ADVERTISEMENT

I think the women's team is over-performing

This thread just made me laugh out loud. Except for Bates, they are all in beast mode. Coach Q, has been a pleasure to watch her lead her very young charges. I am praying that Hobbs, and Coach tie Kaylene down and don't let any other team poach her. As I have said before, she reminds me of my all-time favorite Knight, CAPPIE! I'm sure Coach, and her staff will be looking to bring in numerous recruits to join all the youngins. Just look at what she has done in such a short time. Reposting the box from game. Chyna Cornwell was in beast mode as well.

over performing might be what most think.
But I feel this team is using all it's individual and collective talent along with great coaching to play the way they are.
That and the never give up and keep on hustling attitude , make for what some feel is preforming better then expected..

Really hard to know if the team is "over-performing" because no one knew what to expect this year, or how they'd stack up against the rest of the B10. But it is clear that the doomsday fears/predictions were way off, and Coach Washington seems to have the very real love/respect/buy in from all the players. Seeing Chyna and Awa really step into starter roles has been fanastic, and Smikle has proven to be (more than) the real deal.

While it's true we have the same total wins as last season, we have 5 B10 wins, compared to only 3 last year (with 3 games to go). That's I think a better measure of the team's competitiveness.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Washington's team reminds me of Pikiell's teams in his first couple of seasons on the Banks. Hopefully she can get a recruiting uptick as the season winds down. A couple of impact transfers and a hidden HS gem or two would be nice to add.

This will be two straight duds on national TV. Not good for recruiting.

We really can't afford a loss like this to .....Wisconsin. They better make a run and close this gap in these final 6 minutes.

Wow that was a dud. Losing by 26 to a team we beat at home and only has 9 wins?

Wow that was a dud. Losing by 26 to a team we beat at home and only has 9 wins?

They've been overachieving. It's amazing they've avoided this type of let down this far. On to the next game!
It would have been better if they had gotten this kind of game out of their system earlier in the season. This is the worst time to take a nose dive.

We all know too well that the way teams end the season, unfortunately, is often what fans(recruits, portal entrants) will remember when defining the team.

They haven't played the last few games with that sense of focus and grit that we saw when they were inspired to represent for the HoF coaches. They're playing like they've hit the freshman wall. The short roster has them playing matador D after they pick up their first foul, in hopes of avoiding foul trouble.

They are shooting so poorly these days and don't even want to shoot the three with exception of Kaylene and Abby, who can't get enough opportunities to shoot it. KB will take it if there but is not efficient. Kai, Erica, and Antonia have to shoot it efficiently for us to be competitive. They're capable but way too inconsistent. We can't even shoot it well during home games.

That Illinois game takes on added significance after this recent slide. We better come out and light it up and get the W!!!

For recruiting sake.

They've been overachieving. It's amazing they've avoided this type of let down this far. On to the next game!
I perfer to think the team has been maximizing their individual talents and playing a team oriented game at the same time .
The never give up husling style the team plays makes them look like they are doing more than thir talent should permit.
But sometimes the faults show up and even the best part of their game can't overcome that, then. the team looks like it was expected to before the season started.
So I say alot of times this team has beaten the expectations I had for it before this season began.

I perfer to think the team has been maximizing their individual talents and playing a team oriented game at the same time .
The never give up husling style the team plays makes them look like they are doing more than thir talent should permit.
But sometimes the faults show up and even the best part of their game can't overcome that, then. the team looks like it was expected to before the season started.
So I say alot of times this team has beaten the expectations I had for it before this season began.
Whatever

I was one of those who were disappointed in the Washington hire because of her record at Penn State. But she has done a great job this year given the hand she was dealt.

I was one of those who were disappointed in the Washington hire because of her record at Penn State. But she has done a great job this year given the hand she was dealt.
Certainly EXCEEDING my expectations and think they have done a very nice job. A win today to seal a day 1 bye would be a great accomplisment...plus B1G wins would be nice. A good finish for reg season and momentum heading to the tourney.
Yes beating #25 will be a challenge and if Wisky losses we still get the bye.

and yes, if this trend continues today you can blame me for the jinx with Wisky upsetting #12 UM. I can't believe I'm saying it but Go UM!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT