ADVERTISEMENT

Hernandez should have been on post game interview

mainlinerich

Senior
Jul 3, 2003
You would think Stringer would have put a new face in the press conference. I think Stringer recruited some 3 point shooters, but I don't believe that she really values them. Hernandez came up big in three pointers where we usually don't have squat. Same old, same old.

Originally posted by mainlinerich:
You would think Stringer would have put a new face in the press conference. I think Stringer recruited some 3 point shooters, but I don't believe that she really values them. Hernandez came up big in three pointers where we usually don't have squat. Same old, same old.
Hmm, if we historically don't have much success shooting three pointers,
and someone hits 5 of them in a game (and, from all indications, she
has the green light to shoot them), then how is that "same old, same
old"? You're going to base your opinion of the coach on who talks with the media? Seriously?

The post game interview on radio is always the coach who scouted the team we played. Today it was Betsey Yonkman.

Just to clear up your statement, the press tell the media person who they wish to interview and she/he informs the players and coach

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that the press picks who will be interviewed. Thanks RU67 for the link to the conference where Cynthia is on.

As for "my having an agenda", these are the first posts I've done on WBB in a long time. By "same old, same old" I mean Stringer only goes to the three point shooters when she is forced to do it. She says that in the interview with Hernandez.
If you watch lots of other teams, women & men, they integrate their three point shooters into their offenses. I don't think RU does that. They're only in the game when the opponent forces us to do it.

Clearly, I ruffled the feathers of some touchy Stringer defenders. Let's see where this team ends up at the end of the season. Then we can discuss how Vivian did this year.

Originally posted by mainlinerich:
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that the press picks who will be interviewed. Thanks RU67 for the link to the conference where Cynthia is on.

As for "my having an agenda", these are the first posts I've done on WBB in a long time. By "same old, same old" I mean Stringer only goes to the three point shooters when she is forced to do it. She says that in the interview with Hernandez.

If you watch lots of other teams, women & men, they integrate their three point shooters into their offenses. I don't think RU does that. They're only in the game when the opponent forces us to do it.

Clearly, I ruffled the feathers of some touchy Stringer defenders. Let's see where this team ends up at the end of the season. Then we can discuss how Vivian did this year.
I'm sorry, but when a new poster (I don't recall seeing you on this board before) shows up after a conference road win, only to complain about something trivial like who spoke to the media, then yes, it's going to ruffle some feathers.

I don't have a problem with CVS only deploying her sharp-shooter when the situation calls for it. Isn't that part of coaching - deciding which players to use when? Although I think Hernandez will be a huge help down the stretch, who in the current line-up would you sit to give her more minutes?

So right back at you... Let's see where this team ends up at the end of the season. Then we can discuss how Vivian did this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT