ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 4/20!

Originally posted by RU4Real:
A blessing upon those who... 'celebrate'.
Well, this must be that elusive second time this year that we agree, Slim.
Me and my buds are gonna celebrate later today
Everybody enjoy.

Originally posted by jim1666:
what are you? 15?
You are giving too much credit. I am as pro legalization as they come but this 420 bs is lame. I'm more impressed by people calling strangers to ask if their refrigerator is running so they can go catch it. At least that is clever. That has a pun. 420 is a silly social signal. No one needs to congratulate themselves for smoking something.

Lot of crazy stuff happened around this time. Adolf's B'day, Columbine, Ok City bombing, Titanic sinking, Boston Marathon bombing
This post was edited on 4/20 11:22 AM by DontTedonMe

tumblr_n3q1t3E1pP1qff4d6o2_500.gif

tumblr_mqkvsp7DvV1qjczh3o1_500.gif

Love the idea of legalization, but leery of marijuana edibles. I fear that too many accidental overdoses with edibles might derail the legalization process.

Anyone else a fan of Getting Doug with High?

Originally posted by HPNJRUfan:
tumblr_n3q1t3E1pP1qff4d6o2_500.gif

Dazed and Confused - best film ever about late 70s stoner culture and launching pad for a ton of new stars. That was my high school, lol.

Found this to be quite amusing on the wiki page on 4/20 day:

In Colorado, the [28]

Originally posted by BellyFullOfWhiteDogCrap:

Love the idea of legalization, but leery of marijuana edibles. I fear that too many accidental overdoses with edibles might derail the legalization process.

Anyone else a fan of Getting Doug with High?
Had another one just last night in the ER. Someone ate half a brownie and called 911 shortly after. All told, that was probably a $5000 edible. A different ER Doc on and the bill would have been higher because some order head CTs for all "altered level of consciousness." This means drunk or high.

Originally posted by _dave_:

Had another one just last night in the ER. Someone ate half a brownie and called 911 shortly after. All told, that was probably a $5000 edible. A different ER Doc on and the bill would have been higher because some order head CTs for all "altered level of consciousness." This means drunk or high.
I think that's a temporary phenomenon, though. Used to be that any heroin ingestion which resulted in a 911 call was automatically a transport. Now, with more awareness, more training - and, unfortunately, more heroin - we're actually RMA'ing heroin ingestions - even some which are dispatched as "overdose". I think it's likely we'd see the same thing with edible marijuana ingestion.

Although I do agree with the point that edibles, in general, can be a risky proposition. I suspect not too much time would pass before we started hearing, "My 3 year-old just ate an entire plate of pot brownies."

Originally posted by R1776U:
i enjoy punch a pothead in the face day!
Trust me, you wouldn't really enjoying doing that in front of the people I know that smoke.
Most of the women would probably kick yer arse.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
The last 3 Presidents admit to Using when younger.

These are all excellant examples of why not to use.

One is trying to destroy his country, another tried to destroy a part of the world
and the other destroyed the poor girl's blouse.
laugh.r191677.gif
This post was edited on 4/20 3:46 PM by NickKnight 1

Originally posted by NickKnight 1:
Originally posted by Abro1975:
The last 3 Presidents admit to Using when younger.

These are all excellant examples of why not to use.

One is trying to destroy his country, another tried to destroy a part of the world
and the other destroyed the poor girl's blouse.
laugh.r191677.gif
This post was edited on 4/20 3:46 PM by NickKnight 1
Yeah, but that last one didn't inhale.

Funny you mention heroin. Last night we also had a car roll in with an unresponsive blue-skinned guy in the back seat. Heroin overdose. He was bagged immediately and a couple doses of Narcan brought him right back. Thankfully he lived to shoot up another day (today?).

Also, have seen a few kids get into their parent's stashes. For the most part it turns out the same as with adults but only with police and social services intervention.

Still, seems like one of the most dangerous drugs out there is alcohol. Most of the narcotic addicts are only really bad if they first had family histories of mental health disorders. Meth does wonders with schizophrenics and causes psychotic breaks. Otherwise, please use with moderation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT