ADVERTISEMENT

Haskins on campus RIGHT NOW

But don't act like your basketball is anywhere near our football. The logic you guys are trying to use here is ridiculous. If recruits always picked schools based off who beat who, then neither of our schools would ever be in consideration for guys like JG or Haskins. It's about soooo much more than that.

As for this recruitment, I still firmly believe Haskins ends up at MD. That said, Rutgers has made up a ton of ground and this is a two-horse race. He will not announce this weekend though, I can all but guarantee you that.
Your a pretty reasonable sounding guy ...its an RU board so don't get so touchy. I'm on other boards all the time and need to let a lot of stuff pass or i'd go batsa.

Hope he comes here.
RUScrew85 is a huge fan so it's funny how people are so quick to shout down something that doesn't jive with what they want. Embarrassing.

Screw, a little more context? Ideas where he's going? Is/was he considering us?
How close/removed is the source you've heard this from? Thanks.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I don't he would be here this much for nothing. Sanu is his guiding light and mo Jabbie is his childhood best friend. He's a nj kid and we will be a tough big 10 team with host of others that will surround Haskins when he commits. I don't have people on the street so this is my gut talking but I think we got this one. It's about time. As for Walker, I don't think that's over yet either. I think he made a quick decision which makes sense during a national championship game but I still think he's got Rutgers in his heart and he's waiting for haskins and crew to pull the trigger.

How should we feel if after losing the battle to keep JG home, we lose a battle for Haskins in which Maryland (a true peer school) keeps their guy home.

Disclaimer: Not admitting defeat.
Sojo, He is from Highland Park,see Policastro, Presley and LJ, 5 minutes from the stadium. Yes they moved to Maryland and he played there but his dad was a good ballplayer at HP and Ron Haskins used to be the police chief. If that cannot keep him nothing will.

Reactions: RutgersUnion
At first this looked like a trip to just hang out with friends....now.he is supposed to meet with the RU staff, which changes it to a recruiting visit....we can again hope for progress

"i heard, on the same street that screw was on, from a different guy, that he's coming here. hope I'm right……………………………."

Well, I heard on a different street that he was gonna verbal to Temple.
Apparently he's a big fan of cheese steaks.

Would be great if Haskins came here. He is very much a "Rutgers" type kid and would fit in very well.

JG not coming here would be a blessing in disguise. Haskins is MUCH better.

Reactions: JQRU91
Either way I think he conducts himself entirely different. Everyone is in to a bit of self-promoting.

With JG he wants to recruit nj players, and publicize it, but the first mention that Tenn. didnt have a draftee, and he says "stop all the hating". Honestly that kid can dish it but not take it.

Back to the matter at hand, if DH ultimately decides elsewhere, I think he will have invested a lot of time coming up from MD to review the program, not build up the attention for his final annoucmenent.

Reactions: JQRU91
I don't he would be here this much for nothing. Sanu is his guiding light and mo Jabbie is his childhood best friend. He's a nj kid and we will be a tough big 10 team with host of others that will surround Haskins when he commits. I don't have people on the street so this is my gut talking but I think we got this one. It's about time. As for Walker, I don't think that's over yet either. I think he made a quick decision which makes sense during a national championship game but I still think he's got Rutgers in his heart and he's waiting for haskins and crew to pull the trigger.
How many times did JG show up on campus; it turned out to be for nothing.

But don't act like your basketball is anywhere near our football. The logic you guys are trying to use here is ridiculous. If recruits always picked schools based off who beat who, then neither of our schools would ever be in consideration for guys like JG or Haskins. It's about soooo much more than that.

As for this recruitment, I still firmly believe Haskins ends up at MD. That said, Rutgers has made up a ton of ground and this is a two-horse race. He will not announce this weekend though, I can all but guarantee you that.

Its a two horse race? Lol. The kid is planning on visiting nearly every major program.

Hope he comes here.
RUScrew85 is a huge fan so it's funny how people are so quick to shout down something that doesn't jive with what they want. Embarrassing.

Screw, a little more context? Ideas where he's going? Is/was he considering us?
How close/removed is the source you've heard this from? Thanks.

I have said all I know. Consider it a rumor. Where there is smoke there is fire. I can say no more.

Reactions: armcav
I have said all I know. Consider it a rumor. Where there is smoke there is fire. I can say no more.
Everyone hears different things. Someone I know close to the situation believes Rutgers has a very good shot at Haskins. The truth is none of us really know except for Haskins.

And the roller coaster begins again lol. Time to just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

if DH is from Highland Park I have two words for him System Burgers.

Judging by recent tweets, he's liking ND right now.

With this kids tweets you can't take anything he says seriously. People criticized JG for attention and all Haskins does is retweet about every school in the country and attract attention from different school bases. Whatever he's 16-17 so live it up, but as a fan don't take anything to heart.

With this kids tweets you can't take anything he says seriously. People criticized JG for attention and all Haskins does is retweet about every school in the country and attract attention from different school bases. Whatever he's 16-17 so live it up, but as a fan don't take anything to heart.

I'd agree if this was a retweet, but it wasn't.

^ND got Wimbush last year. I doubt he goes to a school that has a 5 star QB only a year older than him.

Hehe we just lost a QB that tweeted good stuff about RU all the time. Now we have a QB that tweets about everybody else but yet he has visited RU three times in the last 5 weeks. Don't pay attention what he says, pay attention what he does. Trust me we are in this until the end.

Well, if he's STILL on campus then I'd say our chances are good.

Or he's lost.

Could be either one.

It's not like the best pure passer ever to play at Rutgers is from Highland Park also...

You need to learn how to read. I didn't say he made the meme, I said it wasn't a retweet.

He clearly made the PSU one himself and got butchered in a very good natured way by people from all over, he pulled that one. The comments about it were civil yet funny, it was the worst photo shop of 2015.

Maryland is a bb school, we are more a football school.

This I have to laugh at. Maryland has been to a BCS bowl, won a national championship and has plenty of guys in the NFL. Sure we are better at bball now, but for most of our history we were far more a football power than a basketball one. Maryland still cares a lot about football, but like Rutgers we compete with two pro NFL franchises.

Rutgers has been neither ever, mostly becaues you have been teetering on Ivy league for so long and never committed to big time athletics until recently. I do think Rutgers has a potential to do VERY well in lots of sports in the B1G, you are several years away from realizing that potential. At some point Rutgers will hae to finish #1 or #2 in the B1G to earn that distinction.

Again I think Rutgers can do that long before Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, or even Iowa will.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
You need to learn how to read. I didn't say he made the meme, I said it wasn't a retweet.
The emojis give away that he posted it because he thought it was funny not because he's liking ND right now.

This I have to laugh at. Maryland has been to a BCS bowl, won a national championship and has plenty of guys in the NFL. Sure we are better at bball now, but for most of our history we were far more a football power than a basketball one. Maryland still cares a lot about football, but like Rutgers we compete with two pro NFL franchises.

Rutgers has been neither ever, mostly becaues you have been teetering on Ivy league for so long and never committed to big time athletics until recently. I do think Rutgers has a potential to do VERY well in lots of sports in the B1G, you are several years away from realizing that potential. At some point Rutgers will hae to finish #1 or #2 in the B1G to earn that distinction.

Again I think Rutgers can do that long before Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, or even Iowa will.
For the most point I get it..we didn't play until late a draining schedule but we have shocked and beaten some very good team even in the seventies...in eighty I think Bear Bryant said he's never coming back to NY/NJ after almost losing to us in the Meadowlands and Tennessee asked whatsa Rutgers before that at home only to find out even though we were out manned and talented...UF in Gainesville highly ranked...26-26 i believe around the same time. We always sprinkled in the PSU,Bama and Tennessee's even then. I think against the ACC and SEC we have an admirable record. Though im not sure anyone would have said were a power lately we have hung our hats on FB. In the seventies and eighties we were good at both but probably thought of as a BB school?

This ship is sailing to Maryland. Let's just say Under Armour has more influence to a local than just uniforms or apparel. I hate to say it but this is exactly what is wrong with college athletics these days. Doesn't matter where the kid's heart is or where the kid wants to go. Unfortunately this is a business. Hope I am wrong but RUScrew85 and his source are going to be right on this one. Sad.

This ship is sailing to Maryland. Let's just say Under Armour has more influence to a local than just uniforms or apparel. I hate to say it but this is exactly what is wrong with college athletics these days. Doesn't matter where the kid's heart is or where the kid wants to go. Unfortunately this is a business. Hope I am wrong but RUScrew85 and his source are going to be right on this one. Sad.
---------

I understand this is a business to a certain extent, but I cannot see a player not choosing where he REALLY wants to go in the end......it winds up being his choice.....

I put two kids through college, one (so far) into grad school and none of the three schools - or their sponsors - offered me a job. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Are you saying we will be number 1 or 2 in the B1G East before any B1G West team will? lol thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT