ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting....Offers vs Commits (5 Years)

NewJerseyHawk

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2007
Here are the last 5 recruiting classes for RU, after a very large class in 2017 & 2018 to rebuild this roster.

Class of 2017.....39 offers, 4 commits

Mamadou Doucoure
Geo Baker
Myles Johnson
Souf Mensah

Class of 2018.....44 offers, 5 commits

Ron Harper Jr
Montez Mathis
Caleb McConnell
Shaq Carter
Jacob Young (transfer)

Class of 2019.....52 offers, 3 commits

Paul Mulcahy
Oskar Palmquist (2020 reclassified to 2019 as a mid year enrollee)
Akwasi Yeboah (grad transfer)

Class of 2020.......51 offers, 4 commits

Cliff Omoyuri
Mawot Mag
Dean Reiber
Jaden Jones (reclassified from 2021 to 2020, mid year enrollee).

Class of 2021.....42 offers, 1 commit

Jalen Miller

I have counted 17 scholarship spread out over 5 recruiting classes.....you are capped at 13 scholarships at 1 time.

Here is the math.

5 years.....228 offers.....17 commitments.

I believe this is on average with most Power 5 programs during a rebuild, when you are restocking a roster and the commitments that land on the roster, stick for 3 or 4 years. You cannot get more commitments unless your roster turnover is higher.

The success rate is approximately 7%.....so you can offer 100 kids and land 7......your "trouble in recruiting" means you miss 93% of the time.

To recap, 228 offers over 5 years and you are capped to 13 scholarship kids on a roster at 1 time.

Here are the last 5 recruiting classes for RU, after a very large class in 2017 & 2018 to rebuild this roster.

Mamadou Doucoure
Geo Baker
Myles Johnson
Souf Mensah

Ron Harper Jr
Montez Mathis
Caleb McConnell
Shaq Carter
Jacob Young (transfer)

Paul Mulcahy

Cliff Omoyuri
Mawot Mag
Dean Reiber

Jalen Miller

I have counted 17 scholarship spread out over 5 recruiting classes.....you are capped at 13 scholarships at 1 time.

Here is the math.

I believe this is on average with most Power 5 programs during a rebuild, when you are restocking a roster and the commitments that land on the roster, stick for 3 or 4 years. You cannot get more commitments unless your roster turnover is higher.

The success rate is approximately 7%.....so you can offer 100 kids and land 7......your "trouble in recruiting" means you miss 93% of the time.

To recap, 228 offers over 5 years and you are capped to 13 scholarship kids on a roster at 1 time.
So you are saying Pike failed 211 times.

Never good to miss on top targets regardless

really...this is getting old

we had 6 guys who were 4 star recruits from at least one (if not all) of the major recruiting rankings on our roster last year

Young
Doucoure
Harper
Mathis
Mulcahy
Omouyri

next year ...we have four out of ten
Harper/Mulcahy/Omouyri/jones

its totally fair to expect this program to have 4-5 4 star kids at a time ...we are not going to be a program to have 8-9 at a time because kids who come here want to play and play early

when we go to 6 of 8 NCAA times ...then maybe we will start to have more talent as a considered blue blood.

really...this is getting old

we had 6 guys who were 4 star recruits from at least one (if not all) of the major recruiting rankings on our roster last year

Young
Doucoure
Harper
Mathis
Mulcahy
Omouyri

next year ...we have four out of ten
Harper/Mulcahy/Omouyri/jones

its totally fair to expect this program to have 4-5 4 star kids at a time ...we are not going to be a program to have 8-9 at a time because kids who come here want to play and play early

when we go to 6 of 8 NCAA times ...then maybe we will start to have more talent as a considered blue blood.
Absolutely great job by Pike to get those kids.

Mamadou Doucoure
Geo Baker
Myles Johnson
Souf Mensah

Ron Harper Jr
Montez Mathis
Caleb McConnell
Shaq Carter
Jacob Young (transfer)

Paul Mulcahy

Cliff Omoyuri
Mawot Mag
Dean Reiber

Jalen Miller

Here is the math.

Who cares about stinkin’ facts 😆. They get ignored to justify people’s opinions.

Reactions: mikeyo
Did he really miss that many times or did he stop recruiting some of those kids for various reasons? Including getting a commitment from someone else at the same position?
Yes, you are right. Obviously when you offer 40+ guys in a year, some turn you down, some accept and others had offers that weren't committable at some point in the process - either while we wait on higher kids or after other kids took a spot. So you are right, the number of kids who we would have accepted but they turned us down is way less than that 211.
Im not saying Pikes recruiting has been stellar. I was hoping it would be getting a little easier by now.
But he turned lower ranked kids into a team of (mostly) winners. So I expect he will do it again with this group.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT