with him going elsewhere, it just is pretty clear he wasn't coming here, so it would have been better for everyone if he had just removed us from the list a few months ago rather than keep up the charade because his dad went to Rutgers. We have seen this happen all to often with Jersey recruits we need to build our program and it just gets tiring. Again, no issues with him going to Tenn, and good luck to him in the future and the Vols this season.

Originally posted by ScarletJack:
He can go where ever he wants just don't like his drama. He played us! Felt it all along.
+1. Also believe that he was never coming to RU. He dissed us by having the block R hat on the table today. There was no need for that. Now he wants to recruit NJ for Tenn. the kid has a set of big ones. Don't want to see him on campus again.

I am really shocked at all those here that are attacking this kid. I truly believe it was a close decision between Rutgers and Tennessee. We've had stuff like this happen several times over the years and it stings, but you don't attack the kid. Probably 75% or more would love to play in the SEC. It is THE conference right now. Butch Jones is a close personal friend to his family. They trusted him with their son. Tennessee has the best football facilities in the country right now, because ours are pretty much brand new. A 100,000+ seat stadium. I honestly believe if not for Butch Jones you would be celebrating big time right now. This reminds me of a Thompson kid who was the #1 rated RB in the country about 30 years back. He lived in Knoxville. Where did he choose to play football at??? Penn State. Why they were the bigger program at that time. This stuff happens. Not saying what you should be doing, but attacking the kid is definitely the wrong thing.
You are wrong. Wait until you see who your wide receiver coach is next year. Wait, do we all know who the WR coach is next year at UT?

Originally posted by RUScrew85:

You are wrong. Wait until you see who your wide receiver coach is next year. Wait, do we all know who the WR coach is next year at UT?
I really hope what you are implying here is wrong. (not saying you are...). Just hope this isn't the case and if so and Flood said no then I have gained respect for one and completely lost it for the other...

...... and the horse he rode in on.

You're just mad that Butch Jones stole your recruit and killed your horse.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The Opry is in Nashville and UT is in Knoxville. SMH.

Originally posted by Knightmoves:

He can go where ever he wants just don't like his drama. He played us! Felt it all along.
+1. Also believe that he was never coming to RU. He dissed us by having the block R hat on the table today. There was no need for that. Now he wants to recruit NJ for Tenn. the kid has a set of big ones. Don't want to see him on campus again.
Wasn't it not so long ago a kid committed to South Carolina and wanted to create a recruiting pipeline from Jersey to
there?
Also think the closest he came to a pipeline was the one that South Carolina had for their players that where headed out the door.
JG might do well as a Vol or move on, but his choice has me not caring about him being successful on the field ( injury free I hope) , only as a student and earning his degree.

He can't claim he's representing Jersey football , he's only representing himself after choosing the Vols..
Once you leave a NJ HS FB program ( or an oos one), only as a Scarlet Knight can you say you're representing Jersey and /or Jersey FB.
Guarantano represents Tennessee football now

Reactions: RUpop

If you listen to his and his father's interviews with Todd on NJ.com, they're very sincere, and have nothing but praise for Rutgers. You can tell how tough the decision was. Heck, he was in tears before announcing it. Said he made the decision late last night...and told Flood this afternoon. If you think he played us all along..what's the point of continuing to play us after??

Jarrett also said to Todd..if Rutgers wants to continue to recruit him, he'll listen. All this means is he's a Volunteer right now, and he'll see what the future holds as it happens. He loves Rutgers.

The kid wants to play in a big time school that he thinks can compete now. Unfortunately, Rutgers isn't there yet. No need to be a sore loser. I wish him well in Tennessee.

Originally posted by VolNavyman:
Calm down, guys. At least we let you have Marques Ford....
Would love to play Tennesse this year. After beating Arkansas two straight years i'd love a shot at another SEC bottom Feeder
flush.r191677.gif

He was attacked more by the Ohio State coach than the people on this site.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ohio-state-coach-takes-jab-at-recruit-who-picked-tennessee-over-buckeyes/ar-AAb4cn0

This post was edited on 4/15 9:14 PM by RUns_w/scissors

OSU

Originally posted by RUns_w/scissors:
He was attacked more by the Ohio State coach than the people on this site.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ohio-state-coach-takes-jab-at-recruit-who-picked-tennessee-over-buckeyes/ar-AAb4cn0

This post was edited on 4/15 9:14 PM by RUns_w/scissors
He was not attacked by any coach from OSU. This article is nothing but reckless speculation.

can one of the MODs ban this Savage guy, Hey Savage remember Vonn Bell does that name ring a bell?

Originally posted by mikemarc1:

If you listen to his and his father's interviews with Todd on NJ.com, they're very sincere, and have nothing but praise for Rutgers. You can tell how tough the decision was. Heck, he was in tears before announcing it. Said he made the decision late last night...and told Flood this afternoon. If you think he played us all along..what's the point of continuing to play us after??

Jarrett also said to Todd..if Rutgers wants to continue to recruit him, he'll listen. All this means is he's a Volunteer right now, and he'll see what the future holds as it happens. He loves Rutgers.

The kid wants to play in a big time school that he thinks can compete now. Unfortunately, Rutgers isn't there yet. No need to be a sore loser. I wish him well in Tennessee.
Would feel better if Jarrett acted like a solid commit,not one that looks like he wants all the attention he can get from schools besides the one he claims is his choice.
I'll go for Jim Guarantano being torn up about it, but think he should have told his son to show a firm commitment or say he needs more time to decide.
More than likely Jones told the Guarantanos he needed a decision so he could continue looking for a QB or move on to another position with the scholarships he has left to give. I'll listen to RU isn't a good way for Jarrett s to show he's a Volunteer now. .

Make your choice and be firm about it claiming it was a hard choice, but the choice was made and the issue is settled.

This post was edited on 4/15 10:01 PM by MADHAT1

Originally posted by 1984:

Originally posted by RUScrew85:

I really hope what you are implying here is wrong. (not saying you are...). Just hope this isn't the case and if so and Flood said no then I have gained respect for one and completely lost it for the other...
I've read the same implications in multiple areas of Facebook. Not really implications...flat out statements. if true I'm happy Flood didn't pay the ransom.

Re: He could've skipped the theatrics and ended it without all the drama.

Originally posted by rucoe89:
Does not represent Rutgers, so could care less for whether or not the kid succeeds on the field.
He's the son of a Scarlet Knight. You should care.

Re: It's Tennessee

DGAF. Potential is 5 percent of life. 95 percent is persistance.

Re: It's Tennessee

Best of luck to the young man but RU needs to move on and NO continued recruitment. Valuable time and resources have been used. Next man up.

GO RU

MM1….don't give the tears baloney. He only played Rutgers because of his Dad. Kid is full of drama not to mention full of himself! It was there for anyone who wanted to see it.

MM1….don't give the tears baloney. He only played Rutgers because of his Dad. Kid is full of drama not to mention full of himself! It was there for anyone who wanted to see it.
I agree....the whole thing was drama filled...and the video was beyond pathetic.

But those saying Rutgers was out of it for a long time..I didn't get that feeling watching the presser or the interviews afterwards. Just my opinion.

The video and announcement was pretty pathetic. I guess JG and his dad needed their ego's stroked a little more.

Would have loved to land him because of his potential to swing other big recruits but we are fine without him.

Originally posted by RutgersSam:
He won't be a starter at Tenn, nor would he be here. Mark my words
That's about the same 50%-50% chance as almost every other recruit...as half of them normally wash out and never reach their potential. (Hence why college programs have 85 scholarship spots plus normally 15-20 walk-ons)

Originally posted by Knight_Light:

That's about the same 50%-50% chance as almost every other recruit...as half of them normally wash out and never reach their potential. (Hence why college programs have 85 scholarship spots plus normally 15-20 walk-ons)
Wow, that is over the top even for us!!! Ha ha kid better be the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning to live up to that hype!

Just saw that video. Pretty embarrassing not only for the kid but his family. Someone talked them into it and they went along.

A 17 year old-sure we all remember ridiculous choices. But the parents-really doesn't reflect well. They seem to have gotten caught up and liking the attention.

With this love of attention and it becoming the usual family dynamic, my money is we will hear more about wavering etc until Feb so that more attention gets shone the family way.

Originally posted by ru-baby:
Just saw that video. Pretty embarrassing not only for the kid but his family. Someone talked them into it and they went along.

A 17 year old-sure we all remember ridiculous choices. But the parents-really doesn't reflect well. They seem to have gotten caught up and liking the attention.

With this love of attention and it becoming the usual family dynamic, my money is we will hear more about wavering etc until Feb so that more attention gets shone the family way.
I don't know anything about the kid, his parents, Butch Jones, or anyone else associated with this drama so I won't pass judgement on any of the decisions along the way. I can only speak for me when I say that I wouldn't have let my kid do a video like that. Then again I've never had a child who was a highly sought after D1 athlete.

I have no ill will toward JG, I don't wish the best nor hope he fails. I really don't care either way once they leave for another FB program.

Re: He could've skipped the theatrics and ended it without all the drama.

Originally posted by SanFranRutgers:
Originally posted by rucoe89:
Does not represent Rutgers, so could care less for whether or not the kid succeeds on the field.
He's the son of a Scarlet Knight. You should care.
Now that is some funny chit. What about cousins of Scarlet Knights? Nieces and nephews of Scarlet Knights? Friends of Scarlet Knights? I say screw it, we should care for anyone affiliated with a Scarlet Knight - even if they are 4 times removed. Kumbaya.

He has more INT's in High School then TD's. Second coming of Gary Nova

Originally posted by Knight_Light:

He has about a 20 % chance of starting since they currently have a So 4 star starter this year and 3 4 star true freshmen waiting to play. One of the freshmen enrolled early and is considered good since he is already second string. He might start Junior year but is going to wait four years on the bench before playing. Vol fan mentioned on their board if he was smart he wouldn't go there and another one of their fans was placing odds of how many transfers in 2017.

Its all good. He will wind up back at Rutgers anyway. He won't have the football factories as options the 2nd time around.

If he had committed to Rutgers you all would have been loving the video. So what he and his family had some fun with it. I am sure they are proud of his accomplishment. People make videos like this all the time for announcing things. Do you feel it reflects poorly on someone who makes a video birth announcement? I doubt his family care is some bitter message board poster thought it was bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT